Question What does Advanced Sale mean
    Just made a nice sale with one of my merchants, I have had much larger sales with them in the past but this sale says "Advanced Sale" but commission is show $0.00 What does "Advanced Sale" mean?? Is it possible I may still get my $150 commission??

Status new
    Action Type Advanced Sale
    Event Date 3-Jun-2007 09:39 PDT
    Amount $2,599.80
    Commission $0.00
    Total Corrected $0.00

I think those are whre you can click the detail, and see the actual SKU's of the items that were bought.

I have no idea why it shows $0? maybe its one of those merchants that pays after it ships, or after the return days are over? I think some travel places wait until the trip is taken to credit it.. maybe its something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by ReallyBigGuy
    I think those are whre you can click the detail, and see the actual SKU's of the items that were bought.....
    Yes I followed the details and they bought 20 of the same item and it did give me the SKU number but I did a search on their site and did not find the number.

I just sent them an email to ask them the status of the sale is. I have made large sales with them in the past and do not remember seeing "Advanced Sale" before.

ABW Ambassador
    Click on the Advertiser's name to bring up the Advertiser Detail and see if Advanced Sale is defined there.

If it's for a product, it's likely that the merchant doesn't credit the commission until either the product is shipped or the customer return period has ended. Alternatively, the merchant could credit the commission and then reverse it if the product is returned or the sale is fraudulent.

In the case of a travel booking, an Advanced Sale is one that may be commissioned upon completion of the travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    Click on the Advertiser's name to bring up the Advertiser Detail and see if Advanced Sale is defined there......
    No they say nothing about what Advanced sales, and its not a travel site so I guess I will wait and see if they responed to my email.

Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    I think it's what HSN used to do? They don't do it anymore but I know another merchant that started, forgot which one.

Where instead of you getting the commission right now and it possibly being reversed later, it shows as $0 now and if there are no issues, then you get the commission.

But could be wrong on that one.

Hi All, just got an email from the affiliate manager and the item I sold (20 of them for $128 each) is a none commission item. To bad the 5% commission would of paid for coffee for a month or two

$2560.00 and not a penny earned from that!

Sad

Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

ABW Ambassador
    Is it listed in their terms that's it's a non-commission item?

The $0 commission doesn't have anything to do with it being an Advanced Sale. A normal "Sale" just reports the order total. An "Advanced Sale" reports the individual items ordered. Either type (Sale or Advanced Sale) could potentially be a $0 commission depending on the merchant and the product.

Some examples of why you might see $0 commissions:

1) Non-commissionable products. (Yes, that stinks.)
    2) Travel products often report the booking and the completed transaction separately and only compensate for completed transactions.
    3) Some merchants report the order and shipment separately and only compensate for shipped items.
    4) It could be an error on behalf of the merchant.

You should definitely look into it to see why it's a $0 commission, but the "Advanced Sale" doesn't have anything to do with it.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

A slight detour from the original topic, but.....

If non-commissionable item is the case, you should check to see if the vendor is including items of this class in their affiliate feed.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by kse
    Hi All, just got an email from the affiliate manager and the item I sold (20 of them for $128 each) is a none commission item. To bad the 5% commission would of paid for coffee for a month or two
    I wouldn't have a merchant on my sites if they're not going to pay me for every item that I sold for them.

Replace them with another merchants that does pay you for the items that you sell.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Is it listed in their terms that's it's a non-commission item?
    Yes, this item was listed as Non-commission item

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread