View Poll Results: What party do you plan on voting for in the 2008 Presidential race?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely a Democrat

14 29.17%
  • Likely a Democrat

7 14.58%
  • It could go either way -- It's too close to call

6 12.50%
  • Likely a Republican

5 10.42%
  • Definitely a Republican

14 29.17%
  • Likely or Definitely a third party or None of the Above

2 4.17%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2008 Presidential Party Vote
    Just to simplify the other poll and get a feel for how many plan on voting for their party nomination no matter who it is, I thought this might be a revealing poll.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I don't vote party lines. Democracy (or more specifically, Representative Republics like ours) isn't about Left and Right.

It should be about the right to send the PERSON you want to represent you. And rarely, if ever, do people fall into one of two descriptions.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    I think I mentioned it in the other poll, but this could be the year when more people do NOT vote along party lines than anytime in the last 100 years.

Between Clinton on the Dem side and Guiliani on the GOP, who knows what the landscape might be, depending on who gets the nomination.

Like I said, it will be fun though! Dang, it's not even SUMMER of 2007 yet
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Tax Paying Member
    Voting party lines regardless of the candidate is one reason that our government is as inefficient as it is today.

This is not a sporting event.

Would someone really vote for a particular party when they beleive that there is a better candidate available???? This hypothetical person would problem shoot themselves in the foot for less obvious reasons.

The party system is just a means for thinning and organizing the field of candidates. These so called party platforms are a crock. I have some experience in the business. They are just another means of influencing Joe Voter and the media. Basically they mean squat when real decisions are made.

Take the process seriously..............Vote for yourself
    Last edited by Witzer; June 4th, 2007 at 12:27 PM.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Internet Cowboy
    Anyone who knows me knows that I should drive for NASCAR

The current administration has done more to harm their own party than any administration in recent history. My opinion of course.

I don't vote strictly party lines though. No matter what side of the aisle you are on, that is hard sometimes when the only candidate for your party is an idiot.

It has always struck me as odd that the Presidential ellection is looked upon as the number 1 way for the average citizen to make themselves heard in politics. We all know how poor the ellectoral college works, and that no presidential candidate has ever won by a thin enough margin that any individual vote would matter. I think we should all take greater interest in our regional politics where our votes aren't as diluted as they become at the national level. Besides, it's the Legislative Branch, your Congressmen and Senators, that make our laws and foreign policy. And it is your mayors and towncoucilmen that become your senators and congressmen. They are the ones who decide whether or not we go to war. So while we all get swept away with the 2008 presidential election coverage, let's all remember that men and women are voted into political office EVERY year, not just every 4.

I'd vote anyone but Giuliani. That man is really scary.

I think its funny that he's "Mr. 911", but recently the New York Fire Department invited all of the possible presidential candidates to debate, EXCEPT Giuliani. Google their letter regarding Giuliani, its quite touching. They can't stomach the man. Also, he's supposed to be Mr. Security, but he was told not to put the emergency control center in the twin towers, yet he did it anyways. Thats why he was pictured walking around the streets directing emergency crews, because his emergency control center was gone. Also, the radio equipment that the emergency crews had was severely wanting... Had they been properly outfitted the number saved may have been higher (or maybe they at least wouldn't have lost so many men). Talk about being in the right place at the right time! Had he left office of the mayor of New York City on 9/10, he would've held a much lower esteemed place in history.

Further testiment to his security credentials, apparently his official website had some really glaring security issues that were pointed out to the webmaster by a conscientious news agency. This is of course after his presidential plans were leaked by an aid or left behind somewhere (I can't remember) and then reported...

Of course, all of this is in addition to his horrible record on race relations, the brewing scandal involving his relationship with the New York Yankees and his possession of 4 severely undervalued World Series rings, his EXTREMELY public and messy family life, a personality and governance style bordering on that of a megalomaniac dictator, the whole "republican pretending to be a democrat pretending to be a republican" (thats his quote) flip-flopping on the issues, etc...

He tried to bend the rules and extend his mayoral term in January of 2002 because of the 9/11 attacks, but thankfully the attempt was unsuccessful and New York City managed to remain intact even without Giuliani... Which brings me to the point about the constitutionality of him accepting a knighthood from the Queen while holding a public office.

OK - so I'll get off my soapbox now. My husband and I were having a discussion similar to this. He mentioned he liked Giuliani. We decided to do a little research on him and were thoroughly disgusted... I like both Clinton and Obama, but feel Clinton may have too many people that don't like the "idea" of her. And even though I'm against the war, I do like McCain on the republican side.
    [IMG]http://www.centsible.net/images/centsible28x196.bmp[/IMG]
    Making Cents of the Internet

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Anyone who knows me knows that I should drive for NASCAR
    Scooter, question:

why is it impossible to successfully prosecute a NASCAR murder case?

A. the DNA is all the same and there are no dental records!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

"None of the above."

Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    Scooter, question:

Woah, Woah, Woah, Woah

I am not inbred (that I know of) and I have 7 of my original teeth remaining and I am a NASCAR fan!

Bad Alan

(PS you were thinking of murder investigations at the University of Alabama)
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I think it's really too early to say with any certainty. I don't think the so-called "frontrunners" a year ahead have ever ended up being the ones chosen during the time I've been old enough to care about politics.

At least the debates had some other issues besides the war. I do know for sure that the candidates' plans for domestic issues will have a lot to do with my decision on who to vote for.

But I probably won't pay a great deal of attention to any of it until the final candidates are chosen, unless for some reason I decide to vote in a primary (which I've never done before).
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by lschofield
    I'd vote anyone but Giuliani. That man is really scary.

I think its funny that he's "Mr. 911", but recently the New York Fire Department invited all of the possible presidential candidates to debate, EXCEPT Giuliani. Google their letter regarding Giuliani, its quite touching. They can't stomach the man. Also, he's supposed to be Mr. Security, but he was told not to put the emergency control center in the twin towers, yet he did it anyways. Thats why he was pictured walking around the streets directing emergency crews, because his emergency control center was gone. Also, the radio equipment that the emergency crews had was severely wanting... Had they been properly outfitted the number saved may have been higher (or maybe they at least wouldn't have lost so many men). Talk about being in the right place at the right time! Had he left office of the mayor of New York City on 9/10, he would've held a much lower esteemed place in history.

Further testiment to his security credentials, apparently his official website had some really glaring security issues that were pointed out to the webmaster by a conscientious news agency. This is of course after his presidential plans were leaked by an aid or left behind somewhere (I can't remember) and then reported...

Of course, all of this is in addition to his horrible record on race relations, the brewing scandal involving his relationship with the New York Yankees and his possession of 4 severely undervalued World Series rings, his EXTREMELY public and messy family life, a personality and governance style bordering on that of a megalomaniac dictator, the whole "republican pretending to be a democrat pretending to be a republican" (thats his quote) flip-flopping on the issues, etc...

He tried to bend the rules and extend his mayoral term in January of 2002 because of the 9/11 attacks, but thankfully the attempt was unsuccessful and New York City managed to remain intact even without Giuliani... Which brings me to the point about the constitutionality of him accepting a knighthood from the Queen while holding a public office.

OK - so I'll get off my soapbox now. My husband and I were having a discussion similar to this. He mentioned he liked Giuliani. We decided to do a little research on him and were thoroughly disgusted... I like both Clinton and Obama, but feel Clinton may have too many people that don't like the "idea" of her. And even though I'm against the war, I do like McCain on the republican side.
    Agree:

"Rudolph Giuliani, think would be very easy to beat. Too much ammo."

http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=37

They would have a mess on their hands with him. It wouldn't suprise me if something else came up (bigger stuff), I think they're waiting for later on.

Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx

Similar joke:

What has six legs and 11 teeth?

A: The night crew at Waffle House.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I'm registered as an independent because I can't really identify with either of the major parties. Usually my vote is with the GOP but this time it's really up in the air.

The sad thing is the ever growing level of hatred between the majors and their inability to find common ground.

I wish they would let Edwin Edwards run from prison for the Governor of Louisiana. It would be fun to see how good he would do.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Similar joke:

What has six legs and 11 teeth?

A: The night crew at Waffle House.
    yet another....

Just a sure tell sign you're a red n - - -...

You were fired from Waffle House for violation of the dress code.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    I agree with a lot of the sentiment on this board. This might be a strange race. Depending on how lame and how "party line" the primary winners are you might see a huge turnout on the independant or third party ticket.

Remember Ross Perot? He had some strange behavior and practically pulled out of the race 15 years ago.

Yet he got 19% of the vote in my state... The winner got around 43% if I remember right!

If the independant pulls about 10% of the total votes more from each of the "established" parties we have a third party president!

How much worse could that be than the 2 alternatives? And I think that is what everyone might be thinking.

Exciting times.

My catch and release platform for 2008 is gathering momentum. I've already received word that Green Peace, Moveondotorg, Air America, Sierra club, the AFL/CIO, teachers union, VFCR (Veegans for catch and release) and CFLTG (citizens for letting trout go) will endorse my campaign. So I'm on my way to NH!!!

I think that this election I may actually have a shot by doing nothing more than staying away from issues like terrorism, Iraq, healthcare reform, and immigration, and just spreadig the word on the benefit of C & R. Of course, B.A.S.S. opposes my platform vehemently, and passed a resolution stating their opposition during their annual board meeting at the Waffle House!

I'm not sure how well this poll translates to the country as a whole (I bet it's pretty close), but here's what I get out of it:

1) It's fairly evenly divided between Republican and Democrat. If you look only at "definites", it's 10 to 7 in favor of Republicans. If you include "likely", it's 12 to 11 in favor of Democrats.

2) The undecideds (4 out of 27, or as much as 10 out of 27 if you include everyone who isn't "definite") will determine the outcome, but they're not a big enough group (and they're probably too varied in their opinions) to get a third party elected.

3) The Republicans are much more strongly behind their party, with 10 of 11 being definite. Democrats are much less behind their party, with just 7 out of 12 being definite. This one actually surprises me.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Michael, it is literally the complete opposite nationwide, with the exception being that the undecideds are much larger.

Recent polls show that the President has approval of about 32-35% and Democrats at 34-38%.

Democrats are much more definite and Republicans are divided.

The ABW crowd is just weird.
    Matt McWilliams

I'm not sure how well this poll translates to the country as a whole (I bet it's pretty close), but here's what I get out of it:

1) It's fairly evenly divided between Republican and Democrat. If you look only at "definites", it's 10 to 7 in favor of Republicans. If you include "likely", it's 12 to 11 in favor of Democrats.
    I think it's important to note, that the poll location may skew the results as opposed to a national opinion.

The site, itself makes the difference. It is visited by people involved in affiliate marketing, whether as a merchant or affiliate or OPM, these are likely to be far more entrepreneurial, pro-business, pro-independence and small government types. Which usually translates into a republican bias.

It is exactly why when we hear poll results from the pundits we must take them with a grain of salt. So many factors influence the results, they can easily be manipulated to reflect what the pollster wants them to reflect.

If anything I'm shocked by how tight the numbers are, but again this could be do to the limiting of who can vote on the poll. (I'm not yet allowed to do so, and am sure there are many others) So, it's an interesting thing to look at, but I don't think it actually reflects true opinion well at this point.

No, this certainly isn't a scientific poll. Not only because of the factors you mentioned, but also the very small sample size, the polling mechanism, and numerous other things. It's still interesting, though.

I would think that there would be a Republican bias here, too, but you never know. Technology is usually more concentrated on the East and West coast, which are much more liberal. I know we had a poll here before the last presidential election, and I'd love to see how it compared with the nationwide polls at the time (and the end result). I seem to remember that it was pretty close.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

No, this certainly isn't a scientific poll. Not only because of the factors you mentioned, but also the very small sample size, the polling mechanism, and numerous other things. It's still interesting, though.
    Indeed, I just get so little opportunity to use that poli-sci stuff I learned in college, I like to do it when I can.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I do not know how much of the political slurs I will be able to take this year, but at least there will be a variety of plausible choices. Isuspect, though, that none of them have the gonads to rise above petty bickering and actually discuss specific plans before the election.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

I would think that there would be a Republican bias here, too, but you never know. Technology is usually more concentrated on the East and West coast, which are much more liberal. I know we had a poll here before the last presidential election, and I'd love to see how it compared with the nationwide polls at the time (and the end result). I seem to remember that it was pretty close.
    I would've voted too, but I don't get too (waiting on my permanent residency card here I suppose?). I think the results would pretty much mirror the country if the restrictions weren't on the vote. Would be interesting.
    [IMG]http://www.centsible.net/images/centsible28x196.bmp[/IMG]
    Making Cents of the Internet

Being someone who leans pretty hard to the right in his political views, it would take a lot for me to want to vote for someone who runs under a party that pushes a lot of social / financial issues that I don't agree with. That is, I would probably have a tough time voting for a Dem.

However, I get caught in the third-party dilemma. Namely, is it more important to me to vote for the person that can do the best job, regardless of electability, or should I vote for the person from a major party that can win so that someone I like less doesn't get elected?

For me, it will come down to the two front-runners. If I can't discern between them (e.g., McCain or Guiliani is the Republican nominee, who are, in my opinion, closet democrats masquerading as Republicans), I would not have any problem voting for a third-party. However, if someone like Romney was nominated, I might vote for him even if I liked someone better just to help ensure that someone I liked less (Clinton, Obama...) wasn't elected.

All of that, and I'm a registered voter in the state of Texas. In the end, my state will probably go with the Republican nominee regardless of what I do... It seems like my vote counts "less" than Floridians or Ohio-ites...
    Chris Sturgill
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals." - H. Simpson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast