Going Camping this Weekend?
    ABW Camping Trivia

Believe it or not, a particular color attracts mosquitoes - it is: a) green, b) silver, c) red, d) yellow, e) purple, f) blue, g) pink?

Where are "cardinal points" found?

Give the location of the "starboard" side of a canoe.

How far should your water source be from your latrine?

You are aimlessly wandering through the forest, secretly missing city life and angry at the trees. Suddenly, you encounter the "monarch of the forest!" What animal is this? (hint: Alan Ameritrust knows this one)

Riddle me this, camper: What is a "dingle stick" used for?

True or False: Contrary to what you might think, eggs keep quite well on a camping trip.

True or False: Dirty, smelly tube-socks increase the chance of blisters.

The black bear has: a) a black nose, b) a brown nose, c) a gray nose, d) an orange nose, e) a polka-dot nose?

You see a flash of lightning and count to ten before hearing thunder, how far away is the storm?

What does "GORP" stand for?

If you are attacked by a bear, you should: a) pretend you’re sleeping, b) actually fall asleep, c) play dead, b) run in a zigzag pattern, c) climb a tree, d) attack! e) surrender?
    Last edited by Danny K; May 24th, 2007 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Tease Alan
    Danny K. - Network Administrator, Digital River- oneNetworkDirect.com, Email: dkautt@digitalriver.com

Highlight (swipe) underneath the questions to see the answers better.

Believe it or not, a particular color attracts mosquitoes - it is: a) green, b) silver, c) red, d) yellow, e) purple, f) blue, g) pink?
    A: Blue

A: on a compass

A: To the Right

A: At least 50 Yards

You are aimlessly wandering through the forest, secretly missing city life and angry at the trees. Suddenly, you encounter the "monarch of the forest!" What animal is this?
    A: An Elk

A: To hold a pot over a campfire

True or False: Contrary to what you might think, eggs keep quite well on a camping trip.
    A: True

A: True

The black bear has: a) a black nose, b) a brown nose, c) a gray nose, d) an orange nose, e) a polka-dot nose?
    A: Brown

You see a flash of lightning and count to ten before hearing thunder, how far away is the storm?
    A: 2 miles away

A: Good Old Raisins and Peanuts

If you are attacked by a bear, you should: a) pretend you’re sleeping, b) actually fall asleep, c) play dead, b) run in a zigzag pattern, c) climb a tree, d) attack! e) surrender?
    A: Play dead - curl in a ball and lock your hands behind your head.

source : worldpath.net/~hiker/trivia.htm (no idea who)
    We did this at work during the monthly "picnic lunch". This month the theme was camping. But it rained; So, we were stuck inside. (Isn't that appropiate?)

We counted off into 5 groups and had to answer the questions. Then we shared our answers and the winners got a prize. My team lost in case you're wondering.

It made for some good laughs.
    Danny K. - Network Administrator, Digital River- oneNetworkDirect.com, Email: dkautt@digitalriver.com

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I'd flat out die in the wilderness ... only got 2 correct answers.

Give me a 5 ***** hotel any day. I'll leave the woods to the bears and elk.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Ride It Like You Stole It CowgirlUp's Avatar
    I only got two right, the compass and black bear ones. Hmmmm, maybe I should reconsider camping this weekend. lol
    Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Awesome Danny,

Got three right, but the third was a guess. Thought I had the Monarch one right though. I was thinking of the Monarch butterfly, oh well.

Cheers

Great quiz, just to add to your mosquito question, mosquitoes are also attracted by the sent of urea too
    Jamie
    Affiliate Manager
    Share Results Affiliate Network
    Join the Share Results Affiliate Network today! [URL=http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php]http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php [/URL]
    e. jamie@shareresults.com
    t. 514-849-8595
    www.shareresults.com

I wish people would love everybody else the way they love me. It would be a better world. - Muhammad Ali

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    A "dingle stick"?!?

Glad you liked it. Thanks for giving it a try.

Have a fun and safe Holiday weekend ABWers.

Sincere thank you to all the men and women who have served for our country.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny K
    ABW Camping Trivia

Come on dude, no one knows that! You can at least offer a hint DK!

It's when St. Louis wins a big series against the Cubs. Heck, everybody knows that one!!

It's the side where the roof on the canoe doesn't block your view of the sky.

It should be IN the latrine. A dry latrine can be a real mess after a good chili and corn on the cob dinner.

You are aimlessly wandering through the forest, secretly missing city life and angry at the trees. Suddenly, you encounter the "monarch of the forest!" What animal is this? (hint: Alan Ameritrust knows this one)

hehehe... hint, it's not a rhino

you really need to find a girlfriend Danny!!

first you need to know what I think, then we'll see if it's contrary to my thought.

Only if the smell is coming from an open wound that was caused when you failed to check the safety and blew a hole in your foot, then failed to change socks.

10,000 yards, but there can be an exception. If you are wearing a noise cancelling Clark or Bose head set. In that case, it might be that you never started the count. You're laying unconscientious in the field imitating "Powder".

I believe he's the one who opposes abortion, supports the war on terror, lower healthcare costs, no soft money, 2nd amendment rights, hates Steven Moore. I get confused with sorting out who stands for what when there are already something like 3,000 candidates.

none of the above. You should know where you keep a change of underwear
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn - ShareASale
    A "dingle stick"?!?
    Of all the question choices CT, it had to be YOU!! You are incorrigible...
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Judging from the amount of mosquito bites I get when I go outside, it's pink.

On a cardinal.

Right. You know how I remember this? Port and Left both have 4 letters. Therefore, starboard is the opposite of left.

As far as possible.

If IIIIIIIIIII were monarch of the forrrrrreeeeeeeest (sorry, Wizard of Oz moment)

For dingling... Duh!

Considering birds lay their eggs up in trees n' such, I can believe that.

Dirt and feet don't do well together for long, so I'd say true.

Brown. And a brown bear has a black nose, right?

Far enough not to get hit by the lightning.

It means I just ate Mexican food again tonight. Mmmmm. I love it, but my tummy doesn't.

You forgot f) scream like a schoolgirl and wet yourself.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Welcome Back campers.

Thanks for the great answers.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread