Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Target Links a Little Screwey
    I was on Performics looking through the available links for Target and noticed they are all jumbled up. You may want to look into that...

0703|Performics|DolceBuffet|Text Link||20070607|20120607|
    0808|Performics|DigitalFrame|Text Link||20070607|20120607|
    0724|Performics|RobinsonBikini|Text Link||20070607|20120607|
    etc

Affiliate Network Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by SeymourButts
    I was on Performics looking through the available links for Target and noticed they are all jumbled up. You may want to look into that...

0703|Performics|DolceBuffet|Text Link||20070607|20120607|
    0808|Performics|DigitalFrame|Text Link||20070607|20120607|
    0724|Performics|RobinsonBikini|Text Link||20070607|20120607|
    etc

We're aware, and working on a solution to this. We have populated the link comment field of each link template with a readable description. I hope to have the problem resolved in about a month. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Larry Adams
    Affiliate Product Manager

ABW Ambassador
    Unfortunately, I've gone down to $0 Target sales. I hate to do it because they produced well for a long time, but if I can't get individual product links I'm going to have to remove them altogether this month so 3rd QTR isn't a total bust.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    Unfortunately, I've gone down to $0 Target sales. I hate to do it because they produced well for a long time, but if I can't get individual product links I'm going to have to remove them altogether this month so 3rd QTR isn't a total bust.
    That's true. That was atleast one piece of functionality that was lost going from LS to Performics. I wonder if there is a plan to implement a "Build Your Own Link" option like some of the other performics merchants have.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by SeymourButts
    That's true. That was atleast one piece of functionality that was lost going from LS to Performics. I wonder if there is a plan to implement a "Build Your Own Link" option like some of the other performics merchants have.
    That's the key. It may be one thing for people who do PPC or have a site that's a datafeed dump where surfers browse, but for niche market, very specific product lines (which happen to convert well), a completely uncategorized feed and no individual linking capability make it impossible to get links for specific niche products.

It's unfortunate, but there's no choice.

Affiliate Network Rep
    That's the key. It may be one thing for people who do PPC or have a site that's a datafeed dump where surfers browse, but for niche market, very specific product lines (which happen to convert well), a completely uncategorized feed and no individual linking capability make it impossible to get links for specific niche products.

It's unfortunate, but there's no choice.

There is a way to pull ASINs off Target's site to build product specific links. The one caveat is that they aren't currently sending us all products so you have to test the link before you use it.

You need a data feed link from us to do this (but you don't actually need to receive a data feed). The link provided to you will be of the format:

http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/ddi...ID#&pid=#ASIN#

I'm attaching an html page that can be used to generate and test these links for you.

Enter your link ID (if you have a DDI link, use that...otherwise you can use the ID listed for the Primary link ID in the My Active Links section for Target)

Pull ASIN's off the target site and plug them into the page.

You'll be prompted to allow the script special permissions (so that the local file can communicate to the target server). You need to allow the script to communicate with target's server in order for the page to work.

The page will try to find the product in our feed and will redirect successfully if it does. If the product isn't included in our feed, you won't get a successful link. For some reason, they aren't sending us everything so you can't just pull any ASIN from the site.

Try it out if you have a few minutes and let me know if it works. You have to download it and use it locally because of the security issues of Javascript talking to an external server.

Note that right now, I think this only works in Firefox...I had it working in IE earlier, but changed something and haven't been able to figure out what. If someone wants to clean up the script, send me the results and I'll update the attachment on the post.

Larry Adams
    Affiliate Product Manager
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by l_adams; June 7th, 2007 at 05:06 PM.

Same here. I had used the BYOL in Linkshare and now I am unable to offer my users the same products that were selling well. There is a ton of products missing from the datafeed. What I understood through conversations with the Target affiliate manager at LS was the only products not offered there was books, media that are through Amazon. I am loosing money.

Tami

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread