Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 26th, 2007
    To Auto Approve or Not to Auto Approve
    So I can't decide is I should auto approve affiliates or not. On one hand it is very affiliate friendly if they can just sign up and go. On the other hand affiliates want us to make sure to weed out the parasites.

    I was thinking just auto approve them all and then want stats to find the parasites post join. What do you do?

  2. #2
    AM Navigator Geno Prussakov's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 10th, 2005
    Washington D.C. Metro Area
    I'd say the answer depends on two factors: (1) the affiliate network you're at (some monitor affiliate applications, others - do, but not as closely as a serious affiliate program would want to, yet others - seem not to control this at all but take everyone who applies on board), and (2) whether you have a full-time (in-house, or outsourced) affiliate manager that can go through the incoming applications, analyze, contact applicants (if necessary) and make educated decisions.


  3. #3
    Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2007
    Abingdon, Maryland
    I can't speak for others, but I manually approve every application. This isn't a fool-proof plan for keeping out the cheaters, but it does help.

    No matter what you decide, either way you have to keep a close eye on all affiliates. I've learned this the hard way.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at) or on (443) 617-4036

  4. #4
    ABW Ambassador Ron Bechdolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Affiliateville, USA
    I self approve all applications and if any are questionable I email the affiliate and ask specific questions before I approve them. You might consider doing something like that at first and if you see you are self approving 98% and feel the other 2% would not matter, then turn on the auto approve feature.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

  5. #5
    Affiliate Network Rep JuliaS's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 28th, 2006
    Montreal, Canada
    I think that wherever possible, a program should monitor and manually approve affiliate applications.

    Not only does it help decrease fraud, but by monitoring the applications you'll also notice when strong affiliates and/or sites with good potential join your program so that you can give them a personalized welcome and help get them started as quickly and easily as possible.
    Affiliate Marketing Manager
    Share Results Network

  6. #6
    Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2006
    Colorado / Florida
    This is a question that comes up every few months as new members are coming aboard and perhaps have not researched prior topical threads. You may find this helpful
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

  7. #7
    Tax Paying Member
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2005
    Chapel Hill, NC
    As an affiliate, I do not have a problem with being manually approved........but, please don't take 3 weeks to do it.

    Also, give the affiliate a chance to explain where your products are to be promoted. The site that is on record with the "network" may not be the site where your products are to be promoted. Most of us have multiple sites that may be very different from each other.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

  8. #8
    Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2006
    Houston TX
    I would think manual approval would work best if you have the resources.

    I think for SAS, it is less likely to have fraudelent affiliates. Not impossible but less likely.

    Depends on resources, the network you are on, your priorities.

    I do a manual approval to filter out questionable affiliates and try to keep the program clean. It's not 100% perfect but at least you have less questionable affiliates in there.

  9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Featured: Auto-Approve vs. Manual
    By Government Auctions AM in forum Merchant Best Practices Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: May 23rd, 2011, 03:13 PM
  2. Vitals - Auto Approve - Is there a bug?
    By Zeus in forum ShareASale - SAS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 11th, 2011, 01:15 AM
  3. redhatsandmore - Declined on Auto Approve
    By mr_jones in forum ShareASale - SAS
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: October 26th, 2006, 08:28 AM
  4. Error Message on "Auto Approve" From Email
    By catsplay in forum ShareASale - SAS
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: September 23rd, 2002, 06:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts