Affiliate Manager
    CJ Ignores me, then they ignore me gain
    It is so annoying that CJ doesn't answer any customer service emails. I asked twice now over a period of two months for a simple change in my account details and I have never received a single response from them. It sucks because there are merchants on CJ that I really enjoy representing. So, CJ Answer My Email, GRRRRRRr!

Hey bfree74, don't feel bad or alone in your dilemma.

We decided to mostly promote our own products (smart marketing) and mix in a few good merchant items that CJ carried (again, smart marketing) and they terminated our account with absolutely no notification sent to us direct, or any that I can recall seeing in our CJ email box.

While it's true we did not convert many sales for CJ merchants (promoted very few items), we were showing their offers in multi ad channels and on multi sites ... in addition to our promoting & recruiting CJ affiliates for their merchants benefit. (all sites were listed)

I can be absolutely assured that we broke no terms of service or violated any rules in any capacity. I have written CJ 3 times so far ... simply asking for an explanation on why they terminated our affiliation with no notification sent to us. I had to discover that our account was terminated by trying to login to get a merchant link of all things.

I have had the same results that you have achieved thus far ... no response in any format ... nada ... zilch.

Personally, I could care less about CJ ... ever since VC acquired their service they appear to have gone straight down hill anyway (in my opinion).
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    What sort of change in your account details would CJ itself have to change, that you can't modify yourself in the account manager? If it isn't something that you for some reason might not care to divulge, what exactly do you need changed so maybe an ABWer can explain how to do it?

EDIT: ah, I just noticed you're an affiliate manager, so that makes things a bit more complicated perhaps. But someone here may still have the answer.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by spacedog
    EDIT: ah, I just noticed you're an affiliate manager, so that makes things a bit more complicated perhaps. But someone here may still have the answer.
    Since his sig indicates his program is through SAS, I suspect he's posting here as an affiliate, not an affiliate manager.

I have to say that using the Contact Us form CJ has always responded fairly quickly, sometimes within hours and other times no more than 48 hours. Heck I just took care of an issue and they fixed it on Saturday. I didn't even know anyone was there on Saturday.

Affiliate Manager
    It is the country they have listed for me, I accidentally clicked on the UK instead of the US, and only CJ can change that, but they need to so I can get paid

Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    I have to say that using the Contact Us form CJ has always responded fairly quickly, sometimes within hours and other times no more than 48 hours. Heck I just took care of an issue and they fixed it on Saturday. I didn't even know anyone was there on Saturday.
    You must lead a charmed life, or your CJ earnings are high enough to make CJ actually give a damn. I've never received a response from CJ on any matter in less than a week, with the vast majority of responses either nonexistent or 3+ weeks in coming.

Hence my sig.
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

I have to say that using the Contact Us form CJ has always responded fairly quickly
    I agree with dharding. All 3 of my contact attempts have been directly through the "Contact Us" form box from their main site.
    Ray Thomas

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DesignerWiz
    I can be absolutely assured that we broke no terms of service or violated any rules in any capacity. I have written CJ 3 times so far ... simply asking for an explanation on why they terminated our affiliation with no notification sent to us.
    build a bho that steals credit for sales and i bet they'd let you back in real quick.

build a bho that steals credit for sales and i bet they'd let you back in real quick.
    LMAO!! I refrained from saying that if I was eBates or some other well known parasite that CJ/VC loves to cradle and endorse on their main page they'd answer within 1 minute or less I'd be willing to bet.

Ooooppppssss - I guess I just did say it, didn't I.
    Ray Thomas

Well isn't this just ironic.

For thrills & giggles I tried logging into CJ again a moment ago ... except this time instead of the page saying our account has been deactivated in red text I was shown a page that said it was deactivated due to 'dormancy'.

(paste small excerpt)
    Our records indicate that your account has been deactivated.

If you feel that you have reached this message in error, try logging in again on the login page.
    Your account has been deactivated within the system due to dormancy. Our records indicate that your account is eligible for reactivation. In order to continue using your Commission Junction publisher account, you must reactivate your account with the following form.
    "*" denotes required fields.

Yada-Yada-Yada-

Odd, seeming that we clearly & consistently show mega thousands of impressions and there have been consistent click throughs to indicate anything but 'dormancy'.

If they consider lack of conversions made by THEIR merchants who can't seem to convert targeted or pre-interested visitors to a sale customer to be our issue and label us as 'dormant' as a result is just plain ludicrous.

This is getting funnier by the minute!

Thanks for the laugh CJ.
    Ray Thomas

ABW Ambassador
    (f) Dormant Accounts. If Publisher's Account has not been credited with a valid, compensable Transaction that has not been Charged-back during any rolling, six consecutive calendar month period (“Dormant Account”), a dormant account fee at CJ's then-current rate shall be applied to Publisher's Account each calendar month that Publisher's Account remains an open yet Dormant Account or until Your Account balance reaches a zero balance, at which time the Account shall become deactivated. Transactions will not be counted if the Transaction subsequently becomes a Charge-back.
    https://www.cj.com/psa.html

I think you need to take some responsibility here, Ray. Don't place all the blame on someone else when you cannot convert a sale in six months. It's your prerogative to not agree with CJ's terms, but your lack of a sale is a breach of their terms.

That said, there is no excuse that your emails were ignored.

Affiliate Manager
    but why mine? I am a new member of CJ, I also work with 3 other networks and don't have any problems with them answering an email

Hi Snowman,

The very few CJ merchant offers we promote are mostly in areas where we have pre-described a particular software or merchant service that visitors have researched or wanted further information about.

I believe that we have done a fair job at displaying the benefits of the tools & services in order to entice them to want go to the merchant site. It is up to the merchant to close a sale prospect at that point. (at least once in a blue moon would be reasonable)

The stats that I see are consistent in traffic levels ... the sale conversions are also consistently near zero.

Can I do something different?

Probably could, but I don't see the need to create multiple pages emphasizing every little possible benefit that I can imagine in order to get them to go to the merchant site. We are already sending traffic to the merchants with low or no conversions consistently.

Should I create an incentive program for the visitor to actually purchase a product that the merchant should atleast close once in awhile?

No.

I don't see the need to offer incentives or give away free software or services to gain a sale in order to be considered an "active affiliate". Our sites are not a shopping portal site like many affiliates here promote, we target webmaster/programmer oriented crowds so our niche is closely defined and the merchant product & services that we can effectively promote are slim pickings at best, or we offer the same services internally or through partnerships.

I could easily be considered an "active affiliate" if I offered merchant programs that offer free icons, screensavers, toolbars, freebie download offers that fit very well with webmaster type sites" .... but just how well do you think that would go over here on the board if I did that?

Would you look the other way and excuse me because I did what I needed to do in order to remain an "active affiliate in good standing with CJ?"

I think not!

I will gladly do without any merchant offer, or promote any network before I will stoop to the level of passing out parasiteware progam offers in order to be an "affiliate in good standing."
    Ray Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by bfree74
    It is so annoying that CJ doesn't answer any customer service emails. I asked twice now over a period of two months for a simple change in my account details and I have never received a single response from them. It sucks because there are merchants on CJ that I really enjoy representing. So, CJ Answer My email, GRRRRRRr!
    I would suggest giving them a call at 800.761.1072 Press 1, 3 and 3 to be directed to advertiser services. I rarely wait more than 5 minutes and they seem to have good answers to most if not all of my questions.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    My experience is that CJ is pretty responsive when I submit questions. Linkshare, on the other hand, is a little lacking when it comes to answering questions.

I just sent CJ a question through the interface this morning. I got a response back by 4:00pm. They issue was fixed right away.

My other questions were also answered. Unfortunately it means changing out thousands of links, but they did give me the correct answer.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread