Affiliate Manager
    Link Building Question
    I'm not sure where to post this question, but here seems as suitable a place as any:

In link building, does the amount of low quality links to your site negatively affect your page rank, if the amount of high quality links remains the same?

Quote Originally Posted by JessLutoff
    I'm not sure where to post this question, but here seems as suitable a place as any:

In link building, does the amount of low quality links to your site negatively affect your page rank, if the amount of high quality links remains the same?
    Hi Jess,

Im originally from Ma. Living in Philippines now.

but anyways, low PR backlinks will not bring down a page's PR.

Every link counts for something.

Bompa

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks for the info!

Where abouts in MA? I always think people from Massachusetts feel a connection more than other regions. Maybe I'm biased. Or maybe it's those Red Sox.

And if you don't mind me asking, how did you end up in the Philippines? That sounds exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by JessLutoff
    In link building, does the amount of low quality links to your site negatively affect your page rank
    No, they don't. You can't be responsible for people linking to your site even if they link form bad resources.

The other question would be, do they help? I think that sticking to a-few-qulaity-links strategy is much more effective than trying to get links from everywhere.

Will they bring you down, no.

That being said, there is such a thing in SEO as "bad neighborhoods", meaning that getting links from certain places will be detrimental to your rankings.

My experience has shown that the more trust a site has, the less it matters what the new types of links are that are flowing in.

I would concentrate more on a few, high quality links that pass on trust rank as opposed to a few thousand directory type links.

As an example, the $299 you spend to get included in Yahoo! is well worth it, not for the directory itself, but for the tremendous amount of trust it passes on to the domain..

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread