CJ's datafeed is now $200. Don't know which 5 merchants to choose. ANy idea?
    Hi, folks,

As I am new to this field, could some experienced ones here give me some suggestions?

Only most recently, did I encounter Super Affiliate Handbook by Rosalinda Gardner. So this would be my first time to be an affiliate. I am interested in digital products like camera, camercords, MP3s. How do I know which 5 merchants are the best for these?

Give me some suggestions, old birds!

Thanks
    sinpeople

Last I knew you weren't limited to 5 merchants. I know I have more than 5 right now and I signed up recently.

They limit you to 5 when you first sign up, unless you have a credible business reason why you need more. They want to see that you will actually use the feeds effectively.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I try to pick feeds that I know that I will have a great chance of making sales with, so that I can then immediately request all the feeds available. I don't really worry about profit, I just want to prove that I can handle datafeeds and make sales with them. So for my business, picking feeds from general merchandisers such as "Buy.com" (who has a huge datafeed file BTW) is the best bet. You want to make sure you don't waste your 5 choices on merchants with crappy feeds and just a few products... When you look at the "product links" section for a merchant, you can get an idea of what will be in their feed file.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Internet Cowboy
    Start with Vanns.com at Shareasale. Their datafeed is FREE as are all datafeeds at Shareasale. Their AMs are supportive and helpful.
    There is no need to spend $200 when yuo don't have to. Get your feet wet at Shareasale. There are plenty of quality merchants there to keep you busy for a good while. After that, expand into other networks if you want.
    Welcome to ABW

Affiliate Manager
    If you are intent on getting your CJ feeds, then contact the merchants BEFORE signing up for their feeds in case they offer a free feed outside of the network.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    There are many merchants that provide a free datafeed. Check out SAS and also LS as a majority of them have it.

If you still want to pay for CJ data feed, find a niche that you are going to promote and work that corner. Do not promote items like "light bulbs" and "vacation travel".
    i.e. if you are looking at "vacation", look at other verticals like "ski" or "golf", so you are able to cross promote a vacation to secondary categories like ski or golf gear.

I can get free feeds from CJ, but I don't know how to display them on my site

Just pick any five programs that are parasite free.

ABW Ambassador
    You don't have to pay at Performics either.

If you want to work with feeds, definitely choose some good merchants at Shareasale - for sure, there are many that are topnotch - and PLEASE check out Avantlink. Gary has a forum here, feeds are free and the tools are superb - as is the support, and the personal attention and advice when you need it.

I don't know how to display them on my site
    I haven't really figured out how I want to use them either, I've just been picking individual items or small sections out. But there are some dynamic Avantlink feeds (that you can use parts of), and I have a static site that fits the vertical of a couple of the better merchants, so I'm figuring on cutting back on the number of static pages and linking into shopping section populated with feeds.

why not try webservice its free

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread