Javascript bug in IE coming from Google AdSense?
    Google AdSense site was down for a few hours today. Now it is up again but inconceivable things happen All websites that have Google Adsense on their pages show a javascript bug (an alert in the left down corner) in all versions of IE, but not in other browsers. It happened just an hour ago or so. I figirued that out when suddenly found the issue on my pages that is easily resolved by taking away AdSense. Any website with AdSense has currently the same problem. Does anyone know what it can be??

ABW Ambassador
    This must have been an issue on your end as AdSense was not down for several hours yesterday (nor likely at all) nor was I experiencing any issues on my site or others and I use IE6. My stats don't reflect any downtime either. Do yours?

I did experience the same infuriating issue yesterday -- IE kept trying to load the debugger, once for each of the four ads in an ad block on one of my sites. Nothing had changed on my site, so I assumed that Google must have changed its code (or, less likely, a recent MS update might have changed things).

I disabled script debugging in MSIE, to avoid the problem rather than deal with it. ;-)

ABW Ambassador
    Which version of IE are you guys using?

That was really problem with Google AdSense. Later I found a thread about it also at WebmasterWorld http://www.webmasterworld.com/google...se/3359471.htm. At that time I tested both with IE6 and IE7 and both showed the problem, however in Mozilla and Opera everything worked fine. It lasted for several hours, then Google luckily fixed it.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread