Just found popshops!
    All I can say is WOW! This is very cool and seems very easy to use. Although it seems easy to use, it is a bit overwhelming at first. Can somebody show a few stores that are running popshops?

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    It is sweet, isn't it? And great folks working on it too. Here's a site template we did for our affiliates in the Engravable Gift Collection program: ABW post
    best,
    Carolyn
    ShareASale Client Services
    Y!: SAS_CTang
    e: ctang(at)shareasale.com

Thanks for the link!
    So, the "site" is just a one page lander and all other links jump to the actual store. If you wanted to keep a visitor on the site you would then need to make up additional one page landers as the category pages - correct?

Can the category pages be more than one page each? i.e. show 8 product on page one, 8 more on page two, etc? or it that another pop page just relabled and manually linked?

Is there a fear of losing the visitor if they leave your site on every click?

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    Hi dnavenue,

I think the ideal use of PopShops is a merchandising tool on your site. To contextually up sell items in a way that is relevant to your audience. It is good for customers to click through to the merchant, but ideally you want them to also remember your affiliate site as a useful resource.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn - ShareASale
    It is sweet, isn't it? And great folks working on it too. Here's a site template we did for our affiliates in the Engravable Gift Collection program: ABW post
    Thanks for posting the example Carolyn
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dnavenue

Can the category pages be more than one page each? i.e. show 8 product on page one, 8 more on page two, etc? or it that another pop page just relabled and manually linked?
    You can specify how many columns and rows you want in the shop you're creating. Top right in the shop page.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Is there a fear of losing the visitor if they leave your site on every click?

Nope :-) Links open in a new window!

A BIG BIG thank you to Carolyn who told me about PopShops. This program is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Djambazov
    Hi dnavenue,

I think the ideal use of PopShops is a merchandising tool on your site. To contextually up sell items in a way that is relevant to your audience. It is good for customers to click through to the merchant, but ideally you want them to also remember your affiliate site as a useful resource.
    I'm sort of understanding the niche as I keep playing with it and considering. I get the feeling that it is most beneficial in a directory/resource, toplist, blog, or product specific (i.e. CrystalFlipFlop.com where there isn't a huge number of different product categories) format vs. a full blown store front. Agree/Disagree?

I have quite a few "keyword"supply.com domains where I think this might work very well with. Just need to find the right site format.

Quote Originally Posted by dnavenue
    I get the feeling that it is most beneficial in a directory/resource, toplist, blog, or product specific (i.e. CrystalFlipFlop.com where there isn't a huge number of different product categories) format vs. a full blown store front. Agree/Disagree?
    Disagree
    In the current configuration, creating a large storefront with category drill downs that display mixed merchant, category specific products is possible; you just need to consider layout as you are building each showcase.

For example, let's say you were building a book site. You could just build out a single showcase for fiction or create a layout like this using multiple showcases:

>Fiction Category Page (display product upsells on the page) then set up links to the followin SubCategory Pages
    • Mystery Showcase
    • Sci-Fi Showcase
    • Fantasy Showcase
    • General Fiction Showcase
    • Romance Showcase
    • Horror Showcase

We are currently developing more advanced features to track/organize such layouts as I described, but you can create them now.

Using the previous example, you could then also build out an "Recommended Fiction Author's We Like" showcase. The idea is building out a larger site and using our ability to quickly display contextually appropriate products to help you create appropriate pages.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread