Opinion on Advanced links?
    Hi Everyone

I'm a newbie at this so I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this or not.

We have a lot of text links right now and are looking at creating some more advanced banners. For those of you who use banners, how interested are you in advanced links such as animated .gif, flash etc? Do they take up too much space? Slows load time? Do people want them or not? And if you are looking for them, what kinds of things do you like to see? Do you prefer flash to animated .gifs or vice versa?

Thanks so much for your help.

Search through the forum here, I know Geno has put out a poll on exactly these things.

That said, every affiliate is different, so I'd recommend putting out all your can, meaning text links, banners in all standard sizes, with and without flash and animation.
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

Heather,

Personally, I like to have a variety to choose from, both in text and banners. I prefer the smaller to medium size animated banners, but occassionally will throw up a larger one if its a good fit for my store.

Hope this helps,
    Joey

Thanks for posts. I appreciate it. I've been checking out the posts by Geno and they're great too.

ABW Ambassador
    Geno's recent poll was a very good guideline. Some won't use animated at all; personally, if that's all that are available, I won't use any if it's at all avoidable. It isn't 1999 any more and affiliate sites aren't cute little personal homepages.

Best choice seemed to be 75% static, 25% animated.

For a product site, it's a good idea to have text links prepared for all categories. A recent post by Eathan gave a good reason for using text links.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread