Sorry, could not resist, but there were some really great flame wars this year and surprised we don't see a nomination for those.

Okay, guess we should not nominate that. Maybe we could have a nomination for the best person at putting out flames. Hey, now that would be a really noble award!

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and a opportunity to teach someone else.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Ron,

I think the whole point of the awards is showcase and recognize all the good that is here at ABW. Trying to narrow down a nomination in each category just points out how much good there is here. Although flame wars may get lots of page views and participants (like rubber necking the scene of an accident), I don't find anything "great" about them. There's been many hurt feelings, and I can't see the benefit of potentially opening old wounds.

Now nominating someone who is good at putting out flames would indeed be noble and an example to other members. If you have someone in mind, why not nominate them in the "moderator" category, even if they aren't technically a mod? In a very true sense, someone like that is helping to moderate the board. JMO. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

I hope you realize I was just kidding about nominating someone for flaming post.

However, it is too bad we can't recongnize all those who did indeed put out many flames. No way to give one person top honors. There were many, many here who tried and all of you are thanked for your unrecognized efforts. You all know who you are. Thanks!

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and a opportunity to teach someone else.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread