Thread: where did all the shed sales go...

where did all the shed sales go...
    Am I the only one who is driving tons of traffic to a Betty site and getting no conversions...

May, in the prevoius years has been my best month for sheds... but this month despite getting 8600+ impressions.. and a 12% CTR I have 2 count'em 2 small sales... a bit more then enough to get a check(these stats are according to BM in the backoffice my unique visitor count is above normal)

Where did all the shed sales go.... March was great month... April was lack-luster... and May... well it just plain SUCKS!!!!!!!!

For the record I'm not complaining... about Betty... overall I am a very happy camper... right now I am a very confused and befuddled camper...

any feedback from other Betty affiliates would be most helpful..

The company line just isnt enough to get a good nites sleep on... seeing how shed season is almost over...

BTW>> I hate those posts... like... Exciting Weekend Sales!!!
    I know the purpose is to motivate... all they do for me is frustrate and confuse..

I tried PPC... it was a disaster... lost a pile... (now before someone trys to tell me I dont know PPC... I earn 40% of my income via PPC in a tougher niche then sheds)

like I said before what do you think???

JOe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

In terms of our Shed business as a whole, I just took a peek at the last 4 weeks of Shed sales for Betty Mills, and out of the last 104 weeks (2 years) that I just ran the report for, the last 4 weeks were our biggest shed weeks in the company's history- and by a pretty significant amount.

Clearly the season is in full swing right now, and the season runs all the way through to October with August generally our best month.

All that being said, it doesn't speak to the complaint I hear about poor conversions.

Joe, 2 sales on 1,032 clicks is very low as I compare it to our internal conversion rate (on PPC), so something is not right with the traffic you're getting.

These are big ticket items, and it can take a few days for a consumer to make the final purchase, so its possible some of the sales lag behind the clicks- but still, conversion results should be better than what you are seeing.

If anyone has any comments please jump in.

Feel free to email us or PT us with your websites and we can have a look and see if we notice anything.
    Victor Hanna, The BettyMills Company
    Home of Snack Rewards and the Double Markdown!
    Affiliate Login: http://www.GetBetty.com
    Signup Page: https://getbetty.com/affiliate_signup.aspx
    Home Page BettyMills.com

thanks for your offer...

what has me confused is my google and yahoo traffic is up... but I'm not getting conversions....

I have in the past I if I sent my visitors to betty I converted in the 6-8% range for with my shed site..... this month I'm less then .05%

joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Just as a thought. Have affiliate shed sales in the last 2 months been consistent with previous month's / year's data? If there has been a sharp drop then maybe that may point to some sort of technical problem, maybe in the reporting or tracking.

If they are consistent with previous trends then I guess it is back to the drawing board. Maybe try and analyze the type of traffic being sent?

5. Newsletter Signup