ABW Ambassador
    I hate driving in it....hate working in it...had I nice 2 1/2 hour drive to the office today....

However....sales are through the roof already this morning....our affiliate sites are doing well and have had more hosting sales so far this morning than we've had all week.....Sweeeet [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

Snow? What's that? It's 35C/95F here at the moment..

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    @ TK-- [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] !!!

It's that crap that forms on the surfaces of the huge walk-in freezer known as The North!

As for this sig (below), it's "wonderful" because of the SALES--not the sn*w!

It's the most wonderful time of the year! ~From a "Golden Era" Christmas Song

ABW Ambassador
    LOL....How I wish for the warmer weather....

@Leader...these are the times that I'm envious of you....would have been great to stay home today and build pages [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Hate it! Hate it! Sitting here waiting for it to come my way. Just starting now, they say 5 to 7 inches. Yuck!
    Cazzie

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Just heard on the news about record numbers of people buying generators in preparation for this storm. Hopefully people will be huddled down at home with those generators running doing their Christmas shopping online. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Even a hint of a possible snow flurry here is enough to shut everything down and whip everyone up into a frenzy of anticipation and expectation. The last time we had snow here a few years ago, which turned out to be just a ground dusting, schools were let out and with the storm coming through in the wee hours of the morning, there were many sleep deprived folks who had stayed up all night waiting for it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

Had it here for a month now [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Actually, snow is the main reason I hope to do AM fulltime, so I can get away south with my laptop during the winter season (Cell sees images of sunny beaches in his head).

But it's fun when your go away with your friends to the mountains for some speed and play.

-- Less is more --

ABW Ambassador
    LOL...BLFH sounds like the people here...DC is so diverse, there are adults that have never seen snow in their life and they decide they want to drive in it....I don't mind driving in it as long as I could be on the road by myself [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Cell...I've been trying to talk the wife into moving south for awhile...she makes decent money here so its a very, very tough sell [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I'm in MA & we're just getting the snow.
    We've got lots of NE traffic today as many people can't make it to the malls [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Stay safe (and hopefully with power) everyone [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

With my best,

Liz
    http://Styleforfree.com

boohoo, all we got was the rain - not quite cold enough for snow. I keep hoping for it though!!

lol BLFH, I have waited up for snow here too.

You guys have fun and throw a snowball for me!

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

But if the arrow is straight and the point is slick,
    It can pierce through dust no matter how thick. dylan

Here in NY/NJ we have not seen this much snow in a few years! Now they're predicting 6 to 10 by the time it stops. Man, this feels so strange.

Akiva Bergstrom
    Business Development
    akiva@essentialapparel.com
    800-556-2937 ext 751
    www.essentialapparel.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EssentialApparel.com:
    Here in NY/NJ we have not seen this much snow in a few years! Now they're predicting 6 to 10 by the time it stops. Man, this feels so strange.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing but an inch or two of wet slush here down the shore. Remember the big one in '95/96 I think it was - about 20" At the time I had about a 300'long driveway and the bulldozer wouldn't start... Luckily I had enough cigarettes for the 4 days (for 2 days of that it was illegal to go out) before I got out again [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Tom
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I've been trying to talk the wife into moving south for awhile <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Yer not doin it right, they don't listen unless yer hitem, y'aft clipem upside the ed nowanagin [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Don't tell Pauline I said that she'll batter me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

@ shoremark <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> (for 2 days of that it was illegal to go out) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> What do you mean it was illegal to go out? Do you mean the police forbade you to leave your home?

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ShoreMark:
    Nothing but an inch or two of wet slush here down the shore. Remember the big one in '95/96 I think it was - about 20" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, you guys and girls are talking about inches? When I grew up , before the global heating experiment set in, it was not uncommon for us to have 6-10 feets of snow in the middle of the winter (and no, I'm not *that* old, I'm only 31). Today I live somewhere else, but I know they only get around 3-4 - at the most, - but still in feets. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Of course, here in the the city we hardly get any snow at all, so chaos is guaranteed every time people wake up to an inch or two.

TH,
    hopefully soon you will make a lot of money - more than enough for both of you - and then I'm sure your wife will be happy to take you up on that plan. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

-- Less is more --

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gordon:
    What do you mean it was illegal to go out? Do you mean the police forbade you to leave your home?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, for the first full day (it hit at midnight and had dumped it all in 8 hours or so) it was a declared emergency with no cars allowed on the roads at all - I'm pretty sure that ran the next day too, but it seems like that'd be overkill, so I may be remembering falsely.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cellophane:
    So, you guys and girls are talking about inches? When I grew up , before the global heating experiment set in, it was not uncommon for us to have 6-10 feets of snow<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, that must have been you I passed when I was walking 15 miles uphill (both ways) to and from school with only sneakers on and a cloth coat with no buttons then. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ShoreMark:
    Ah, that must have been you I passed when I was walking 15 miles uphill (both ways) to and from school with only sneakers on and a cloth coat with no buttons then. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I saw you, right - from the window passing you 'cause my mammy gave me bus money [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

-- Less is more --

Lived in Syracuse, Ny for a long time. One time I got snowed in at work and could not leave for three days! Knew in advance so I took candles etc. with me just in case. Fortunately, the power stayed on. Got paid for the full time I was there. Most of that time all the roads were closed.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

What a bunch of wimps! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

A few inches, what's that? Nothing!
    You should come here and get some real snow!

I consider giving up shoveling my way to the car every day, and just dig a tunnel instead. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Ok, one of you guys who are experiencing real snow should go build a real snowman for me. It's been over 10 years since we had enough where you could build a "real" one. That would be one about knee high. Usually when we get some snow, you can scrap it up and come up with a snowman a few inches high. Then we go put it in the freezer to save it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

Didn’t get any snow here, just ice. It never really accumulated on the roads, but it did on the trees. I was stuck at home all morning yesterday with a downed tree blocking the road in one direction and another tree blocking the other direction. And of course my power was off and my gas logs decided to stop working at the same time! When the first tree was removed, I managed to make my way into town to get some new logs. At this point it was reported that almost 100,000 people were without power, and most of them were at Lowes looking for kerosene heaters. And of course Lowes didn’t have power either. Managed to get a nice new set of remote control logs and happily drove home to install them. After removing the old set, I saw that I would need a different sized adapter to plug the gas line into the new logs, so back to town I went. When I got back home, the power was on, but I still had to install the logs before I could turn the heat on because of the open gas line. Of course I managed to rupture the gas line while doing this, so back to town I went. Finally, I managed to hook the logs up so I could turn on the heat. All of this and I’m one of the lucky ones. On the eleven o’clock news they upped the number of homes without power in my area to 250,000 and over 1.5 million homes in North and South Carolina. That’s worse than when Hurricane Hugo blew through a few years ago. We’ve got power crews coming in from all over the place. I saw a few Alabama Power trucks yesterday and heard of crews coming in from Michigan, so hopefully everything will be back to normal soon.

Jason
    “That’s the song I’ve been sangin for years, that’s the way the wild wind blows” – Robert Earl Keen

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread