I have just deleted my cookies?Advice please
    Hi

I ,am currently a affiliate with a shoes company,and have been placing there products on my site via there smart links section.( Pasting the code they give me for certain brands of shoes on full pages of my site )
    I have just deleted my cookies and I now dont know if i need to do something or what,I still have cookies enabled,but am worried that because i have deleted my cookies they wont be able to track the visitors i send.
    I,am fairly new to all this and would be very gratefull if someone could advise me on this.

Kind regards
    Colin

You deleted your cookies, so does it matter ? Your visitors have their own computer, so their cookies.

so the affiliate company i,am with will still be able to trace me from the visitors i send to them(have i not deleted information they need from me)
    Sorry a bit new to all this

ABW Ambassador
    For tracking sales they need to trace cookies on the customers, not you. They'll know a sale is from your account because of the code on the page.

It's the links on your site and the cookies on your visitor's computers that will trigger tracking. The cookies on your own computer don't matter.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread