Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Recommended Self Hosted Affiliate software
    I am starting a new affiliate program with a new website. This time I would like to self-host my affiliate software. My new website is apache hosted and it seems my only choice is Groundbreak's ultimate affiliate software.

However, their forum is down, phone disconnected, IM offline, and they don't answer emails. So I am a bit hesitant use software where support will be a problem.

I used affiliate wiz in the past and support and the software is great but it is asp.net only.

So besides Ultimate Affiliate, what are my choices for self-hosted affiliate software?

Why self hosted? No services fees and I like the idea of affiliate URLs point to my site instead of a third party URL.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I know I'm not answering your questions, but have you checked out Sharesale? For a nominal set up fee and reasonable commission on each sale, they have the greatest support of any network I have every worked with.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by LinkAdage
    So besides Ultimate Affiliate, what are my choices for self-hosted affiliate software?
    Check out http://www.affiliate-software-review.com

...and, like Ron said, do consider going with SaS. It is very inexpensive to join, extremely reputable, transparent, offers you more several recruitment opportunities, packed with useful tools (both for merchants, and your affiliates), saves you the headache of staying accountable for tracking and check-cutting... the list could go on and on. Check 'em out for yourself, and see what affiliates have to say about them (around this message board and beyond).

Thanks,

Geno

ABW Ambassador
    We have used groundbreak for 4 years with no problems.
    It is not supported but you can hire a freelancer to install it.
    I'm told that it's a one day job.

Then add SAS

Thanks for the suggestions on Shareasale I have used them in the past. However, now I want self hosted.

I found another company with a self-hosted option - allaffiliatepro, but their phone also doesn't work and am waiting for a reply to an email.

On that affiliate software review site I have tried a few times but never get the clickback email so I can access the website.

I found another company with a self-hosted option - allaffiliatepro, but their phone also doesn't work...
    Not a good sign. Ask around at ABW if anyone has any experience with them.

On that affiliate software review site I have tried a few times but never get the clickback email so I can access the website.
    I've just e-mailed the owner of the site about it...

Geno

Thanks Geno.

I use aweber which is known for email deliverability so it's disappointing to hear someone not getting the confirmation email. Contact me via the contact page and I'll add you manually.

Regards,
    Peter
    [URL=http://www.typoassassin.com/?utm_source=abestweb&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=p&utm_campaign=sig]Are these affiliates stealing from you?[/URL]

contacted manually.

If you do want to do it self-hosted, you might look at idevaffiliate.
    [URL=http://themoneyforums.com]The Money Forums[/URL]

Thanks for the suggestions on Shareasale I have used them in the past. However, now I want self hosted.

I found another company with a self-hosted option - allaffiliatepro, but their phone also doesn't work and am waiting for a reply to an email.

I think your inability to contact companies should be telling you something.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Sorry, don't mean to hijack this, but perhaps a solution for the OP.

What does anyone think about myreferer.com? Not really a hosted solution but seems to be a hybrid of a network and hosted solution.

I did a search for them on here a few days ago and didn't find anything recent.

I have not yet used any of these - it's just a list of those I have come across

-----------

* My Affiliate Program - very popular, newly updated. Premier Affiliate Tracking & Management System. From $2495 plus monthly fees. Your program will be listed in the Kolimbo Open Network

* Affiliate Clicks - from the makers of My Affiliate Program, but less expensive. From $1500 setup + $300/mo.

* DirectTrack - merchant version for $995 plus $50 per month. Network version (yep, run your own network, compete with CJ etc) starts at $4995. Aussie network Sitelink (now defunct) & US network oneNetwork use/used DirectTrack

* MyReferer - MyReferer is a 100% hosted solution. You will not need to install any software on your site. $195 to set up, monthly fees from $30. Free 10-day trial

* iDevDirect - powerful, customisable self managed affiliate software for only $100. Online demo

* AffiliateTracker - appears to be quite basic, but often that's all you need. $AU297 (your server) or $AU45 per month (their server). 30-day money back guarantee. Aussie owned.

* AlstraSoft Affiliate Network Pro - network version only (but can be used by a single merchant) as used by ClickBooth & MaxBounty, can integrate with virtually any types of shopping cart/payment gateways as well as membership management systems. Multiple currency support. $390 Online demo

* Groundbreak Ultimate Affiliate - very popular software. It isn't fancy, but simple is often best. Very well built and easy to use. $200 Online demo

* Partners Manager - personal license $1100, network license $3000. Online demo (not sure if anyone still uses this software...)

* KickStartCart - $79 monthly, $799 annually, part of a complete system, with merchant account, shopping cart & marketing tools. 30-day test drive

* YourSoft - basic (but sometimes that is all you need). Software costs $59 incl. installation, or they will host it for $10/mo.

* Post Affiliate Pro 3 - award-winning. Uses cookies and IP addresses, on special at $99

* JROX Affiliate Manager - free version (limited to 50 affiliates). License (unlimited affiliates) costs $250. Online demo
    [URL=http://ProxyGrader.com]ProxyGrader.com[/URL]
    How anonymous is your proxy?

Got a phone call back from allaffiliatepro, the person I spoke to seemed fairly sharp and knew what I was looking for. He may just be a good salesman but he gave me a lot of confidence in their product.

Had a good recommendation on Post Affiliate Pro 3 but their software seems limited and I am not sure they can do some of the things I need. I will look into them more. The price is right, but then maybe it seems a bit too cheap...

idevaffiliate - Dr. Mike, I will also look into this one today.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

* DirectTrack - merchant version for $995 plus $50 per month. Network version (yep, run your own network, compete with CJ etc) starts at $4995. Aussie network Sitelink (now defunct) & US network oneNetwork use/used DirectTrack
    I really like directtrack as a hosted service because of their direct link technology, I contacted them for prices (had to really push to get them to give me a price list) and the start up fee for their most basic service was $1995 and monthly fees with direct link tracking would come to about $250/mo.

I am sure they are a great service, but that is a bit steep for a start-up website.

Did you say startup website? Hmm maybe it's better you startup first.

It's easier to convince affiliates to work with you when you can provide conversion data and you can justify their time and money is worth it.
    [URL=http://www.typoassassin.com/?utm_source=abestweb&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=p&utm_campaign=sig]Are these affiliates stealing from you?[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by enginez
    * AlstraSoft Affiliate Network Pro - network version only (but can be used by a single merchant) as used by ClickBooth & MaxBounty.....
    Just a heads up that MaxBounty's network software is proprietary and not purchased from a third party.
    [font=verdana][b][size=3][color=red]Are you familiar with [URL]MaxBounty.com[/URL] yet?[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=verdana][b][size=1][color=black]
    Over 120 merchants with CPA/CPS programs seeking affiliates
    Over 4500 network publishers seeking programs to advertise
    Earn $100 per merchant and 5% per affiliate on the second tier [/b][/color][/size][/font]

Got a phone call back from allaffiliatepro, the person I spoke to seemed fairly sharp and knew what I was looking for. He may just be a good salesman but he gave me a lot of confidence in their product.

Had a good recommendation on Post Affiliate Pro 3 but their software seems limited and I am not sure they can do some of the things I need. I will look into them more. The price is right, but then maybe it seems a bit too cheap...

idevaffiliate - Dr. Mike, I will also look into this one today.

Thanks for all the help everyone!
    so which self-hosted affiliate solution did you go with? and did you test idev and if so what u think? im interested as im in a similar situation. thanks!

I use idevaffiliate and affiliate whiz, but since whiz is out I can comment on idev:

Idev is easy to use plain jane, but I think it could use more information when it comes to affiliate tracking.

I don't have join dates only the order in which they register for the program.

I have had problems coming up with a shopping cart solution for affiliates (But I'm hoping to have that solved over the next few weeks)

The Product Group Breakdown is also not well sorted, so you have to look extra hard from a management standpoint.

There are features and functionality that can be ported in, but for just the basic download it could be more user friendly.

Is anyone using Affiliate Network Pro? I'd like to talk with someone who is. We are looking at using.

From an affiliate publisher viewpoint...

I would not consider joining a new program (one without a track record) if they were launching as an "indie." I want the "resources" of a known network, such as ShareASale, before I put in any effort at promoting - anything. My feeling is that if they cannot afford the few hundred bucks for professional management in the realm of tracking and payments, then I cannot afford the time to even investigate the offering.

Don't get me wrong. I've got nothing against indies. My three largest merchants (not counting Amazon) have independent affiliate programs (two of them also have network programs). All three are multi-million dollar merchants with well-recognized names. It's just that I can't/won't put a start-up in the same category. Sorry.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Mande - I suggest you start a new thread as that's going a bit off topic from the OP.

Great thread. I'm surprised that there doesn't seem to be any concensus here, though. Sounds like there's no clear winner. Or is it that most of ABestWeb's contributors are affiliates rather than merchants? Anyway, I'm on both sides of the table (affiliate and merchant), and I'm currently evaluating iDevAffiliate, so I'll give my 2 cents on that as soon as I have an opinion.

Thanks!

clickink
    hi ,

clickinc.com seems to have some very advanced features...anyone here used them ?

I know this is an old thread.....While I know many on ABW do not like iDev affiliate, I have been using it for some time....and, am very pleased.

Jim
    [URL=http://www.moonshadowsfarm.com]MoonShadows Farm Country Store[/URL]
    Business Opportunities - 4 Ways to Make Money
    Affiliate, Drop Ship, Wholesale & Associate Downline

Regarding clickinc, one has to wonder what "Trulink to increase SEO tanking" means...
    [URL=http://ProxyGrader.com]ProxyGrader.com[/URL]
    How anonymous is your proxy?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast