NCAA Div I Men's LAX Championships
    Nothing beats a lazy memorial day weekend sitting back and watching grown men beat the crap out of each other.

For those that are looking for something exciting and different to watch this weekend, be sure to check in on the div I men's lacrosse action (http://www.ncaasports.com/lacrosse/mens).

Semi's start on Saturday at 12:00 Johns Hopkins v. Delaware then Duke v. Cornell at 2:30 and you can catch all the action of America's fastest growing sport on ESPN 2.

The winners go on to play each other Monday at 1:00 on ESPN.

That's what I'm talkin' about...

Outsourced Program Manager
    I saw this thread title and had to do a double take! I thought maybe I was on the wrong forum....lacrosse at ABW, I love it! I will be watching intently this weekend, for sure. This is actually my favorite weekend of the year. The Championships were here in Philly for the last two years and I still sat right on my couch and watched, rather than wrestling with the huge crowds. It's perfect.

I'm pulling for the cinderella story, Delaware and Cornell (although it would be nice to see Duke win it all). The DVR is all set!!
    [B]Mike Tabasso,[/B] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Gen3 Marketing[/COLOR]
    E:mtabasso (at) Gen3Marketing (dot) com | P: 215.646.1869 | AIM: miketabasso
    <a href="http://www.gen3marketing.com" target="_blank">Gen3Marketing.com</a>

Yeah I hear ya on the Duke thing...they could use the break. I saw the JH v. ND game on re-run..what an ending..I wished I had seen the Georgetown v. Princeton game tho, but JH blew G'town out in the 2nd half. Cornell to win it all would be very cool.

Affiliate Manager
    I'll be there...15 years straight and running.

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    Watch out for Martin Cahill, Delaware Freshman Middie. He is my best friends cousin. One of the quickest releases you will see.

LETS GO HEN'S!!!!
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

and there you have it..Johns Hopkins over Duke in a thriller to the last second!!

A few of us formed an non-profit organization to help bring Lacrosse to NYC schools so we held an alumni game (I'll post pics as soon as I get them) in memory of one of our coaches who passed away last year and raised over $4,200.00 on Saturday. My coach Mr. George Baron (inducted into the National Lacrosse Hall of Fame in 1988) was in attendance (see crapy TREO Pic) at the festivities and even coached the alumni team even though he throughly missed not being at the championships he said we did a marvelous job.

I actually just acquired (literally minutes ago) JLAX.com so watch for a new Lacrosse orientated site coming soon!

As for the game, what a heart breaker for DUKE, I really wanted them to win.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

That's really really good stuff and one heck of a number that you made from a single day event! As an FYI, US Lacrosse has a program that can be applied to for equipment grants. A team that I helped with last year was successful in obtaining close to $10K worth of gear (http://www.uslacrosse.org/programs/n...tprogram.phtml). They like to see the sport introduced as a boys and girls thing and when the mayor of the city added his letter of support, it was a done deal. If you're interested in seeing a copy of our submission, let me know and I can see about getting that info released to you.

Outsourced Program Manager
    What an exciting weekend of lacrosse! Unfortunately, of 3 games played, I wanted every single one of them to turn out differently! I had hoped to see Delaware upset Hopkins....I have several friends on the UD team. I REALLY hoped to see Cornell beat Duke....I coached Cornell's Goalie in High School many years ago and he was voted the best Goalie in the country this year...he's a great kid. Finally, once Duke beat Cornell I wanted to see them win it all after everything they've been through.

No luck! The Duke semi final and final games were the most amazing games I've seen in a long time.

Haiko, as I've mentioned in the past, if you ever want some assistance with the lacrosse fundraising, give me a holler. I may be able to help.
    [B]Mike Tabasso,[/B] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Gen3 Marketing[/COLOR]
    E:mtabasso (at) Gen3Marketing (dot) com | P: 215.646.1869 | AIM: miketabasso
    <a href="http://www.gen3marketing.com" target="_blank">Gen3Marketing.com</a>

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    The Johns Hopkins vs. Duke final was a good one. I was definetly pulling for the Dukies after everything those kids have had to go through. What an amazing thing it was for them to get to the national championship game after one of the hardest years of most of their lives. I take my hat off to the coach of Duke and the senior leaders on the team for getting them through the tough times.

Lax Final four in Boston(well Foxborough in Gillette stadium where the pats play) next yeat, you better believe I already have my ticket!
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

Yeah but that Cornell Duke semi-finals game was a mind blower. I was screaming and yelling at the TV the whole 4th quarter and when Cornell tied it up with 17 secs to go I was freaking out...3 secs to go and Duke pops it in to win -- unbelievable!! But, I have to ask...isn't the timekeeper supposed to start the clock *after* the ref yells possession on the face-off? It seemed to me that they kept starting the clock at the whistle on face-offs and those are precious seconds....
    Last edited by 1av8r; May 30th, 2007 at 12:25 PM. Reason: clarification

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread