Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thumbs up Perfume affiliate program
    Hi.. i am new to perfume affiliate business and would like to know whom should i choose to sign up as an affiliate, is that perfume.com, frangrancex , or some other genuine retailers. Please give me some good suggestion as to whom should I choose in order to become an affiliate.

ABW Ambassador
    strawberrynet on cj

Thanks KGP, but I have seen affiliates posting complaints against strawberry regarding payments, but any how i'll give them a shot.... can we make good commission out of perfume business as I can drive good amount of targetted traffic to my site. .. thanks once again.. for the help.

ABW Ambassador
    The 3 perfume/fragrance merchants that get me the most sales

Fragrancenet - Linkshare
    Perfumania - CJ
    Perfume Emporium - CJ

experiences will vary

Hi.. Trust... thanks a lot. Could you please also let me know if affiliates getting traffic from google and how much is the click to sales ratio and is the tracking system good enough from Cj, coz many affiliates are getting their commission screwed. Thanks once again for the reply and one more question. which one do u think its better perfume or shoe affiliates?

Can anyone provide me the perfume affiliate sites just to see the design layout and other things?

ABW Ambassador
    Don't think anybody is going to post their sites for you to look at. But you can take a look at the perfume merchant sites to see what they're doing. Usually they've done testing to find out what layout converts the best, they've already done the homework for you. Conversion rate will vary between affiliates, so the best way is to test them out.

As far as perfume vs. shoes, again many variables. People get sales with both.

Thanks trust...

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I just got an email saying perfume.com is leaving SAS and will be consolidating at performics. I took them off my coupon site already. Sent a goodbye note. I'll miss them, but i don't break my "no performics" rule for anybody. A shame, I had big plans for this merchant. They were the #1 merchant on my list for my new coupon experiment, they're off it now. And I bought a domain and was planning a dedicated perfume site, that just dropped several notches on my site build out list (and when it does come time, i still won't work with anyone at Performics).

Hate when the ones with good potential fall for the suckers pitch. Have fun getting mugged by your new "partner".

ABW Ambassador
    "I took them off my coupon site already. Sent a goodbye note. I'll miss them,"

I thought you said in the other thread you weren't going to work with them because they had Shop At Home Select? Reading it again, did you mean you just won't work with merchants with parasities via PPC?

Correct, plus I had opened a dialog with someone there subsequent to that SAHS post, as a result of it really. Sometimes, I will do some promotion, even at times ppc, in an ugly environment, if I'm trying to teach someone that it can be done ethically. So there are gray areas, but only for short times. And I also have some rules I never break, like Performics. Going exclusively to Performics means, for me, there's absolutely nothing left to discuss.

This same looseness, for lack of a better word, comes into play for me Trust, when there's a parallel program. You know how I feel about those. If a parallel program with SAS and Performics exists, I will still consider promoting a merchant - even though I know that bho's (and worse), through Perf, will affect my performance. But when it's exclusive, I know my promotion not only helps the bho (and worse) monetize through the traffic I bring, but my own sales put money (network fees and / or prestige) into shathead hands - that I refuse to do.

So I'm outta their program. And disappointed. By my project list is VERY DEEP, I'll get over it.

Someday, they'll see the shat being done to them (perhaps it'll be me making movies of it) and they'll reconsider. Their site is great, the products and service and shipping and prices are wonderful as well. Cheaters will make a bunch off of them - and it will erode their margins. I won't be a part of it.

Exclusive at Performics is like hanging a big radioactive sign on the program to me.

If every program were exclusive at Perf, I'd walk away from affiliate marketing.

They make CJ and LinkShare look like Sister Mary down at the convent.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I don't understand the resentment against Performics. As a Network they always convert much better than CJ or LS do. Tho SaS would be my first choice Performics is prolly my 2nd favorite network both for usability and in terms of their merchants.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    They make CJ and LinkShare look like Sister Mary down at the convent.
    I gues Denton's trying to kick the "habit" ... ya get it? LOL!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

that was funny H. i loved it. you're twisted, like me.

am i going to see you in Miami?

oops, i got off topic... H, can i smell your cologne on you in miami?

Haiko, I appreciated the double entendre
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Bear in mind that is a very small survey. And remember overall it's not the networks it's the merchants that allow bad things to happen.

For ABW, that's a fairly big survey. So are you saying ABW itself is small and doesn't represent the affiliate community at large. If so, how would you characterize the difference between the two? If ABW voters are a subset of the entire affiliate community - and you want to argue that the tally is irrelevant or somewhat meaningless, then I need further basis. Are ABW'ers uninformed? Biased? Not very bright? Shills? Please do explain your view on this. I find your view very interesting.

And you're being very naive in your second sentence, or perhaps you just don't know how Performics works. Performics acts as the affiliate manager, and often SEM team as well, for a large portion of the merchants there - see this email list that Performics just posted:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=91470
    Notice anything about that list?

When the merchant (aka person managing the aff program) and the network are one and the same, your argument about which one causes the problem, just doesn't hold any water for me.

Hi Donuts:

First let us look at the numbers. Total voting count was at 100. hardly a fraction of ABW members. So the poll doesn't accurately reflect the feelings of ABW as a whole, just a small percentage of ABW. I think it goes without saying that ABW is a part of the affiliate community. However, we also know that several affiltaes don't visit for whatever reason. Bear in mind also that the poll only asks to vote for your favorite network. I definitely think SaS deserves this honor. However you cannot go by the numbers on the other votes since this was a poll on the top network, not 2nd fav, 3rd fav etc. Look at Shareresults even being listed and that's not even a popular network.

Performics runs an affiliate network. They are not affiliate managers. You can contact the individual merchants just like any other network, it just is harder at Performics.

"When the merchant (aka person managing the aff program) and the network are one and the same"

I do not agree with this statement at all.

Lastly all this seems to come from the fact that Performics has bad people in their network like most of the other networks do. However that is not enough to make stop using a merchant. I can safely say I've made much more with the parasitic merchants than I have with the clean ones. All you can do is help to educate the merchants better.

Quote Originally Posted by jackson992
    Performics runs an affiliate network. They are not affiliate managers.
    Performics themselves begs to differ with you, please review their home page.

And thanks for the feedback on the poll. Much of what you said is true, and I agree that the poll is not the final or defining answer, but it is representative of how your peers here feel about Performics.

I also urge you to join services that monitor bad actors and to begin observing who is most often in the stinky end of the spectrum. But, if as you say, programs with parasites work better for you than clean programs, I guess we could talk for a very long time and never agree on much.

So seriously, best of luck to you, no matter where you're selling!

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by jackson992
    Performics runs an affiliate network. They are not affiliate managers.
    Jack,
    This is completely wrong. They do manage most merchant programs in house and, as Donuts stated, they also manage many of their clients' paid search. For such a small network, they recently came up #1 in adware usage when Kellie tested the top 500 Retail Web Sites.

Now, PFX is a small network with fewer affiliates than CJ or LS. Do you really think those are all affiliates using adware at PFX?
    Keep in mind, in many people's eyes, Zango = Paid Search.

Think about it.
    (sorry to get off topic)

The bottom line for me comes down to who's gonna make me money. While I agree parasites etc are a problem I think the issue is way overstated. Oftentimes my top merchants are filled with parasites.

If you worked with Perfume.com, do you think you'd make more money with them if they filled themselves with parasites?

ABW Ambassador
    I think what he is saying and what most people know is of course you can make money with merchants that have parasites. You yourself said you do a little PPC at times and/or have those type of merchants on your sites (thinking of a dedicated site to a merchant filled with parasites). And you're probably making money with them. You say it's to teach them that ethical affiliates can make those merchants money. Again, off course, why wouldn't they be able to.

And another of course. Of course I, you, Jack, other affiliates, if the choice was for a merchant to have parasites or not have them, the choice would be for the merchants not to have them. I think they're just stupid to have them in their program since it basically just cannibalizes their free traffic and traffic they pay for and also has a negative affect on their clean affiliates. But you can still make money with those merchants and you can still make money with merchants at Performics.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast