Isn't Amazon's maximum commision payout pegged at $10 or have they changed this?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    No change that I know of...

There is no knowledge that is not power.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

They did drop the $10 per sale limit, replaced with some more complex rules

Its Ginger!

Thank you. I have been waiting to see one.

Somebody in Pennsylvania (I think) already fell off one and is suing.

Wired had an article where they were researching replacing the wheels with legs to mimic an insect.

That will be a sight....

Doc

"There comes a time in the affairs of a man when he has to take the bull by the tail and face the situation."
    - W C Fields (Tille and Gus)

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Affiliates will only get 12.38 for any Segways they sell.

Here is a post from the Amazon announcement board.

Quoted from Amazon:
    "Let me apologize for any confusion regarding referral fees earned on sales of the Segway. This is a Marketplace item that pays out
    at 2.5%. However, since we are only collecting $495, we only pay out on that piece. This means you will earn $12.38 in referral fees."

Wish it were the big bucks. That is for sure! 12.38 is hardly worth it.

~Michelle

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ~Michelle:
    Quoted from Amazon:
    This is a Marketplace item that pays out at 2.5%. However, since we are only collecting $495, we only pay out on that piece.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

While one wouldn't expect more than that at the outset, it does seem somewhat unfair to not pay the 2.5% on the balance when it ships, it's not like they don't know who it was that referred the sale.

ABW Ambassador
    Customers pre-order CD's and DVD and affiliates get paid the full amount when they ship!

But not on a big ticket item huh.

As usual, the deck is stacked. I find the non consistent policy here less than amusing.

Darnit! When I saw "transporter" I thought it transported you to another dimension.

Of course if it did, then it would cost more than four-odd grand. And since it's Amazon marketplace, the commission would still suck. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

J

ABW Ambassador
    I think the difference is that, as amazon says, they only COLLECT the $495.. the rest gets collected by Segway or someone else. At least that is how I understood it when I bought my 5 for my family.

--
    ...only in the affiliates interest...
    The Newer Nicer Joseph [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Wired had an article where they were researching replacing the wheels with legs to mimic an insect <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd like to see the small print on the pre-order... "product may feature spider legs" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I saw Bezos on GMA the other day pushing this and immediately thought about the comms but had little to no hope of anything above the $10 threshold, thanks for confirming it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

I sell one item through Amazon Marketplace. They collect the payment, and charge me 99 cents plus 15% of the price for doing so.

If all Amazon is collecting is the $495, then they are earning $74.25 per sale. However, if they're collecting a commission the total sales price, they're earning $742.50 per sale. Of course they may have made a special arrangement with this merchant.

What I don't understand is on books Amazon collects $3.49 for shipping, but only pays the seller $2.26. I'm the one who has to buy the packaging, wrap it up, and tote it to the post office. Why do they get the extra $1.23? I wonder how much they're collecting on shipping for this item and how much they actually giving the seller?

---
    Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

I've been following the whole human transporter phenomenon since the early days, when it was the "invention of the century!"

Very interesting little machine. Personally, I'm hoping Segway sells (and markets) the pants off of the thing. It's great for the whole electric mobility industry... and who wants to rely on dirty old gasoline forever anyway.

Frank
    UrbanScooters.com
    UrbanScooters.com Affiliate Program

I hope it doesn't go the way of the Sinclair C5 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I cant wait to race on on my $15 BICYCLE! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread