First payment
    I have searched this forum looking for an answer to my problem with first payment from CJ; it was a thread in December 2005 by Glinted with situation close to mine, however in that case it turned out that the problem was in tax form... I submitted my tax form to CJ long ago, so...

I am a publisher from Germany, and my payment method with CJ is direct deposit. My commissions are closed, they are over minimum threshold, my balance dropped on May 16 and in Transaction Reports in CJ account manager and I can see the amount to be paid in brackets in "Publisher Payments" fields. However my Payment Status still shows N/A for last payment It's nothing there accept my bank info.

I contacted CJ support and was advised that "All new publishers go through a check approval process. As a result, the check processing for new publishers takes a little longer than checks for publishers that have an established account with Commission Junction. If you have not received an initial payment from Commission Junction, your first payment could be delayed until the following billing cycle while our Network Quality group reviews your account to make sure your practices are in accordance with the Publisher Service Agreement and Code of Conduct."

Has anyone experienced that? Does it mean that I may be paid only in the end of June? And one more question, if I have direct deposit as payment method, will I get the first payment directly in bank or first time the will mail check for some verification like Linkshare does?

Sorry if this question might have been answered somewhere in the forum, before, but I haven't found the clue

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

ABW Ambassador
    See post #30 at http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=89880&page=2 That is the first time I've heard of this. I can't answer your question as to whether your first payment will be by check or direct deposit. I would just respond to CJ's answer and ask them.

Thanks for the response!

I responded the CJ's answer and asked them if the first payment would be by check or direct deposit of course. But I am sure you know how difficult to get an answer from CJ to the question YOU ASK them. They will copy and send you snippets of their Help (that you have already read 20 times!) sometimes absolutely irrelevant to the question you ask, just mentioning one word from your query... It was like that this time again... So I though perhaps someone from this forum got first payment recently and remembers how it was...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by webaurora
    Has anyone experienced that? Does it mean that I may be paid only in the end of June? And one more question, if I have direct deposit as payment method, will I get the first payment directly in bank or first time the will mail check for some verification like Linkshare does?
    I knew about the first payments delay, but never heard about 30, 60 days delays - the other cases normally it takes 1 week more.

I understand that the next cycle is a max deadline.
    [URL="tinyurl.com/p4wpj"]Orkut [COLOR="Red"]AdWords [/COLOR]Community[/URL] | [URL="tinyurl.com/hphom"]Orkut [COLOR="Red"]Commission Junction [/COLOR]Community[/URL] | [URL="http://tinyurl.com/nh6fc"]Orkut [COLOR="Red"]AdSense[/COLOR] Community[/URL]

Your first payment is usually delayed at least one pay period as Network Quality reviews your account. NQ will check your traffic, and look things over to help prevent fraud.

I haven't heard of them delaying longer than that unless there is a problem. So what they said to you is correct. Even a lot of USA publishers have to go through the exact same process. It is not unusual at all.

If, though you are two pay periods behind then I would contact them and verify everything is okay. You don't always get notified there is an issue or get the e-mails they claim have been sent.

IME.

ABW Ambassador
    CJ needs to update their Help section. There is no mention of a delay in payment for new publishers.

Payment for New Publishers
    Checks are processed beginning on the 20th of every month for the previous month's balance. This means that after a withdrawal is made to process a check, the money which has been earned during the current month will remain in the account.

In other words, if you earn no less than your minimum payment amount (as listed below) in November, you will be paid that amount at the end of December. After the payment for November is withdrawn you will still see money in your account, (i.e., whatever money you earned during the month of December).

Minimum Payment Amounts by Currency
    USD: $25.00

CAD: $35.00

EUR: 25.00

GBP: 16.00

SEK: 185.00

New publishers will not receive a commission check until the month after they join Commission Junction. Look at the following examples:

Scenario #1
    Publisher joins Commission Junction on December 18th.

Publisher earns no less than the minimum payment amount (as defined above) from December 18th-31st.

Publisher will receive commission check at the end of January.

Scenario #2
    Publisher joins Commission Junction on December 18th.

Publisher earns less than the minimum payment amount (as defined above) from December 18th-31st.

Publisher earns in excess of the minimum payment amount from January 1st -31st.

Publisher will receive commission check at the end of February.

Thanks everyone for your replies! I will post updates about this issue when I have any news!

Oho-ho-ho! Here comes an update already! Now Last Payment in payment status in my CJ account manager says that the commissions were sent today! Don't know if my communication with CJ support anticipated the payment... So in my case the delay in first payment was just a few days (a note for new publishers).

ABW Ambassador
    That's great. Is it by direct deposit or a check?

Direct deposit I guess. Payment History says:

Method: ???en.global.text.financialinstrument.DE_DEPOSIT???

At the same time it mentions some Check Number in the next column: XXXXXX000000-000.

I suppose the latter is just some tracking number, and DE_DEPOSIT in payment method states for direct deposit to Germany. Or I may be mistaken?

ABW Ambassador
    I suspect you're right. On the Payment Status screen, under Payment Details, Payment Method and Bank Name should be listed.

Yes, you are right, they are there. My Bank info and Direct Deposit as payment method are there since signing up for CJ account, this data was there even when Last Payment was still N/A. So everything looks good and optimistic!
    I will let you know when the payment arrives!

Thanks to everyone and especially Snowman!

Amazing!! The payment has already shown up on my account in Germany! Next day after it was sent from CJ! It's going to be a big party this weekend

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread