View Poll Results: If the election were help today, who would you vote for?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Senator Joe Biden (D-DE)

0 0%
  • Senator Sam Brownback (R-KS)

0 0%
  • Senator Hillary Clinton (D-NY)

6 8.57%
  • Senator Christopher Dodd (D-CT)

1 1.43%
  • John Edwards (D-NC)

5 7.14%
  • Jim Gilmore (R-VA)

0 0%
  • Newt Gingrich (Unannounced R-GA)

2 2.86%
  • Rudolph Giuliani (R-NY)

9 12.86%
  • Mike Gravel (D-AK)

0 0%
  • Al Gore (Unannounced D-TN)

5 7.14%
  • Senator Chuck Hagel (Unannounced R/I - NE)

0 0%
  • Mike Huckabee (R-AR)

2 2.86%
  • Congressman Duncan Hunter (R-CA)

0 0%
  • Congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-OH)

3 4.29%
  • Senator John McCain (R-AZ)

4 5.71%
  • Senator Barack Obama (D-IL)

11 15.71%
  • George Pataki (Unannounced R-NY)

0 0%
  • Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX)

2 2.86%
  • Governor Bill Richardson (D-NM)

2 2.86%
  • Mitt Romney (R-MA)

5 7.14%
  • Congressman Tom Tancredo (R-CO)

0 0%
  • Fred Thompson (Unannounced R-TN)

8 11.43%
  • Tommy Thompson (R-WI)

0 0%
  • Green Party Candidate

2 2.86%
  • Libertarian Party Candidate

0 0%
  • Unity Party Candidate (likely Mike Bloomberg)

3 4.29%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    2008 ABW Presidential Poll
    Yeah I know it's early, but my curiosity got the better of me

If you want someone added, let me know
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Hmmmm for the time being my vote is not so private
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Okay, so can we violate all Constitutional restrictions and in the name of all that's sane and sensible vote for TWO candidates??

Trouble is, the two I would vote for if I could, probably neither one is going to be even close to getting the nomination, much less the presidency.

Ah, well. I've voted in every presidential election since 1968 (I've seen all of 'em since 1952, actually -- 1952 being the first I actually remember; 1948 being the first since I was alive), and I rarely get it right.

Rather, I should say, I ALWAYS GET IT RIGHT, but the rest of the American electorate hasn't often seen the light and agreed with me.

Gary the Writerguy

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    ...Rather, I should say, I ALWAYS GET IT RIGHT, but the rest of the American electorate hasn't often seen the light and agreed with me.
    My percentage of the electorate agreeing with me would be a lot higher if they actually counted the votes in Florida and Ohio.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy

Rather, I should say, I ALWAYS GET IT RIGHT, but the rest of the American electorate hasn't often seen the light and agreed with me.
    HAHA! My grandmother always used to say that the proper way to elect a president was to let the parties nominate them, then have the public narrow it down to two.

At that point, she should get to decide.

Hard to argue with her after she bought my car
    Matt McWilliams

Tax Paying Member
    A lot of people are on the list that probably mean well.........but.........
    not a lot of presidential material.

What do I know about it anyway,
    I thought William McKinley was a good guy.

Where are the poll watchers? Returns are comming in very slowly.
    Last edited by Witzer; May 26th, 2007 at 11:14 PM.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Internet Cowboy
    I didn't see Ross Perot on the list!!

He won't run, but I ed in Al Gore. I'm a registered R, but really I'm an independent.

Al Gore's work with the environment is more important that any work being done by any politician these days.

His mission is bigger than the presidancy.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Noth
    Al Gore's work with the environment is more important that any work being done by any politician these days.

His mission is bigger than the presidancy.
    I'm hoping he WILL run, and I really think there is a 50-50 chance he will.

The Presidency would give his mission so much more added credibility and the platform to influence change not only in the US but around the world.

Publicity for his new book and all of the TV appearances (Daily Show, Letterman, etc.) he's making these days are keeping him in the public eye, and you've go to believe that besides spreading his message on environmental issues, there's a bigger political plan involved.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

So far, 9 votes for Democrats and 8 votes for Republicans. It's much closer than many would like to believe.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I chose Bloomberg only because he cleaned up Guiliani's mess here in ny.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    So far, 9 votes for Democrats and 8 votes for Republicans. It's much closer than many would like to believe.
    The demographic of ABW may be skewing the results. I always thought there were a higher concentration of Republicans among businesspeople, while Democrats are traditionally the party of labor.

I'm not welded to that stereotype, though.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    The demographic of ABW may be skewing the results. I always thought there were a higher concentration of Republicans among businesspeople, while Democrats are traditionally the party of labor. I'm not welded to that stereotype, though.
    Interesting thought Leader...

IMHBAEO (an innovative new acronym I invented for: "In My Humble But Always Expert Opinion") in the traditional offline business sector, especially where management and ownership is considered, there continues to be a higher concentration of conservatives. Within the internet community however, especially the online marketing sector, I would suspect that there is a higher percentage of liberals.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

ABW Ambassador
    I think it's pretty much equal offline or online, maybe a little more Republican? Everybody loves money. Can't find any stats on this.

I have not really looked into it in the last year or so, but I wonder statistically speaking which party tends to be more "pro-internet?"

I have worked for a lot of candidates and all but one of the Republicans I worked for were very pro-internet. The one that was not so much, I still love to death and I get to argue with him every 6 months or so (he is a 10+ term congressman)

Of the Democrats, it was a mixed bag.

They were generally FOR a tax on the internet, but against many of the regulations that could potentially stifle business online.

It seems to me that overall, it is very much a candidate-to-candidate issue, unlike many of the issues of the day which tend to be party-line issues.
    Matt McWilliams

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    I think it's pretty much equal offline or online, maybe a little more Republican? Everybody loves money. Can't find any stats on this.
    I did see a media piece that mentioned this probably 6 - 8 years ago, not sure how long or which program it was but I recall that the piece mentioned a higher concentration of republicans in business management and ownership than democrats. I tried to find stats on this but no luck here either.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

I voted for Al Gore here, and he would be my choice i he ran. Given that I don't think he will, I expect to campaign and vote for Richardson in the primary race.

-John.
    There's a reason army's wear uniforms even though it makes them easier to spot. Sometimes that's what you want. Uniforms suggest organization, power, and numbers. These, in turn, inspire fear. And, as any good operative knows, there is no more effective weapon than fear.

Hosting Comparison - HostScope - jrrl.com

Quote Originally Posted by jrrl
    I voted for Al Gore here, and he would be my choice i he ran. Given that I don't think he will, I expect to campaign and vote for Richardson in the primary race.

-John.
    Bill Richardson was the guest for the entire hour of Meet the Press today. If you missed it, you can see a repeat real early Monday morning on NBC or you can see it online.

While I thought I agreed with most of his positions, I was really disappointed to hear some of the things he had to say, and especially some of his poorly thought-out reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    Bill Richardson was the guest for the entire hour of Meet the Press today. If you missed it, you can see a repeat real early Monday morning on NBC or you can see it online.

While I thought I agreed with most of his positions, I was really disappointed to hear some of the things he had to say, and especially some of his poorly thought-out reasons.
    I'll check it out. Thanks for the tip!

-John.
    There's a reason army's wear uniforms even though it makes them easier to spot. Sometimes that's what you want. Uniforms suggest organization, power, and numbers. These, in turn, inspire fear. And, as any good operative knows, there is no more effective weapon than fear.

Hosting Comparison - HostScope - jrrl.com

Amazing: Through the first 26 voters, 13 differenct candidates have received votes.

D - 15
    R- 10
    Unity - 1

Just a quick tip, when running straw polls like this it is nice to include an "Other" choice and a "None" choice, to make things a bit more accurate.
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

I'd vote for Ron Paul and/or maybe Mike Gravel, the rest of the field are sociopaths who who believe it's okay to kill people for political reasons. Anyway, why is this poll closed to me? -- Matt

Quote Originally Posted by radmatty
    I'd vote for Ron Paul and/or maybe Mike Gravel, the rest of the field are sociopaths who who believe it's okay to kill people for political reasons. Anyway, why is this poll closed to me? -- Matt

You may want to re-read the posts here explaining that it is not the intent of the poll to be a pulpit for personal political rants. There will be plenty of time for name calling and labelism when the media takes over our radio, internet and TV programming next year. In the meantime, we're keeping this thread light and free of personal attacks. That way it stays open - it's just for fun at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by radmatty
    Anyway, why is this poll closed to me? -- Matt
    Good question...

Admins?

I would also like to take Sprinters advice and add "Other" but I cannot figure how

THANKS!
    Matt McWilliams

As others note, it is pretty much absurd to try to choose ONE candidate to vote for, when we are still nine months away from the first real caucus (Iowa) or vote (New Hampshire), and more than 17 months away from the general election in November 2008.

Since the first elections are primary elections, it also makes sense to have people indicate their party first, then choose a candidate. I see a list of 9 Democrats and 14 Republicans, which means that if this site's voters were evenly split between the two parties, then each Democrat would appear "stronger" than each Republican (since the Democrats would split their votes among only 9 candidates, while Republicans' votes would be split among 14). Quite frankly, the inclusion of several Republican candidates who are "unannounced," but only one Democratic candidate (who clearly does not intend to run), seems troublesome also.

I can't imagine voting for a Republican candidate, certainly none of those listed. It's also hard to imagine voting for most of the Democrats named. And of course, it's absurd to vote for a "party" without knowing who the candidate will be. (In the past decade, I've realized that my political beliefs are much more aligned with the Green Party than the Democratic Party in which I am registered and sometimes active, and I've voted for some Green candidates in general elections, but it's unlikely that I would vote for any likely Green party nominee for president when the election comes in November 2008.)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast