Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cool The Master Cleanser Diet
    So I've started the Master Cleanse diet (aka. The Lemonade Diet) today and will do it for 10 days.

Recently, a teammate of mine on the independent league baseball team I play on did this detox/diet and lost 14lbs in the 10 days. He wasn't overweight by any means, but did the cleanse more as a way to detox his body as well as tone up a little before his wedding. Since completing the cleanse, he's continued to lose weight and stay in great shape, so I figured why not give it a shot.

For those of you not familiar with this detox/diet, you can read about it here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_Cleanse

or just Google "Master Cleanser Diet"

So today is day one...so far...so good. Obviously it will get rougher as the day goes by and the next few days are supposed to be brutal. But I figure after a long weekend of BBQ, Beer and laziness...my body could benefit from this.

I feel very energetic right now, but imagine I will flatline here soon. ha.

Many people are critical of this method of dieting, which is understandable. When I first heard my teammate was doing this, I was one of the many giving him grief for it. But as I've read more, I figure I will give it a shot and see how it goes.

I will keep you all posted on how this is going as the days go on.
    [B]Jon Lyons[/B]
    Director of Affiliate Operations
    [EMAIL="jon.lyons@fluxads.com"][SIZE=1]jon.lyons@fluxads.com[/SIZE][/EMAIL][SIZE=1] | 1-877-GO-2-FLUX | [URL="http://www.fluxads.com/"]FluxAds.com[/URL][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]LinkedIn: [URL]http://www.linkedin.com/in/jrlyons[/URL][/SIZE]

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    from the Wikipedia link:

The Master Cleanse involves eating no solid food and drinking a mixture of fresh lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and grade B maple syrup for a minimum of ten days, although it is not uncommon for people to stay on the cleanse for longer periods of time. In addition, to help elimination, cleansers drink a cup of herbal laxative tea each evening and a saltwater drink or another cup of laxative tea each morning.
    Good luck, Jon. Those 10 days should zoom by.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    You should go get a burger. That "diet" isn't healthy. Not eating solid food for 10 days and you're going to lose weight. It's just a form of fasting.

One of my coworkers did this diet. She lost like 15lbs and said she felt great a few days into the diet. One thing that she said and I think is true is your main motivation in doing the cleanse should not be to lose weight but rather detox. I have thought about doing it but it just seems so un-natural. A minimum of 10 days is also a LONG time. Good luck I am interested to hear your results.

You and your toilet will become great friends. I wish you moving success....

Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    You and your toilet will become great friends. I wish you moving success....

Yea, that's something that I'm not looking forward to. I need to find some good books to read during these 10 days. Any suggestions?
    [B]Jon Lyons[/B]
    [EMAIL="jon.lyons@fluxads.com"][SIZE=1]jon.lyons@fluxads.com[/SIZE][/EMAIL][SIZE=1] | 1-877-GO-2-FLUX | [URL="http://www.fluxads.com/"]FluxAds.com[/URL][/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    100 Great George Foreman Grilling Recipes, came with my big George Foreman Grill. Nice juicy burgers

Keep this thread updated. Don't think I can go a day without solid food by choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon@Fluxads

Yea, that's something that I'm not looking forward to. I need to find some good books to read during these 10 days. Any suggestions?
    Yeah, "You... on a Diet." This is a VERY good book about how your body works and what to do to get and stay healthy.

I picked a bad day to begin this detox...every Wednesday is pizza day here in the office...smells so good....

Stomachs already grumbling. I can't believe some people who do this for the maximum 45 days...that's just instanity.
    [B]Jon Lyons[/B]

ABW Ambassador
    Start it tomorrow, never pass up a pizza day. Denying oneself is not healthy either.

I picked a bad day to begin this detox...every Wednesday is pizza day here in the office...smells so good....

Stomachs already grumbling. I can't believe some people who do this for the maximum 45 days...that's just instanity.
    Give in now. In two days when you finally do, you will be sorry you missed that pizza, lol!

Ah, give the guy a break.

If he'd rather drink maple syrup and saltwater than eat burgers and pizza, that's his choice.

I give him 3 days.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

Couldn't help but jump in as an ex-boyfriend of mine did the cleanse a couple of months ago and lost about 10lbs. He has since been keeping the weight off and hitting the gym and is looking quite great these days. (Perhaps I should give him a call? )

Same thing with another friend of mine, losing a bit of weight via the cleanse helped to kick her butt into the gym, and she has kept the weight off since her wedding last summer. So, perhaps, it serves as a jump start of sorts?

(Me, personally, I reeeally don't think I could last 10 days! )

How are you holding up on Day 2, Jon?

Quote Originally Posted by Rachna06
    Couldn't help but jump in as an ex-boyfriend of mine did the cleanse a couple of months ago and lost about 10lbs. He has since been keeping the weight off and hitting the gym and is looking quite great these days. (Perhaps I should give him a call? )

Same thing with another friend of mine, losing a bit of weight via the cleanse helped to kick her butt into the gym, and she has kept the weight off since her wedding last summer. So, perhaps, it serves as a jump start of sorts?

(Me, personally, I reeeally don't think I could last 10 days! )

How are you holding up on Day 2, Jon?
    Well that's all pretty encouraging!

So far today is going well. Last night was ROUGH. I stayed up until just after 1am last night working and by that point I was starving. Which is also making this morning a little tough because I'm a bit tired and usually I start every morning with a Red Bull...but instead, today I'm chuggin down some nasty lemonade.

I've been told the first 3 days are the toughest, then after that it almost becomes routine...so we'll see. I think this weekend will be the ultimate test. I'm pretty confident I should make it through the 10 days. Just looking forward to completing the detox.

I'll continue to keep you all posted...especially if I give in and eat a whole cow.
    [B]Jon Lyons[/B]

I won't go into why I have to do a routine cleansing (cancer related), but I do something similar. It's hard, but you feel great afterwards.

BTW, Jon, to avoid the "lack of nutrition" argument you can add a liquid multi-vitamin to your daily routine (it won't interfere) just to be on the safe side. Though the Grade B maple syrup has some things in it the multi-vitamin is better. Centrum makes a liquid version (though I guess you could also take a pill).

I also find Sea Salt with iodine to be good for the saline water.

Ok, no posts on this thread for three days, what gives?

Sounds like a pretty crappy way to lose weight.

I read that this is the diet that Beyonce used to lose weight before filiming Dreamgirls...if that's true if definitely worked for her.

So Jon, how did the weekend go??
    Julia
    Affiliate Marketing Manager
    Share Results Network
    [email=julia@shareresults.com]julia@shareresults.com[/email]
    [URL=http://www.shareresults.com]http://www.shareresults.com[/URL]

You know what else is a great way to loose weight? Anorexia. Seriously, when did crash diets become acceptable forms of healthy living? Did you ask your doctor about this before you decided to start? Although I'm sure you can't do too much harm to your body in just 10 days, there are MUCH healthier ways to "de-tox" and loose weight.

Losing weight isn't about fads, or quick fixes. You need to make a lifestyle change. If you want to be healthy you just can't eat crap and sit on your butt all day. Think about it as getting healthy, not losing weight. Live how you can live for the rest of your life, not how you can quickly lose weight (mostly water weight) and then go back to old habits.

So it's day 8...I've managed to stick with this thing and so far have lost 9lbs...HOWEVER...I've gotten pretty sick. About day 4 I started to feel some flu like symptoms, but didn't give much thought about it. Then by day six, I became pretty sick. Being sick has actually helped me get through the cleanse since I haven't had much of an appetite. Trying to stick to this cleanse, I avoided taking any flu medicine but I am now to the point where my whole body aches and I'm maintaining a fever. So by recommendation of my doctor, I am going off the cleanse today and will begin eating soup and taking anti-biotics.

I can't say whether or not the cleanse had anything to do with me getting sick, but I'm sure it didn't help prevent it. I did lose 9lbs. and will most likely lose a couple more over the next couple days...but this cleanse was tough. I wanted to give it a shot since it intrigued me so much...and now that I have...the intrigue is gone and I will most likely never attempt this again.
    [B]Jon Lyons[/B]

...the intrigue is gone and I will most likely never attempt this again.
    A tough lesson well-learned.

Get well soon, Jon.

Hope you feel better soon!

In my experience, a trip to a nutritionist (to get a clear picture on how to 'eat healthy' based on your own personal needs) and regular, moderate to heavy exercise is the best way to lose weight, keep it off and stay fit.
    Julia
    Affiliate Marketing Manager
    Share Results Network
    [email=julia@shareresults.com]julia@shareresults.com[/email]
    [URL=http://www.shareresults.com]http://www.shareresults.com[/URL]

I personally would never try something like this. When you start to lose weight the first 10 lbs. are always the easiest. Radical changes are bad for your body.

If you are serious about losing weight and staying healthy, common sense prevails. Eat healthy, exercise, change your lifestyle.

My suggestion has always been the "Fit for Life" method. If you are intelligent, the books explains things in a way that just makes sense. It's by Harvey and Marilyn Diamond, there's actually two books. The original was updated.

Not only do you lose weight, you feel better, you look better, you sleep better, and you gains tons of energy you never had before.

Here's a link. The first review pretty much sums it up.

http://www.amazon.com/Fit-Life-Harve.../dp/0446300152

Folks gotta remember the Master Cleanse isn't supposed to be for weight loss, but people seem to think that's all. Certainly better to exercise and eat better to lose weight and keep it off. However, these "cleansers" do other things that help people out, though I doubt I would ever go 10+ days on such a cleanse.

Nice try at it, Jon. Hope you feel better soon!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast