Applying the 2nd time: advice?
    Hi,

What would you say to an affiliate who was rejected by an affiliate merchant program (it could be any program) and who decided to take steps in order to be approved the second time around?

What if the affiliate was improving his/her websites and building the sites with products from competitors of the AM who turned down the affiliate?
    Do you think the AM who turned the affiliate down would review the site again and take note of the improvements?

If there is significant improvement on the affiliate's site, do you think the chances of getting approved are better the second time around?

What if the affiliate isn't sure who runs the merchant's program?

One problem is that the application process with most of the 3rd party networks consists solely in "click to apply" on a basic level. This does not allow the affiliate to discuss future plans very well.
    How can the affiliate learn the name and e-mail address of a specific AM?

What advice would you give the affiliate?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    I cannot speak for all networks or Indy programs.

For linkshare, you apply once and if you are temp rejected, you can reapply in 30 days or so, that is if you remember to do so.

For my program, I usually temp reject as opposed to perm reject a person. In my email about why I rejected you, I will list some reasons and I will says that if I accidentally reject you or if you feel that I made an error, please do email or call me. Direct # and email add on the rejection letter. Hey, I am only human and I am not perfect. I always reconsider.

What if the affiliate was improving his/her websites and building the sites with products from competitors of the AM who turned down the affiliate?
    Do you think the AM who turned the affiliate down would review the site again and take note of the improvements?
    There is no right answer and IMHO, the answer would be it depends. If a program would get like 100-300 applications a day, it is very unlikely that the AM will remember your website that he/she rejected like 30 days ago. That is unless your website is very unique, something stood out, i.e. questable way traffic is generated, or you communicated with the AM.

If the program gets like 3 applications in a day, the likelyhood of the AM remembering your site is higher. That depends on whether the AM have a good memory or have a memory span of a gold fish (I was reading somewhere that they have a 3 seconds memory span)

To be honest, it is very unlikely that the AM will remember an application of an average affiliate if they have lots of affiliates.

If there is significant improvement on the affiliate's site, do you think the chances of getting approved are better the second time around?
    If the AM can remember, definately YES.

Communications is a tough one. Some AM are so elusive, it's easier to spot a Unicorn than to get an email address or tel #. I can't really help there and the last time I tried to help an affiliate contact another merchant, I got bashed. I think that affiliate woke up on the wrong side of the bed

Final thoughts for the nite, if you get rejected, be proactive and try to reach out to the AM. email, phone, corp website contact.
    If everything falls on a deaf ear, do you want to promote a merchant that is not responsive?
    If you really do cos of some reason or another, try posting on ABW as another affiliate, merchant or OPM might help.

I will go out on a limb and say, if you need help from me in any way, just shoot me an email eric.ewe /at/ WyndhamVO.com.

Have a great night

ABW Ambassador
    I recently was approved by several programs that rejected me six months ago.

Probably because I've made changes and additions to my site, which have increased traffic and sales.

Good luck to you!

What Eric said is right. I applied to a high profile program such as Expedia*. Got rejected. Can't reach anybody there

*Expedia, example only
    Ma, where the beer? :escape:

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread