http and a telephoto
    Caution: Sappy Post Ahead (I blame the meds)
    June 2005 I stepped off of a plane in Las Vegas to attend my first Affiliate Summit and met people in person that I only knew online from ABW. June 2006 I had a nervous breakdown and my ABW family got me through it. June 2007 I realized that I made it through the month of May without crawling in a hole and hiding... I was actually told "that's not allowed".

Some of you won't know what or why, and that's ok, the point of this post is to publically thank the people that made a difference in the last year, and they are all people I met right here and went on to meet in person at Summits and finally in NYC in April.

There are 2 people who talked me through last June, sometimes spending hours on the phone with me, and for that I am eternally grateful, not only to them, but to their understanding "better halves" that allowed me to cut into their time. Those 2 people know who they are and they know they helped me turn the corner to start healing.

This May, people went out of their way to make sure I didn't hide, made sure I went to NYC, spent hours on the phone with me, made sure I was ok. Special thanks to Haiko, NyFalcon, Billy Kay, Jesse K, Angel, Donuts, Scooter, Shawn, Brian, Missy, Connie, Anne, Carolyn, Rexanne and Staril. Staril wasn't here in person, but she is always here when I need an ear in the middle of the night when the rest of you are sleeping...

Everyone has sadness and pain in their lives, we don't get over it, we learn to live with it. Haiko and NyFalcon both echo the same words that have been constant in my head the past couple of months "Look to the future". Billy Kay's words also echo "Life is all about memories, make new ones".

The pain of the past is taking it's proper place and isn't overwhelming me. I am starting to look to the future instead of dwelling on the past. This May, for the first time in 5 years, I was able to say "Happy Mother's Day" without tears, I have been able to focus (really guys, I am focused ) on living, instead of hiding away until the pain passed.

So to my ABW family of new kids (toooo many of you are young enough to be my children ), my big brothers and sisters, to the bird that is teaching me to fly, and even to the ever scowling chetf's of the board.... I say... thank you for being part of my life and let's make the future a fun and safe place to be.

(I'm betting Billy didn't get past the first paragraph )

Loxster,

You are much stronger than you think, but as I've told ya ...

One foot in yesterday, one foot in tomorrow and you'll be pissing on today - Michael J. Fox

... So live today and plan for the future, only!

Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Deb,

It's kind of cool these days how people can transcend the boundaries of time zones, thousands of miles, and even oceans, and can "be there" for each other without actually being there.

Haiko, I love the quote from Michael J Fox

Fathers Day kind of sucks the last few years since my dad died, but I am always amazed at how many people pick up the phone or shoot me an email on that day and the days leading up to it.

You know we luv ya
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    My family is dealing with a lot of pain these days and it is so true that we all handle it better when we handle it together.

Today I received an email from one of my cousins and she quoted something very powerful, and true and helpful. "Grief is the price you pay for having loved someone."

Here's a toast to better days ahead, Deb.

We luv ya' Deb .... we're all family here.

Here's to looking at the future!
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Loxly, I'm sorry for whatever pain you're carrying.

This must be quite some community.

Ride It Like You Stole It CowgirlUp's Avatar
    Loxly, I remember a while back reading a post where you talked about why May is so hard for you. It just absolutely teared me up. I could not even imagine going through that. The fact that you're still here, sane, and smiling is testament to what an amazing person you are! I hope to some day meet you in person at a summit.

I like what you said about how the pain never goes away, one only learns to deal with it better. That is so true! Memorial weekend is always hard for me and then this past memorial weekend a girlfriend of mine suddenly passed away. But I had a few special friends here that really made me smile and greatful I have found such a great community.
    Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Loxly -

I keep reading and rereading this post and all I can say is WOW.

Kudos to you for your strength and to all of those that lent you some of theirs when you were running low.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

What a beautiful thing.

How blessed you are, Deb, to have such an online family. How privileged I feel to be even a tiny part of the whole wonderful, weird bunch of people that make up this online hangout.

God's rich blessings to you and to the whole bunch of you/us!
    Generate more fake news.

Lox: We all know you'd do the same for any of us. And have.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Hey Deb, a year ago I remember hearing the sadness and hoping the best for you. Today I hear the optimism, and I am happy for you. You've had the ultimate sadness in life, dealt with it, and have found the good that lies ahead.

No doubt, life IS about memories, and creating them is the most enjoyable part of life. To many many great memories yet to be created...

Alan
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

In the short time I have worked with you Deb you have been great. Your friendliness and willingness to help has been AWESOME.

I love the saying that "You cannot plan your life but you can plan on how you react to life" that is where optimism is truly powerful. Sometimes though that is easier said than done.

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    **************************hugs*************************
    You have more of that coming in Miami. Plus you have to remember Deb, how much strength we all draw from you as well.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

I agree with Angel, I've gained much strength and wisdom from you both personally and here at ABW. Realize that even though you have received help, you have helped others in ways you may or will never know. I personally thank you and hope you know I'm here for you if you ever need someone to talk to.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I think it's really wonderful how this group of people comes together to hold each other up. I've experienced it and I've watched it happen with others.

Loxly, you're a valuable part of our lives and hopefully the strength you can draw from knowing that will help you hold on when the rough days happen.

Congratulations, Loxly!

Congratulations for gaining and keeping sincere friendships at ABW to help you go through tough times in your life and be there you need them. That's not an easy thing to do online, let alone at a business forum, so you should be proud of the accomplisment that you are a good enough person to deserve and receive their unconditional affection and care.

http and a telephoto
    Well, I don't know how much strength I have given in the past year, since I drew so much from others, but you all prove once again that this is one big family. We squabble, we outright yell at each other, we cajole and we encourage each other. It isn't all peaches and cream, people here have made me face hard truths, which has helped in the long run. I get hugs when I need them and kicked it the butt when I need that too

A wise woman told me when my son Dan died in 2002 that she lost her son in a car accident also and her words have been with me since then.. she said "It will get much worse before it gets better... but just know that it WILL get better. The pain won't go away, but you will learn to live with it."

She was right. And it takes a family to help you learn to live with it.

Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I have never met you Loxly, but from my time here at ABW you are one of the people I would love to meet. Perhaps I will eventually attend a conference that I will do so.

http and a telephoto
    Would love to meet you too, and word has it if you visit Vegas I have a guest room that is available to almost anyone
    Deborah Carney

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I'm betting Billy didn't get past the first paragraph
    Dang! I have a "Sappy Filter" for my email program, but not for ABW posts.

I READ it!!! The whole thing! How can I un-read it????

LOLOL

OK! It's been a week! Vacation's over! Make some links. Sign some deals. Go to some dinners - or whatever it is you OPM types do for a living!!

At 11AM tomorrow, Jesse finishes 7th grade, and I'll be unavailble for trips to urgent care until September - so get healthy.... QUICK!!

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    <bustin' deb's chops>

Thursday 07-JUN-2007 00:40 Personal Creations 9731 Mini Champagne Bottle Favors - Case of 24 $574.90 5

Someone just bought 5 cases of champagne from one of my links!

See what happens when you're healthy and make links!!!!

<Done bustin' Deb's chops>

Smile Group hug time for Momma Loxly

And remember ... this woman has a lot to answer for ... she's the one who introduced me to the wonderful world of affilate marketing

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Love you too, momma Thanks for always being there for me too!

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    At 11AM tomorrow, Jesse finishes 7th grade

I hope you two have a great summer.
    Last edited by loxly; June 7th, 2007 at 12:05 PM. Reason: fixed quote bracket

http and a telephoto
    Leave it to Billy to call bed rest on pain killers a "vacation" But that's a different thread altogether

**hugs*** to everyone....
    Deborah Carney

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread