2 Free Full Passes to Summit Contest
    Contest open to all ABW members.

Entrants post a blurb, paragraph or dissertation (whatever works for ya) as to why another member (of your choosing) should be given the Free Pass. Best convincing story wins. But, here's the twist, the post author and the member they selected both win the FULL FREE PASS to the Affiliate Summit in Miami!

If the selected member (the one written about in the winning post) already has a pass, they get to select who they want the free pass to go to from the list of entrants (posters) in this thread

Contest is open from now until Thursday June 14th at midnight.

Winning post announcement will be on Friday the 15th at Noon EST.

Entrants may enter as often as they'd like, only stipulation is that each post has to be unique (can't copy the same great post and just insert another member's name).

Note: If there are multiple good posts, there may be more than just two Free Full free passes given, so make 'em good.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    Should be Michael Coley
    From my perspective, it should be Michael Coley as he helped highlight an issue that was going on with a website of mine. And so helped me to join this forum and realize the benefits of participating here. One such benefits being joining the ABW best voted network (SaS) and now promoting hundreds of SaS merchants (means more commissions).

Apart from the above, Michael is a great contributor here and seems to be championing the causes of coupon sites very well here.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Trust, M-Coley and Leader. They are here everyday w/o fail. Not sure if Trust and Leader ever take a break. Not only do they know what are they doing, they help people day in and day out. They are objective moderators and are the pillars of ABW. Sorry, can't settle with one.

Other honorable mention:
    Donuts and Scooter - knowledgable twins and they call it as they see it. Chuck Hamrick, the spam, spyware slayer.

I think most people I mentioned here are already going to the summit

Let's all Send Dirk Gardner to Affiliate Summit
    I would truly, truly like to see Dirk Gardner win a pass to Summit. Dirk has been an active affiliate for nearly a decade but has never, ever been able to make it to an Affiliate Summit. He has been quite unselfish in helping others (hours training me php for example) and most notably here on ABW for his award winning post, Building UNIQUE autoupdating bulletproof datafeed sites that sell, where he freely gave away is own secrets of how to make sites that sell using datafeeds. Dirk has been a friend, a mentor and more and I’d love to be able to get him to the next summit to meet all the wonderful people here at ABW in person. Plus, I owe him a meal and a drink!!!

Dirk – If you win this you can room at the Intercontinental with me for free. You just need to cover the airfare!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Online Marketing Consultant
    My vote goes for Rexanne.

Rexanne has been a member who always picks people up and keeps them going. She sends out positive messages about everyone and is always happy to be a backbone and an ear when you need someone to lean on.

When you meet her in person, you above and beyond feel the energy that she gives off and you cannot help but to smile and get ready to learn, have fun and think up new ideas. Asides from motivating us, in person, she causes you to think about things and helps you to brainstorm new ideas.

Rexanne is not just a valuable member to this forum, but she is also a truely fabulous person and mother who deserves a break. This summer she is sending her daughter to europe and at the same time taking care of her other wonderful daughters, however with all that parenting and running a site, even a super mom like Rex needs a break. What better way to get a break then to get a free pass to affiliate summit.

Now, there are a ton of people in here who are saying they are nervous and asking tons of questions because it is their first conference, let alone an affiliate conference. With someone like Rexanne there, with her constant winning smile and energy, she not only gets them to join the crowd by introducing them around,(especially to valuable contacts you may have never met, I know this from experience) but she will help to further the bonds between ABW members. Hell look at Loxly and Me. If it wasn't for Rex inviting us out and making sure we were all always happy, we wouldnt be talking on the phone every week or so, we wouldn't have been introduced and helped to find topics we both have in common, and we wouldn't have gotten her to put her camera down for a minute to have some fun!!!!!

I could go on and on about why this extremely deserving person not only deserves a pass, but I am sure there are others who feel the same.

Rexanne is always giving and never asks for anything in return. It is time we as a community give something back!

I already have a ticket so if Rex wins, I want the other ticket to go up on e-bay and be auctioned off to raise money for a local AIDS charity since it is international Pride month. If we are not able to do that, then we can pick someone else.
    Last edited by Liquidate; June 7th, 2007 at 09:38 PM. Reason: wanted to bold the point and conclusion
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Michael Nunez gets my vote.

Saluta is a first class management outfit.

He's provided some of the best tools going this year.

His merchants are amongst the best there are on this board.

He's a solid contributor.

I'm sure he's already been given or has bought a pass, as he, like me, would be nuts not to be there... But he rarely gets the thanks he deserves, IMHO...
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Affiliate Manager PingoPrepaidCallingCards's Avatar
    Eric at Wyndham Vacation Resorts
    Ok ABW Folks.

There is a real reason why Eric should be nominated for this ticket as he was nominated for most vocal in the Industry award at this upcoming Linkshare 07 Awards Dinner.

Eric has stayed on top of the industry and is always willing to lend a hand to help people you out. I've been given a stream of emails of support from Eric over the last year and appreciate every one of them. I'm sure the dozen's of other contacts Eric has developed and haven't spoken yet to this post, also appreciate it as well.

So the ticket award goes to..... Eric at Wyndham Vacation Resorts

P.S. Were expecting our first child any day now and the only reason that my 9 month pregnant wife allowed me out of the house for the LinkShare event, was that Pingo got nominated for best online merchanding award.

So....If anyone wants to nominate me, I'll have a good enough of an excuse to be let ouf of the house.

But again, Eric should really win this ticket, I've always told him that I wish I could be just half as productive of an AM, as Eric is.
    Brian Hawkins AM @ [URL=http://www.pingo.com/affiliate.do]Pingo[/URL] Earn up to $35 CPA for a [URL=http://www.pingo.com/p/onedollar/onedollar.html]$1 trial offer[/URL]!
    [URL=http://www.twitter.com/TelecomAgents]@TelecomAgents[/URL] [URL=http://www.twitter.com/telephonecard]@TelephoneCard[/URL]

Could we get more posts about people who DONT already have tickets?
    Continued Success,

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    Donuts
    Not sure if Donuts already has tickets. Most likely he does. Despite that, I think he deserves to be mentioned for participating eagerly on all forums, especially on PPC/SEM related topics and help out. More importantly, I like his writing style, clarity and humor and that makes his posts well worth reading

I nominate EComCity Mike, because I'd love to hear him tell the Adwhore wanks what he really thinks of them.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

For someone who probably doesn't already have a ticket, I would nominate Mack. He's been very helpful to me, and has aggressively sought to help out a new AM. When I tried to say thanks with a little $, he preferred that I give it to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. That's quality.

Anywho, here's one vote for a new guy who seem to have his head on straight.
    Chris Sturgill
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals." - H. Simpson

Many of the people already mentioned would be great candidates, but most of them probably already have passes. So...how about PopDawg. I never read a dull post by him. He has a unique way with words, and, well, he got soul.

Continued Success,

Haiko

Leader for sure
    Leader's been a guiding light and an inspiration in this forum for as long as I can remember. She's opinionated, but she always backs up her opinions with valid reasoning, so that's a good thing.

If I want to find the truth about any issue I can always search for a Leader post on the subject.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Could we get more posts about people who DONT already have tickets?
    How are we supposed to know who hasn't already got a ticket?

I met Jmoore at the summit last time around and we chatted for quite a while. Judi was very friendly and I was glad to meet her at the summit. She is very helpful and will provide any information she thinks will be of help to anyone (within reasonable confidentiality of course). In fact, I remember her giving a new affiliate manager some great tips about a new program just about to launch.

Since returning from Las Vegas that time I try to keep track of Judi’s posts and was happy to see her husband Dave joining up and making contributions to ABW. Then sadden to see Dave take a turn and end up in hospital for a while. But looks like he’s okay now!!

So, in thanking Judi for her good advice, company at the summit, and her community contribution to ABW, I would like to nominate her for a free pass to the summit. Not only that, I don’t particularly need a pass, so I would request that the second pass be made available for her husband Dave, so they can both share a wonderful time in Miami.

Alan Hamilton set up the first ABW / affiliate marketing get-together in Denver Colorado for June 27th. I think it’s great of Alan to extend a new ABW’s presence in Colorado and hopefully it will grow to bigger and better things as time goes on. Obviously, it gives us a chance to meet up outside the affiliate summit, to get to know each other better, and discuss affiliate and marketing issues locally!

Also, Alan is very active on ABW and is always there to greet new members, and posts on many issues from the thoughtful to the enjoyable.

So I would like to nominate Alan for a free pass the affiliate summit.

Kelli (Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way) provides unique services to protect merchants and affiliates from parasitical commercial interests. She also posts threats and parasitical examples and methods free of charge on ABW.

Parasites may reduce affiliate and merchant conversions by 50% or more and directly affect the bottom line of everyone here.

I expect that Kelli’s service puts her “out there” in line of fire of parasite ware companies and their allies. If Kelli goes away, it’s likely that no one will fill her shoes in terms of technical research, documentation, and abilities.

So in recognition to her research and educational roles in the field of ethical affiliate marketing, I would like to nominate Kelli for a free pass to the affiliate summit.

I'd like to also nominate Purplebear here at ABW. Always a pleasure to read her posts. You can tell she has real interest in affiliate markeing, is inquestive but not pushy, gives support to others and always friendly. Not sure if she thought about going to Summit, but wanted to give some folks out there a chance who I don't already know are going.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

11 Full Free Passes Awarded -> http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=90989
    Continued Success,

Haiko

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread