Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Stanley Cup Finals -- Go Ottawa!
    Red Wings or Ducks vs. Senators -- Does it really matter we've got Alfredsson! (http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=208360&hubname=nhl)

Yeah, the Sens should thoroughly trounce either opponent. The Wings are old and Hasek is only sporadically brilliant these days, while the Ducks are bound to tire out playing a shortened bench in the playoffs.
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
    ~Lynn Hall

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    I would prefer to see the Sens win, but when betting, I'll place my money on the red wings (reluctantly)

BTW, there is already a thread on the stanley cup playoffs. Maybe a mod should combine this one into it to eliminate redundancy.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...y+cup+playoffs
    Last edited by ALH - AmeritrustRx; May 21st, 2007 at 08:49 PM.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

I'll post this here until (when/if) the threads get merged...

Grats to the Sens and their fans.

My Sabres were victimized by running into the hottest and sometimes best team in the NHL. It was a carbon copy of last years Sens/Sabres series, with the bounces going Ottawa's way this year. (Well, there was no "Game 1" like last year, but you get my drift).
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Hey Noth,

Since you're from Rochester, you can revel in the fact that your LAX club won it all this year:
    http://www.nll.com/stats.php?ps=http...&seasonid=1841.

Congrats!

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    Steele,

That is some fantastic insite on the Ducks. Unfortunately for the Sens, they are running into a super hot goalie and the best defensive tandom in the league. We all know defense and golatending wins championships. Ottawa hasn't faced a team as physical and big as Anaheim. Ducks in 6, should be a great series.
    Last edited by Brent E.; May 25th, 2007 at 01:46 PM.
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    To paraphrase myself in the other thread, despite the feelings of their fabulous new owners,

the Ducks are still Mighty!
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Ottawa has looked fantastic in their first three series, but I've seen teams or individual athletes look indestructible before, who then got dominated in the next round.

It'd be cool for Ottawa to bring home the cup. I'm sure those whacky Canadiens would love it too. I'm sure Duck fans feel the same way. As I'm an Avs fan, I get to be impartial here and just enjoy what I hope will be a top notch final. Good luck to them both.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

So they're down 1...if anyone knows Ottawa, my brother tells me that they are whooping it up big time in the downtown area. I guess they closed Elgin St. for the crowds and set up big screens so that everyone can watch outdoors. It's definitely Canada's team, but it's funny that the folks in Cali aren't really all that jazzed about the Ducks.

Quote Originally Posted by 1av8r
    ..., but it's funny that the folks in Cali aren't really all that jazzed about the Ducks.
    When Jack Kent Cooke brought hockey to Socal with the original Kings franchise, he was asked if hockey will succeed here. He replied yes, because there are thousands of Canadians in Socal.

After a few years of dismal attendance, Cooke noted that the reason thousands had left Canada and moved to Socal was because they hated hockey.

Hockey has never been the draw that baseball, pro and college basketball, college football, and yes, pro football, are here. The Kings and Ducks generally only draw well and have won over fans when they have winning teams, and never even then anywhere comperable to the Angels (and Rams) in Orange County, or the Dodgers, Lakers, etc. in LA.

Too bad.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

Quote Originally Posted by 1av8r
    So they're down 1...if anyone knows Ottawa, my brother tells me that they are whooping it up big time in the downtown area. I guess they closed Elgin St. for the crowds and set up big screens so that everyone can watch outdoors. It's definitely Canada's team, but it's funny that the folks in Cali aren't really all that jazzed about the Ducks.
    The senators are no doubt Canada's team, but to USA hockey fans, I'd imagine the ducks are most American hockey fans choice. As for California, with 5 MLB, 4 NBA, 3 NFL, and 3 NHL teams in one state, they probably don't whoop it up over any one team too noticeably. Not counting soccer, arena fb, lacrosse, etc, they have 15 major league sports teams, so their enthusiasm is probably not on the same level.

The Ducks looked persistent in game one. This should be a good series, so I look forward to tomorrow.

Go Ducks. I live 10 mins away and the Ducks are my team. That game yesterday was great. Some hard hits this series for sure.

To a good playoff!
    Joe Pantel, Chief Executive Officer [URL=http://www.adfinity.com]www.adfinity.com[/URL]
    [email=Joe@adfinity.com]Joe@adFinity.com[/email] AIM: adFinityJoe Phone: 800-925-8530 Ext. 201
    Weekly Payments, $500 Bonus, Highest Payouts, 24/7 Customer Support

Quote Originally Posted by adFinityJoe
    Go Ducks. I live 10 mins away and the Ducks are my team. That game yesterday was great. Some hard hits this series for sure.

To a good playoff!
    adFinityJoe, re Ducks:

What do you think of the arena name change? If ever there was a perfect name for the home of the Ducks, it was the POND.

If they had to change the name, Honda missed out by not calling it the Honda Ponda.

One moe time:

the Ducks are still MIGHTY.

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    Hockey has never been the draw that baseball, pro and college basketball, college football, and yes, pro football, are here.
    Do they have hockey rinks in Cali?
    Brent Elias
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Brent E.
    As an ex Bruins supporter, based on recent years, I'd have to ask: "Do they have hockey rinks in Boston?"

I was very happy though that Ray Bourque finally got his ring with my Avs. We loved having him for two years. He was (IMO) one of the top 3 defenseman to ever play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    As an ex Bruins supporter, based on recent years, I'd have to ask: "Do they have hockey rinks in Boston?"

I was very happy though that Ray Bourque finally got his ring with my Avs. We loved having him for two years. He was (IMO) one of the top 3 defenseman to ever play the game.
    There are approximately 122 rinks in Massachusetts.

It was a great day for Bostonians as well. There has been no Boston athlete that commanded the type of respect that Ray Bourque has in this city. He is not only a top 5 defensmen of all time, but he is a stand up human being. Next to the term role model in the dictionary should be a picture of his face.
    Brent Elias

Not many, and I wouldn't know, offhand, where to find one.

I played team sports most of my life, including intramural basketball and baseball at UCLA, and weekly pick-up basketball, football and baseball (by season) with a group of friend for a couple of decades (not this decade or the last one), but I've never set foot on ice in my life.

but I've never set foot on ice in my life.
    I can tell you that it is very slippery :-)

There are tons of Hockey rinks in Cali. I know of about 5 within 30 mins drive from my house.
    Joe Pantel, Chief Executive Officer [URL=http://www.adfinity.com]www.adfinity.com[/URL]
    [email=Joe@adfinity.com]Joe@adFinity.com[/email] AIM: adFinityJoe Phone: 800-925-8530 Ext. 201

adFinityJoe, re Ducks:

What do you think of the arena name change? If ever there was a perfect name for the home of the Ducks, it was the POND.

If they had to change the name, Honda missed out by not calling it the Honda Ponda.

One moe time:

the Ducks are still MIGHTY.
    Hound. The Ducks will always be mighty to me as well and will always play at the POND. I dont care what the outside says

It is kind of like when the WWF went to WWE. I just can not call it WWE. It iwll always be WWF to me.

Quote Originally Posted by adFinityJoe
    There are tons of Hockey rinks in Cali. I know of about 5 within 30 mins drive from my house.
    Maybe in Orange County. There used to be one near here, but they went belly-up several years ago. I did a search for ice rinks for my zip code, and the closest was 18 miles.

And adFinityJoe, there is hope for the Pond - Edison International Field of Anaheim didn't last too long.

I agree it went back to good old Angel Stadium like it should be. But the name still sucks LA Angles of Anaheim. lol Marketing at its best. Just isnt right. O well they are playing good thats what I care about.

I've got a funny story about rinks down here. In the late 90's, CBC was looking to do a story on Canucks that had relocated to Silicon Valley. The reporter wasn't sure where to start looking, so he decided to go to the nearest hockey rink! Sure enough, there I was playing pickup, so I ended up being one 3 people they profiled for a 1/2 hr special that they aired nationwide.
    Last edited by 1av8r; May 30th, 2007 at 12:40 PM. Reason: sp

Mssrs. Giguere & Emery

Did anyone else have a problem with Pronger getting a one game suspension for the hit on Mcammond? I didn't see where the suspension came from. It wasnt the cleanest of hits(the elbow was up there), but it was a far cry from a lot of the hits I have seen in this years stanley cup playoff. It is a shame really.

I hope everyone enjoys the game tonight, Here is to Ottawa tying up the series and this one going 7!
    Brent Elias

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast