ABW Ambassador
    Is this Parasite Infestation?
    Hello, I contacted Linkshare directly about two weeks ago, filled in a support ticket but got absolutely no response from them besides the automated first reply, how is that for customer service folks? I guess because my sales have been low this last month then they don't give a hoot & have more important affiliates to attend to? I know if it was Avantlink etc they would have personally seen to my issue within hours or a day at most.

Anyway I'm going to be open about this so please people with intentions to put others down refrain from commenting. Also other networks are doing fine and I have had my biggest month on two other networks in May so why is Linkshare not converting?

I have not had one single sale from the following merchants I will list below (names not displayed) this month. Although I have had some sales from a few merchants while one merchant who I was doing really well with has not generated one sale since the end of April. My traffic had slowed a little in the last two months due to new branding and domain changes for my most important site and another lost a position in one of the search engines and is now getting lots of image hits from google instead. Traffic did slow a little but the impressions & hits have been ok so I don't understand why no sales? Now if I had the same amount of impressions & clicks on some other networks I have no doubt the sales would have followed.

So please give me some ideas on what I could do to overcome this. I have read in an old revenue mag about adding a few characters to the end of each link (don't remember it off-hand) can help fight the cookie stealer's and parasites on many consumers computers, should I be adding this and is it still needed/working in 2007? I have a feeling I'm been done over by parasites. What do you think, any positive feedback is welcome.

So here is a couple of merchants reports for the month of May until now:

The first number

Merchant1:
    impressions: 250
    click-throughs:12
    Sales: $0

Merchant2:
    impressions: 89
    click-throughs:324

Merchant3:
    impressions: 106
    click-throughs:433

Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm happy to report that someone from Linkshare has contact me and been very good about this and has offered to personally look further into it for me.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador
    The one with 12 clicks, not enough traffic. The other 2, it would help to know who the merchants are. Then other affiliates who have the same merchants can check their stats. If they're doing fine, the problem is on your end. If everybody is having problems, then there is a problem somewhere on the other end. It's good to compare notes to figure it out. Merchant names help.

adding a few characters to the end of each link (don't remember it off-hand) can help fight the cookie stealer's and parasites on many consumers computers,
    Would this ABW thread on &afsrc=1 be what you were thinking about?

ABW Ambassador
    Trust, it is pretty much the same for most of my merchants but here is two examples:

Motorcycle Superstore, Inc. 789 clicks - (for the first 10 days of May only since I took down the datafeed until I work out this problem)

Store.REEBOK.com 523 click for all of May

If they're doing fine, the problem is on your end. If everybody is having problems, then there is a problem somewhere on the other end.
    I doubt everyone is having this problem otherwise the forum would be full of posts like this. If it is a problem from me then what would be causing this? Is there another option besides those two?

bumpaw, yes that is it, is this still used these days by affiliates and is it effective?

I'm sure the rep from Linkshare will get to the bottom of this but anymore feedback is welcome.

ABW Ambassador
    They probably have parasites but that's probably not the reason. Don't have the motorcycle merchant and don't have a lot of traffic to Reebok and I can't run reports right now for some reason. Keep getting logged out when trying to. Maybe somebody else has them and can post how they're doing.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    another lost a position in one of the search engines and is now getting lots of image hits from google instead.
    Image-search hits are trash traffic no matter where they come from. Subtract them from all your calculations. Then figure your conversion ratios.

You may find that the conversions aren't so bad after all.

ABW Ambassador
    Trust, its not a merchant thing, it could be any number of my merchants and they are all nearly not converting

Leader, who said I added image searchs to the equation?

I only want to know if there is anything I can do to fix on my end or the previous questions I asked.

ABW Ambassador
    This thread is not really going anywhere so and I'm going to wait for Linkshares help and see what they find out if anything. I will try adding that code to my links as well.

thanks anyway

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread