How much do you expect a thousand clicks to Amazon.com can be normally expected to earn?

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

ABW Ambassador
    SSanf
    It depends on what you promote. Books have a much lower conversion rate for me. Other items are quite good.

I do not promote many books. My stats for this quater so far:

Clicks 29726 Items Ordered 682

Thats 23 sales per 1000 clicks
    or
    1 sales every 43 clicks.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

ABW Ambassador
    varies wildly... Think average is ~2%

--
    ...only in the affiliates interest...
    The Newer Nicer Joseph [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Looks like I only get paid 48 cents per item on the average. Can this be right?

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

ABW Ambassador
    48 cent commission would be for a $9.60 book. Depends on the prices of the books you are selling.

Andy Williams

Doesn't look like I will get rich from them!

ABW Ambassador
    Find some higher ticket items to offer. They are my best performing merchant by a long way.

Andy Williams

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Don't feel bad SSanf. I've gotten commissions as low as .12 on MarketPlace items. Not that I promote those, it's just things my visitors have ordered once they got to Amazon. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

Amazon's pretty much a side thing for me now, but the average conversion rate is meant to be about 2.5% (mine is 1.4%).

My EPC varies a lot, at the moment it's about $2 but the range seems to be from $1 up to $5 or more. "Reversals" are less than 3% (these are typically products ordered and then cancelled).

If you're selling books, you can usually find the same one at the other Amazon sites. amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk are easy to join (although you'll get paid in local currency). If you really want to, you could try amazon.fr and amazon.de too. And if you're really brave, Amazon.co.jp (I am a member of Amazon.co.jp - it was a bit tricky to register though).

Меня зовут Динаму

While I'm not a big earner yet, I thought I could input some stats here. So far this quarter I'm earning $0.52 per item. Last quarter it was $0.62 per item. Granted these are not statistically valid as I've only sold 65 items during this time frame.

This is from my Stephen King site. I'm starting to move toward including more eBay and Half.com links to hopefully push up my income per visitor a bit by giving them more destinations to spend money.

Brian
    The Charity Network

Well, I am changing the links on my little book site over to Amazon. I sent the other merchant 7,162 click throughs so far this year and earned $19.64. I know that isn't a lot of trafic. But gee, that sucks. I was hoping Amazon might do better.

Well, if you get the same EPC as me that'd be $140+ which will help towards your hosting fees [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Меня зовут Динаму

LOL My hosting fees are over $100 a month all together. I have BIG high traffic sites. And, I think TH is giving me a break on the largest.

Amazon search is running so slow it is very tedeous to build links.

ABW Ambassador
    Sorry guys & gals I am exhausted. what is EPC again? Amount of income per 100 or 1000 clicks?

Andy Williams

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>My hosting fees are over $100 a month all together.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I have 10 - 15 sites and my hosting fee is $30 a month. 2 of the sites get more than 1000 uniques per day and most of the others in the range of 100-400 per day.

Andy Williams

Ssanf if you are getting that kind of traffic get with amazon, they might not pay as much %wise as others but they DO pay, also their reversal rates for me at least are far far than most, in fact I have not had any reversals in the last 3 months

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> that kind of traffic get with amazon <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, that is just the books. They are averaging 650 click throughs a month to one of my book sellers but they earn shoot, as you can see.

Hosting for all my sites combined is $130 a month. But remember, I own the major Pagan search engine and banner exchange as well as, you know, my sites.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread