Hi everyone,

Well, the shopping season is off with a bang. Our orders are rolling in fast and furious.

Here's why I'm posting.

Bare Necessities has listened to and responded to concerns regarding downloadable applications.

We have ended our relationships with WhenU/SaveNow, Buyersport/Morpheus, and Ebates.

There was some internal debate on whether or not to do this. They gave me the opportunity to make the final decision.

Help me PROVE I did the right thing. When the order totals and commission statements are reviewed in the next month, I want to be able to clearly show that these companies did not help us.

If you have ever considered working with us, or if you have any way of doing more, now is the time.

We have a Free Shipping offer that is highlighted in our PROMO banners, and on all our DRM links.

Thanks in advance for putting in a little extra effort to help one of the merchants that is making changes based on your concerns.

I hope you all have a GREAT 4th quarter.

Michael

Michael
    973-621-6211 x 5040
    michael(at)barenecessities.com

ABW Ambassador
    Just put up your links on a few pages the other day. Hope it helps but can't guarantee anything.
    Cazzie

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I've got your sexy DHTML Ads and some pre-sell and banners in the apparel and Bridal sections. I'll look for something in the way of Christmas banners for my front page.

WebMaster Mike

That's awesome Michael, I wish I could do more right now but I really don't have any approriate sites for you yet, but I promise to make one in the near future.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Help me PROVE I did the right thing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have made a very good decision which should be applauded.

In regards to reviewing the figures, you need to take into consideration the long term benefits this will have, and not just the interim effects. I for one would not promote your company prior to now, and in the short term I have no effective means of doing so. This however may change over the coming months, as I always enjoy working with companies who consider their affiliates.

I think this will be the case for quite a few others as well, and that you'll find many new and effective partnerships developing over the coming months.

All The Best..

Wonderfull!! And just in time *S* was getting ready to make a page just for you so this will make things nice!

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

But if the arrow is straight and the point is slick,
    It can pierce through dust no matter how thick. dylan

ABW Ambassador
    WTG!

Way to go... I am already promoting you on my site... getting a lot of click-thrus, what is the average click-rate you have till someone gets a sale. An example would be 1 sale every 40 clicks. etc.. How are people converting?

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

Hi Jason,

I think the avg. sale per clickthrough was somewhere in the 1 out of 100 range.

BUT, it really depends on your business model, and your site's visitor demographics.

Our top affiliates tend to see closer to 1 out of 40 or 50 clicks, due to the way they drive their visitors around their sites.

Thanks for promoting us. I hope our Free Shipping offer helps to convert some of your traffic for you.

Michael

PS. Lots of clicks is pretty typical for us since we sell underwear, so the conversion rate may be a little lower than with your other merchants. On the other hand, it's not too difficult to get people to click-through to us. Just put a big link that says UNDERWEAR, and everyone will line up to click on it. &lt;g&gt;

Michael
    973-621-6211 x 5040
    michael(at)barenecessities.com

ABW Ambassador
    Bravo, Michael!

One thing (I'm sure you've considered it, but.. just to mention it..) to also consider is that even if total affiliate credited sales are lower, some of that loss could be attributed to highjacked type-in's, search engine (PPC and non), etc referrals.

Good Luck, I hope that this goes well... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] For your sake and all of ours!!

--
    ...only in the affiliates interest...
    The Newer Nicer Joseph [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

15 years and counting
    You did the right thing and we're going to help you.
    WTG

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

Michael You did the Right thing, Affiliates are stronger and know more about generating sales then Ebates and the parasites :0) and that's the truth!. We will boost your sales Big Time.

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread