ABW Ambassador
    Thumbs down Offline but "Auto Deposit"?
    I get an email from "Hobbyestore" today with news of updates etc so I then thought "that's good,I will now update some of their links". So I spend 20 minutes updating things and then I browse to the Invalid Links page and there are a number of instances of them there. So I thought maybe they were off line for a day but are now on and they have sent the email out so everyone can be aware they are no longer offline. Unfortunately I then checked and they are offline. I also see that on the merchant page that they are listed as Auto Deposit? Well I don't have any particular interest in this merchant but there seems to be a fault in the system here as they were able to send out email to us plus have their links still in the promotion feeds.

Well I have now destroyed all links to this merchant for now at least. This was just a complete waste of time. I will now have to double check any merchants who send me email or newsletters as they are also probably deactivated.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    I get an email from "Hobbyestore" today with news of updates etc s

Unfortunately I then checked and they are offline.
    I got the same email and wrote them back telling them I thought it was ludicrous that they would ask me to put up links while they're off line.

I ripped them a few months ago when they went off line and haven't put them back. They went off line yet again and now have the nerve to ask us to put their links up with no money in their account to cover sales. Don't think so. This is another instance of a merchant in desperate need of an OPM!

I just found another merchant who recently dropped their OPM who is off line yet also on auto deposit. Just sent them an email asking if they planned to increase their auto deposit amount and if the program was going to be actively managed again.

Merchants, if you don't play with a full deck, how can you expect us to play with you?!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    I thought the whole idea with Auto Deposit was that they would always have money in their account, well it looks like I was wrong. I have been only joining merchants that are on Auto deposit, foolishly thinking that they would never go offline which is dreaded by all affiliates I'm sure.

Well I will now have to keep a close eye on the "Invalid Links" page and as soon as any merchants shows up on it then it's goodbye to that merchant for good and I strongly advise any other affiliates who care about their business to do the same and stand up to these merchant managers who think they can take advantage of us.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    I thought the whole idea with Auto Deposit was that they would always have money in their account, well it looks like I was wrong. I have been only joining merchants that are on Auto deposit, foolishly thinking that they would never go offline which is dreaded by all affiliates I'm sure.

Well I will now have to keep a close eye on the "Invalid Links" page and as soon as any merchants shows up on it then it's goodbye to that merchant for good and I strongly advise any other affiliates who care about their business to do the same and stand up to these merchant managers who think they can take advantage of us.
    Auto deposit isn't a guarantee that they won't go off line but it helps and at the least shows they're more serious about their program.

And for the record ... I think the merchants who go off line are mostly not managed. A good OPM will be on top of it as soon as it shows low funds.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    I agree with Glinted that we have to watch out the merchants status very close ourselves. I learned this in a very hard way.

Can't belive merchants will still send out promotion emails after offline. I hope they did it by mistake, otherwise, they've gone too far.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    I agree folks, spending time adding links only be wasted on a merchant that sends an email to get active but has no idea they are also on low funds is crazy.

Shareasale has over 2k merchants and I am sure not all of them either know what todo, have the time or maybe just don't care. There are over 2k merchants on SAS and about less than 20 OPMs (consultants) around the world, so that would leave just about 100 merchants to contact and consult for each one. Not going to happen that quick. LOL

Don't drop those merchants or kill the links yet, send them more info on how to do it first and see what happens. To help you/them I added some more auto deposit info here.

Anyone that wants to just send that info direct to a merchant by email feel free to copy that content I posted and send it direct, what ever works.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Rexanne, you nailed it, as usual. They need an OPM badly.

Just starting out here, some of my merchants have shown low funds and I check their online history. Usually it shows a record of going low and then adding funds so I'm not about to go and remove links and pages every time I see "Low Funds". I realize that at this time of year some folks are vacationing so it could be days before they attend to the problem. I guess I have been giving too much credit to the merchants though, and to SAS as well because I joined a merchant yesterday, put up just a few links last night even though it showed them as offline (not shown until I joined). I only have a few links to remove in this case but today when I checked the online history it shows them as offline since April 5th(!). Why are they still listed?

I will certainly be much more careful in the future, it isn't the best way to learn, but it is effective. :O

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread