Yahoo offers free access to Panama PPC API
    I just saw this on TechCrunch. Yahoo is giving advertisers free access to their Panama API so that you can automate PPC tasks.

http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/06/04...h-api-program/

Pretty cool... When is MSN Adcenter going to do the same?
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff
    I just saw this on TechCrunch. Yahoo is giving advertisers free access to their Panama API so that you can automate PPC tasks.

http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/06/04...h-api-program/

Pretty cool... When is MSN Adcenter going to do the same?
    It's going to be both free and paid, probably along the same current model as AdWords.

AdCenter does have an API, it's not as open/documented as Yahoo/Google - contact a rep and they can set you up. Typically it's for a larger spend, though.

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    What I'm hoping to see -- now that Yahoo has an available API -- is free offline campaign management software, along the lines of Google AdWords Editor. The Yahoo "panama" campaign interface is slow, and it constantly crashes my Internet Explorer to the point that I have to use Firefox.

All this is pretty much moot if I don't start seeing better ROI from Yahoo's PPC. It hasn't done too well for me in the past. In my experience, MSN and Google still do much better than Y. I'm hoping that "panama" will turn things around with changed bidding terms (the bidding formula now incorporates relevance instead of just a straight bidding system as they had before). I'm just slowly ramping up with Yahoo again since the rollout of panama, to see if it can be profitable with my campaigns. An offline editor would sure help. There's still no PPC interface even remotely close to Google's in terms of usability.

MSN --> incredibly slow, clunky, non-intuitive, and improvements are few and far between (good ROI though).

Yahoo --> slow, crashy, but improving (worst of the three top-tier PPC's in terms of ROI for me).

Google --> great interface, constant improvements, great offline editor (ROI is between MSN's and Yahoo's, and of course the constant threat of their dreaded "Google Slaps" and other arbitrary algorithmic actions that raise minimum bids to outlandish heights).

it constantly crashes my Internet Explorer to the point that I have to use Firefox
    You should use Firefox anyway!

But you're right...Panama's interface is slooooowww.

Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread