Homeclick Remodeling???
    When I click on a link, I get a page saying they are remodeling and to come back later ... oh, but you can call their toll-free number.

Anybody know how long this has been going on, and if this is one of those remodels where you have to go back and replace every single direct product link?

Interesting. I just went and looked for a note from them, as I still have a lot of active aff relationships on CJ... No note.

So I'm not sure what they're up to.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

I dont' know how long, but I know i looked a few days ago, and it was normal.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    This is par for the course for homeclick.com: Site down, links go to remodeling page, and no notice to affiliates.

They have had many issues in the past, and over the past couple of years, I have sent numerous emails to their affiliate managers (they've had two or three different ones since late last year), and have yet to receive a single response. Of course, they have no telephone number listed with CJ.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

The good news ... they are back up already. So they must have only been down for a few hours tonight while they installed the new format.

The bad news ... all affiliate links redirect to the home page. Grrrrrrr

On their affiliate blog http://hdpaffiliateconnection.wordpress.com/ they said:

This message pertains to all affiliates participating in the HomeClick program:

This Friday (tentative but solid), HomeClick will be undergoing a complete face lift which will impact everything from the presentation to the backend database which means all URLs are going to change.

I realize that this creates quite a bit of legwork on your part (I handle PPC marketing in-house so I know what you are going to have to go through), but after months of decision-making, it became obvious that this was the right way to go.

For those of you utilizing the datafeeds, the process should be pretty straightforward since the feeds update every single day.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in helping you get up to speed with the new HomeClick architecture.

kinda make you wonder if the pixel will stay in place

Last night, their new product links through the CJ Get Links section went to error pages. Now, they direct to the correct product pages, but none of them have working images.

I, for one, did not know, or really care, that they have an affiliate blog. They are a "third tier" merchant for me, as I have only a couple of hundred of their product links on one or two sites, and would not spend the time reading their blog under noral circumstances. They should have sent an email announcement of their changes to their affiliates well in advance of their make-over.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

... and the links they've provided don't work. I just checked a few and they go to a Server Error page.

I've run into this before, so I played with the coding. The way they give it to you at CJ the redirect string is:

showpage.asp/itemid=999999

followed by:
    &cm_ven=Commission_Junction&cm_cat=Tableware&cm_pla=Datafeeds&cm_ite=Tableware_Product&cjsku=9999

but it should be:

web/catalog/product_detail.aspx?did=999999

However, when you add all the extra CJ stuff after the product number, then the page redirects to:

Error occurred

Unfortunately, we no longer offer this exact item.
    It may be discountinued, or other customers like you had problems which caused us to no longer sell it.
    Do we really need the

&cm_ven=Commission_Junction&cm_cat=Tableware&cm_pla=Datafeeds&cm_ite=Tableware_Product&cjsku=9999
    after the redirect url to get credit for sales? I can make it work without all that extra stuff. And the beginning of the url has the cj url and my account identification in it. But, I don't want to go through the time and effort recoding my pages if I'm not going to get credit for not having all that other stuff at the end.

Well, I was wrong. I tried it and their system is totally rejecting all CJ links, no matter what format.

I can go to a page in this format that displays a product:

Code:
    http://www.homeclick.com/web/catalog/product_detail.aspx?did=9999
    But when I send them there through the CJ coding, it lands on a page with this url that provides an message that the product is no longer available:

Code:
    http://www.homeclick.com/web/catalog/product_detail.aspx?did=9999&AID=999999999&PID=999999999&SID=BlueWidgets
    Meanwhile, all the old links just redirect to their home page. What a mess!

What a mess! After sending an email to the AM, and not receiving a response, I just went back in and checked the links at CJ. Now, the coding doesn't go to homeclick, it goes to an error page at chefscorner. What are they doing?

Even if you change chefscorner to homeclick in the code, the link still takes you to an error page.

None of this suprises me at all with the way they run their program. Remember this?

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread