Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Linkshare to Offer Automated LinkGenerator
    Just got this in the email from Linkshare. I have played with CJs Web Service, but haven't done anything with Linkshare's Web Services before.

LinkShare is pleased to announce a new Web services offering for affiliates, called Automated LinkGenerator. Web services are Web based applications that use open, XML-based standards and transport protocols to exchange data with clients.

Automated LinkGenerator creates LinkShare affiliate links for any product on a merchant's site that offers LinkGenerator. This new feature provides the same functionality as the LinkGenerator tool in the Individual Product Links interface, without having to log into the Affiliate Interface to get your links. This new tool does not replace Merchandiser (LinkShare's datafeed), but will be helpful for getting direct links from merchants that do not offer Merchandiser feeds.

Quote Originally Posted by SeymourButts
    Automated LinkGenerator creates LinkShare affiliate links for any product on a merchant's site that offers LinkGenerator.
    I guess the questions I would be asking is just how many merchants will be offering LinkGenerator? They did not specify and I would think affiliates would want to know this before they get to heavily involved with this.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    I got this email too on Thurs/Fri. To be honest, I have no idea how it work but I saw some wiki links on that email.

Guess this is something I have to learn over the weekend.

As Ron said, how many merchants will have it? I for one am in the dark about it and LS could have done a better job at pushing it to merchants first.

From my understanding of the announcement, it would be available for all merchants who have the "Create Your Own Link" option enabled.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

web dev with whiskers tn-morgen's Avatar
    It sounded very technical to me....

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread