ABW Ambassador
    Normally I start with Active Topics and go through the list of interesting ones and read those. Lately though I must be reading at exactly 00:00 / midnight forum time as one minute the active topics list is huge, then i click it again and ...boom..nothing. I wish it was "Active topics in the last 24 hours" not "Today's active topics" ...

So anyway I'm just wondering what your strategy for reading ABW is? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

There are simply way too many forums to read each and every one... but... I always feel like I'm missing something when I miss a day or a week or whatever, and then only rely on Active Topics...

--
    ...only in the affiliates interest...
    The Newer Nicer Joseph [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Interesting topic. I typically start with the CJ forum, Midnight Cafe, Search Engine Insight, in that order. These forums I visit daily.

Other forums on random basis include LS, ABW Voting booth, ABW family, Performics, Befree, in that order. The rest once in a full moon. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I agree with Joseph. It would be cool to see the active posts of the past 24 hours. Or even 48 hours! Personally, I look at the active list first and then move on to Search Engine Insites. Usually scan the other forums if I have time.

I'm sure a LOT of the forums could be condensed... add similars together.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I live and read by the New Posts feature (in the very top menu right below the banner ad). You still miss stuff if you've missed a day or two through, but the newest stuff since your last visit will be there. I'll go to the individual forum's front pages and scan quickly the message subjects if I've been away a couple of days after reading the new posts. But with the volume of new posts, it can be quite a job catching up if you've missed a few days. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I used to do just like BLFH and hit "new posts" at top right hand corner. That now ends with the stupid calender: link which I've clicked on once. Could it be it no longer appears after I upgraded to IE6.0? Now I'm forced to look at the dates in the sections or use the New Tpoics link which has strange results.

WebMaster Mike

Mike,

Do you no longer see the New Posts link? I have Calender :: Home :: New Posts :: Tools ::

I'm also using IE 6.0

@ webmastermike try adjusting your settings from 768x576 to 800x600 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I usually start at the top take a quick browse down to see what catches my eye read them first then I go back and read the other interesting posts.

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

I read abw from left to right but sometimes right to left, usually left to right though.

ABW Ambassador
    It doesn't matter what the topic is I just like to post what ever is on my mind in public places. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

I do a different thing each day. I wish, however, that there was a feature that let me see replies to posts. I mean, if someone was so kind as to respond to a post of mine, I would hate to miss it. I actually spend a little bit of time going through posts I had participated in to make sure I read all the mud slung in my direction.

.thgir ot tfel morf reisae tol a s'ti ees nac ouy sa

ABW Ambassador
    I read it all. Every time i sign in, i just look at the triangles to the very left. I look for yellow triangles.

Sales are everywhere, sales are mine.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I wish, however, that there was a feature that let me see replies to posts. I mean, if someone was so kind as to respond to a post of mine, I would hate to miss it. I actually spend a little bit of time going through posts I had participated in to make sure I read all the mud slung in my direction. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] When you've posted in a thread, just click on the "PopIt" icon at the bottom of the screen. You will then be notified of all replies to that thread. You can then go into the "MyPop" link at the top of every page. Click on subscriptions and you can say how you want to be notified. On your MyPop page or by emails at different intervals. You never have to miss a thing.

Hmm yeah I always forget about all those features too.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah... I don't know a lot about this software. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] I don't even know how to check my PM's .. I got one recently and I was able to read it only because it showed up on Active Topics.. oh well. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Reading everything would take entirely too long.. Lately I've just been hitting active topics then browsing a few of the forums I'm most interested in, and, I'm sure I miss about 50%..but.. oh well. I figure if its really important it'll reappear on active topics sooner or later when I happen to read.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

--
    ...only in the affiliates interest...
    The Newer Nicer Joseph [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>It would be cool to see the active posts of the past 24 hours. Or even 48 hours! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll change out the nav bar with a heir menu and under newest posts I'll put in options for today, 1 day, 2 days and seven days, until then you can use the following links:

1 FULL Day:
    http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=srch...h&dt=1days-ago

from 2 Days ago:
    http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=srch...h&dt=2days-ago

From a week ago:
    http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=srch...h&dt=7days-ago

===========

Joseph,

To learn how to use the software see:

http://www.abestweb.com/FAQ.htm

For PopIt(TM) options see:

http://www.abestweb.com/FAQ.htm#Personal_Pages

===========

There is a new version of the software that will be released later this month that has an easier GUI, I'm pretty sure all will love it.

Oh and to answer the Q ... I click the newest posts link in the navbar and work my way through the list.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

And Haiko, please add the standard new posts link to the this nav bar:

MyPop™ | register | search | faq | forum home

This one is on all forums unlike the one in the header.

I also use only the new posts link and I frequenly have to click forum home to get to a screen with the new posts link on it.

--scott

--
    Scott Jangro
    sjangro@befree.com

I was wondering this question myself since I am relatively new to the site. Nice to hear other takes on how to sift through all of this information!

Sam Harrelson
    SubscriberBASE
    Columbia, SC 29209

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread