Nutrisystem Diet
    My hubby recently started the Nutrisystem diet. He's lost 6 pounds in the last week and a half. He said the food is actually pretty good, though he's used to larger portions. He's adjusting well though.

I'm a picky eater and it looks like Nutrisystem even has meals that I would enjoy. However, I can't do the Nutrisystem diet, as it is heavily soy based and soy interferes with the absorption of medications I am on for chronic health issues. Since hubby stopped cooking for me (he's a good cook... maybe TOO good. LOL) I've had to fend for myself and I've been opting for smaller portions, more natural foods, and less grease/fast food. I have lost 8 pounds in the last 3 weeks or so.

Is anyone else here on the Nutrisystem diet, too? Anyway, just wanted to share our small successes so far and hopefully we'll have more good news in a few more weeks.

Congratulations to all of you who are also on track to accomplish your fitness and health goals! Keep it up!
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Ride It Like You Stole It CowgirlUp's Avatar
    Congrats to your hubby! Congrats to you!!!!

Thanks for the info on the system, I didn't realize how much soy was in it.

Is it expensive?
    Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by rgrsgrl
    Congrats to your hubby! Congrats to you!!!!

Thanks for the info on the system, I didn't realize how much soy was in it.

Is it expensive?
    I didn't realize how much soy was in it either. I'm glad I found out before I tried it. It runs a little under $300 for a month's worth of food (per person). Considering we were eating out for lunch every day during the work week and a couple nights a month, it's not a whole lot more than what we usually pay for food, maybe even cheaper.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.

Affiliate Manager
    Hi,

I'm glad you like the NutriSystem diet, and it has worked well for everyone. I manage the LinkShare program at NutriSystem plus I eat the food since it tastes good. (even though I don't need to lose weight.)

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Our CFO and CEO swear by it, but to me I could never get over the whole room temperature food thing. Chicken is to be cold or hot

I just ate waaaay too much Japanese food
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Congratulations on to you and the hubby on your successes!

I would love to lose 8 pounds. My vice - grilled cheeses on sourdough bread. I just can't give them up and I really have tried!
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

I tried it and still have some left. The way they preserve the food makes the texture horrible...I couldn't deal with it.
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly, LLC 702.407.0707 joe.lilly at partnerweekly.com
    PartnerWeekly

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Upon returning from Florida in May, I decided to trim off some "baby fat" and actually considered the nutri-system route. But Ellen just suggested Smart Balance meals that are readily available at the supermarket. We did that for a couple weeks and then just started using our old weight watchers cookbook. In 5 1/2 weeks I'm 21 lbs lighter. (except in the wallet)

I'm sure the nutri system approach is convenient, but you can accomplish the same results without it. If you watch consumption quantities, avoid the usual culprits, (chocolate, pastries etc etc we all know the drill) and get some exercise each day, the pounds come off.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Hubby's lost 14 pounds as of last Thursday. He's been weighing in once a week. It seems to be working well for him, especially because it's pretty easy for him to manage.

I'm stuck in neutral, no gain, no loss. That's not unusual for me considering my thyroid issues. I've scheduled a dr. appt. because I think the doc might need to up my med dosage.

I might try the smart balance route tho', Alan. Thanks for the suggestion. I have "texture issues" with food too, Joe, so there's another reason I suppose NutriSystem is out for me.

Ride It Like You Stole It CowgirlUp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    We did that for a couple weeks and then just started using our old weight watchers cookbook. In 5 1/2 weeks I'm 21 lbs lighter. (except in the wallet)
    OMG Alan! Thanks fantastic!

I totally binged on choc cake yesterday and will be hitting the cardio and weights a little harder this week. I've had a setback partially due to some stress and gained the 4lbs back I had initially lost but that's ok, the summer is still young and there's plenty of farm labor to go around.

I like the weight watcher's plan, easy to follow.

Congrats again to your husband meadowmufn and don't get bummed about being in neutral, at least you didn't gain back
    Last edited by rgrsgrl; June 26th, 2007 at 04:14 PM. Reason: spelling
    Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Well, I got the go-ahead from my doctor to try Nutrisystem. He told me to just make sure I take my thyroid meds at least an hour, preferrably two hours, before eating any food with soy in it.

I lost 10 pounds before I started Nutrisystem. I started on Nutrisystem last Thursday and I've lost 2 1/2 pounds so far. It's probably mostly water weight, but I'm staying hydrated and haven't cheated... so good for me! My "official" weigh-in is on Thursday, but I've been feeling much better and my pants are a teeny bit looser, so I had to hop on the scale this morning to see.

I was suprised, the food is actually pretty good. It's still obviously "diet" food and there are one or two entrees I'm not trying again, but I CAN do this diet and I'm a picky eater!

Hubby's lost 34 pounds so far!

Their lasagna is the way to go!
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly, LLC 702.407.0707 joe.lilly at partnerweekly.com
    PartnerWeekly

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lilly
    Their lasagna is the way to go!
    It's definitely on my re-order list.

how's Nutrisystem going?
    Hi, I'm thinking about starting nutrisystem. How has it worked for you so far?

A friend of my wife's was on it. She said the food tasted like cardboard (think "lean cuisine").

ABW Ambassador
    I ordered a 4-week supply of nutrisystem from QVC. It was HORRIBLE! First of all, they shorted me on my order instead of 28 of every, I got between 12 and 20 of the different meals and snacks. Then after I took the item count, I tried to eat it. I couldn't get it down, it had a strange aftertaste and consistency. I think because of the soy it contains. Anyways, the reason I bought it from QVC is that they're really great on returns. They gave me a FULL refund, even for the day's worth of food I tried to eat.

I'm now on weight watchers online.

I'm on day 14 of nutrisystem, I'm a 30 year old female with 40 lbs to lose, I lost 9 lbs. I follow the simple work out dvd it came with, and don't even eat all the foods that are allowed daily. I'm never hungry and if i ever find myself feeling hungry, it's time to eat again anyway.
    I'm sure that this diet can be done without NS, it's all about portion contion, but I dont know how to cook and work 2 full time jobs so for me it's perfect. The foods are tollerable. Just as any frozen food would be. If you choose the favorites instead of choosing your own food, be prepared that they send a lot of breakfast cereal and a lot of granola bars for lunch which i am not crazy about. I like the eggs, I like the oatmeal, most of the pastas, most of the soups, it's really not that bad. So far, I'm sticking to it. I only cheated New years Eve by eating chips and guacamole (my weakness) and drinking. 9 lbs aint bad for 14 days i think. I recommend it to anyone looking to lose weight who just does not have time to plan out foods daily. No diets pills which is good. The trick is really sticking to it and making the portions a life style, not a diet.

Nutrisystem is an excellent program...

Be Careful

Fad Diets are Unhealthy

Some fad diets focus on one particular food or type of food. Other fad diets are fasting-type-diets and limited in duration to a few days.

This is bad diet-nutrition. The No 1. rule of good diet nutrition is:

Eat a balanced diet that includes a variety of foods.

Fad diets may cause you to develop nutritional deficiencies, because no one type of food has all the nutrients necessary for good health.

In particular, beware fad diets that promote "fat-burning" foods. There are no foods that have special "fat-burning" properties.

That's why you should eat moderate amounts from all food groups, not large amounts of a few special foods.

Fad dieting can sometimes lead to weight-cycling or yo-yo dieting - i.e. weight loss, followed by regain, followed by weight loss then regain etc. New research suggests that such weight cycling may lead to obesity.
    Last edited by Dynamoo; March 21st, 2009 at 07:24 AM. Reason: No manual signatures, read the rules

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread