Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Adwords from Great to Poor in the last few hours...
    Today I got many of my best keywords in different campaigns go from Great to Poor (with $10 bids!!!!). Some of these keywords were running for months under Great. I did not make any changes on the landing pages neither (since months).

What is also weird is that this switch (Great to Poor) is happening across campaigns of unrelated products (going to the same site).

Anyone experienced this issue ? a solution ?

Thanks,
    C

I am a programmer and all my life is based on no-nonsese logic.
    What is happening makes no sense at all.
    Anyone trying to excuse what is happening with some sort of "logic" is laughable.
    I will take NO action towards Google, if they don't want me, its ok, I will find other ways to market (I am an affiliate).
    I have the best add you can get. Like:

On the landing page there is the product, the picture, and the buy button that goes to the buy page of the merchant.
    There is also a contact form and 2 adsense boxes on top and on bottom.
    Then there are other 3 products from the same category to choose from.

Everything is designed simple and with taste, I don't dupe anybody, the prices are always right (I have a script).

My account had 700 groups with some 5000 keywords on a 1300$/month budget.
    Only the best converting keywords are disabled. From 0.26-0.30 to 10$

What else should I do? Give them money for free?
    I mean this is it. They build this system for this.
    We did what they wanted.
    You don't want me? Bye bye then... I don't feel guilty at all. I did what I had to do. It's not my fault.

Maybe they find this to be more quality:

You go there and you get:
    0 items found for Product

My head is all logic. It can't compile this ****
    So... Quality score and Landing page crap.

I did all those 700 ads BY HAND.

As I said, I will take NO action towards Google because I don't feel I duped anybody, I did not do anything illegal or against TOS and I don't have any reason to feel guilty or change anything.
    And quite frankly I won't change anything on my site because of Google. I market my site in many ways and my users are pleased why should I change anything? And if so... WHAT? As long as they don't suggest me a better way to present the products there is no way I would know that.
    And besides it's plain rude )
    Where are the good manners Google?
    Best regards.
    Pex

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Here we go again with Google's bullsh!t. The utterly arbitrary, sledgehammer-like Google Quality Score/Landing Page slap ("Google Slap" for short). All bids on keywords that have any real click volume go to ridiculous $1, $5, and $10 minimums across all campaigns of your entire domain (possibly your entire account), no matter what kind of diversity of products you are promoting and how good and content-filled some of your landing pages might be in comparison with others.

This just happened to me starting yesterday evening. I figured I'd wait it out for a bit, as a couple times in the past this has happened but corrected itself within hours and my minimum bids went back to where they were. I'm not confident that this is one of those times that it'll fix itself.

Who else is experiencing this today? All of my campaigns have been hit, across all domain names (I don't have many domains, but all were hit), and my click volume is at perhaps 20% of where it normally would be.

I think this may be the straw that broke the camel's back, if it doesn't reverse itself. It is just too unpredictable to work with Google AdWords. Their stranglehold on the search engine market, along with insane profits from PPC and being utterly beholden only to the shareholders, allows them to do whatever they wish to their own paying customers. I will be glad to work on campaigns in MSN's PPC full time from now on even if it does only get 15% of the click volume (if they would only make the interface much more usable, *sigh*). And revisit Yahoo to see if there is some promise with Panama.

delsol asked if there is any solution. If it's like the prior times that Google has put this algorithmic quality score smackdown into place with AdWords (last July comes to mind, which had massive casualties in the affiliate world), your only choices are:

(1) Call up Google support toll free at 1-866-2-GOOGLE and spend possibly hours going in circles trying to beg the rep to tell you any real details of what in hell you have to do to your websites to make the editorial staff remove the DEAD flag from your domains/account. I did this last year and it went nowhere. They didn't tell me anything other than vague bullet points and pointed me to a vague, oversimplified, overgeneralized help page about how to "improve your landing page quality", without actually helping me through the process of making these landing page changes. Next step, try to completely overhaul all your affected sites without knowing what specifically you need to do to get them back. Next, after making these unspecified changes, pray hard, then inform a Google support rep so they can have the editorial staff review them. Then suffer through a (more likely than not) negative result after this appeal, with no chance to actually talk directly with an editorial staff person who makes the decisions.

(2) Recreate your websites with completely new domain names that you have not used with AdWords campaigns before, that will be "fresh" and not yet hit by the algorithmic slap -- or move the affected ("slapped") domain name campaigns to unaffected domains that were not slapped, if you actually have any of these in AdWords; all the while hoping that this temporary fix will last a while until Google's next slap.

(3) Stop using Google for PPC.

And for anyone tempted to ask if I'm using arbitrage, MFA pages, or any AdSense at all on my websites... I'm not. Also, I do not mislead or make false or dishonest claims on my websites. They apparently just don't stand up to Google's arbitrary "quality" algorithmic score.

Keep your eye on webmasterworld.com in the Google AdWords forum there. When these "Google Slaps" occur, the AdWords forum lights up like a christmas tree. While it's mostly *****ing and griping along with assorted rumors and generalizations, there's often some good information in real time over there as to what other people are experiencing and what they're doing about it.

However, in the past there's been not much that an affected advertiser can really do other than the change-of-domains temporary fix. And who knows; Google may have changed things so that the DEAD flag is now account-wide and changing domains may not work any more. I'm not saying you shouldn't be constantly improving the content of your sites rather than looking for a quick fix, but from my reading of advertisers' travails with the Google Slap, the quality guidelines are so arbitrary that it's very difficult to know if the work you're doing to "pass" Google's quality test is all for nothing or worthwhile.

Effectively, one of the things that made Google's PPC a most attractive alternative to working your way into the organic results, was that in the past we did not have to do SEO on our web sites. Now, both PPC and organic sites have to be SEO'd to pass Google's cryptic algorithmic tests.

ABW Ambassador
    "Last night Google informed me that they have made a "minor" update to the landing page quality score factor. I was told that only a small number of AdWords advertisers will notice an increase in their minimum bids."

http://www.seroundtable.com/archives/013773.html

More people seeing this too:

http://www.webmasterworld.com/google...ds/3361782.htm

So far I haven't been hit but I know how it is, I lost 80% of my Google PPC traffic during the first slap. And it makes no sense, from reading people having .05 cent great to $5 and $10 poor. Crazy.

Trust, if you still do AdWords, were you hit at all? This "minor" update by Google certainly affected me and apparently many others.

Edit: Never mind, just read your own edit to your post. Let's hope you come out of this one fine.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Nothing I do (merchant site's ppc as a consultant, DTM PPC as an aff, PPC to my aff sites as an aff) has changed. Keep seeing references to landing page changes... but appears one guy at WMW was posting as a merchant and saying he got whacked... This one's a mystery to me so far.

if anyone's affected, if you post for a site review (in site review section here at abw), i'll give things a decent look and will post feedback.

having no idea what G is now looking for, sure is scary - one of these times, it's gonna get me for sure. have been diversifying for when it does come my way.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Thus far none of my G campaigns have changed. But I'll keep an eye on it and hope that you all come out of it fine.

This and Y's latest antic flashes my mind back to Mrs. Robinson. When the older gentleman tells the newly graduated Hoffman, "think plastics" son. If I were advising a young person entering the internet service industry, I'd probably advise him: "think SEO son." What a profession that is turning out to be huh?

Without a few butterflies in our stomachs every once in a while, we tend to become complacent. These occasional wake up calls remind us of the vulnerability of having all of our marketing centered around PPC. It is good to diversify, and with recent scary things happening, there is no time like the present.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    .."think SEO son." What a profession that is turning ...
    I like your reflection on this crazy stuff. This all should pass too.

I started this thread at the same time on DP, got quickier feedback over their. Here is the link:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35

This affialite world has been quite a ride for me. Started serious PPC in April and was pretty happy by the results. Now I got Google Slapped (did not even know the term). Told the google rep. this morning that i got "Google Slapped" she didn't know the term...that was sort of funny. Anyway enough of this crazy slapping talk.

Time for the enginner in me that like challenges and figuring things out to take over, I you want to follow what I will be doing tonight and probably the next few days see that DP thread.

Cheers,

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    "Great" and "Poor" at the same time?
    Two keywords in an adgroup that I just resumed have gotten zero impressions yesterday and today, despite each having a "Great" quality score. One bid is 40¢, the other 45¢, and the minimum bid listed for each is 4¢. So, I moused-over the Ads Diagnostic Tool, and it says:

"This keyword isn't showing ads. This keyword has a low Quality Score, so the minimum bid exceeds your current bid. "
    "Great" = Low Quality Score?????
    exceeds 45¢?????

What is this logic?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    At this point, I see 0 changes with my ads. So that's good. Sorry for those that got hit.

For those that got slapped this time, is it the first time or have did you get slapped before as well?

A lot of this just doesn't make any kind of sense to me based on what's happening now and based on my first slap. Where the landing pages were converting and then I got slapped. New domain, same landing pages, fine. That was what I did the first time. And they were running for years, even got that Google Cooler/Fridge for 1 million clicks and still got me. And then next time they have one of these updates, it could happen to anybody.

I had no changes until last night. Now, all but 2 of my campaigns have been affected. In the ad groups that were affected ALL of my keywords have gone from great and good to poor and are now inactive with minimum bids of from $1 to $10 to reactivate. Most of these were previously bid from .20 to .38.

The two ad groups that were not affected have gotten about a quarter of the impressions and clicks that they usually get even though their positions haven't changed. Needless to say, sales have sucked.

I've spent most of last night and most of today moving all of my ad groups to Y! and M. Hopefully I can get back some of my traffic.

I gotta go now and get drunk.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    At this point, I see 0 changes with my ads. So that's good. Sorry for those that got hit.

For those that got slapped this time, is it the first time or have did you get slapped before as well?

A lot of this just doesn't make any kind of sense to me based on what's happening now and based on my first slap. Where the landing pages were converting and then I got slapped. New domain, same landing pages, fine. That was what I did the first time. And they were running for years, even got that Google Cooler/Fridge for 1 million clicks and still got me. And then next time they have one of these updates, it could happen to anybody.
    Thanks Trust for the tip. I'm still hoping my appeal with Google will work.

This is the first time I got slapped. My landing pages were converting very very well. I did not deal much with the <$1 clicks so at that level you have to convert systematicaly or its not viable.

I pretty much decided to launch that site with a sustainable business model and with long term goals (not like some of those quick 5 pages "review" sites", up today down tomorrow....). I've been building that site since January. It's a database driven web site with all advanced stylesheet layouts and all the backend tools in place to have this puppy grow and be most automatable and most useful to its users. In other words all content is in database record types that are fully customizable (from web screens) and would have permitted me (or some with no programming skills) to quickly do interesting things for the users that some of my competition with static sites can't. Such as popular content any criteria, membership, personal views of the site etc....

Started heavier PPC promotion since April and it was converting very well. Was planning to x2 to x4 ad spending by year end as I was refining and understand the best PPC strategies.

During the last 48 hours I performed (after reading tips here and there):
    - Add nofollow to all outgoing links
    - Put in place filter so that out link of indirect. Still have to edit/save the old records on my site for those to get their "type" field updated.
    - Changed the ip to a different class c
    - Changed some data of the domain registration
    - Added some "in your face", obvious and animated banners on the main page so any reviewer can understand in seconds what my site is about. Just in case they are a little slow.
    - Sent an appeals email to Google basically telling then they made an error and stating my case.

If that does not work I will try the domain name change. Do you know if I could get then to swap my current ads destination/display url to my new site ?

Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    I gotta go now and get drunk.

Thanks,
    Chris

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Delsol,

On June 27th some of us (from ABW) are getting together in Denver for lunch around noon. You may not have seen the announcement as it may have been made prior to your joining ABW. It would be good for you to come. We can discuss what's happening with G and Y as well as many other topics.

If you can come, I'd highly recommend it. BTW, our data center is in DTC, so we're practically neighbors. Let me know if we'll have the pleasure of your company for lunch.

Alan
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Quote Originally Posted by delsol
    Thanks Trust for the tip. I'm still hoping my appeal with Google will work.

This is the first time I got slapped. My landing pages were converting very very well. I did not deal much with the <$1 clicks so at that level you have to convert systematicaly or its not viable.

I pretty much decided to launch that site with a sustainable business model and with long term goals (not like some of those quick 5 pages "review" sites", up today down tomorrow....). I've been building that site since January. It's a database driven web site with all advanced stylesheet layouts and all the backend tools in place to have this puppy grow and be most automatable and most useful to its users. In other words all content is in database record types that are fully customizable (from web screens) and would have permitted me (or some with no programming skills) to quickly do interesting things for the users that some of my competition with static sites can't. Such as popular content any criteria, membership, personal views of the site etc....

Started heavier PPC promotion since April and it was converting very well. Was planning to x2 to x4 ad spending by year end as I was refining and understand the best PPC strategies.

During the last 48 hours I performed (after reading tips here and there):
    - Add nofollow to all outgoing links
    - Put in place filter so that out link of indirect. Still have to edit/save the old records on my site for those to get their "type" field updated.
    - Changed the ip to a different class c
    - Changed some data of the domain registration
    - Added some "in your face", obvious and animated banners on the main page so any reviewer can understand in seconds what my site is about. Just in case they are a little slow.
    - Sent an appeals email to Google basically telling then they made an error and stating my case.

If that does not work I will try the domain name change. Do you know if I could get then to swap my current ads destination/display url to my new site ?

Thanks,
    Chris
    WHY trouble with all this when you don't even know what is wrong, or if this is helping.
    If your site was converting, you don't have to change it.
    You have to move to Panama and Adcenter.
    regards.
    pex

Quote Originally Posted by delsol
    Google itself will almost certainly *not* do this for you (I suppose you could ask, but I wouldn't... if you ask, they'll know you're trying to get around their whacking of you). It sounds to me like you were another arbitrary victim, and assuming you aren't doing MFA arbitrage or anything illegal or deceptive, you were probably wrongly (subjectively speaking) targeted and hopefully you can get your ads back showing on appeal without having to redo everything on a different domain. That can take a long time, considering you have to get a new domain, redo all your links, redo all references to the old domain name, copy each and every html page from old domain to new, change everything in AdWords from old to new, create new logos for the new domain name, etc etc ad nauseam.

At least for the AdWords side of things, there is a way to move things from an old campaign to a new one with new domain name. Keep in mind you cannot just take your old whacked campaigns and put a new destination URL into them. Even if the destination URLs are changed to a new, "clean" domain name. Once the domain is whacked, ALL campaigns/ad groups using this domain name are simply dead, dead, dead until and unless Google removes the KILL flag on appeal. This is one of the most obscene things about Google's sledgehammer approach each time they unleash one of these Slaps.

Anyway, the way to do this is to duplicate the old campaign into a new one, and this can be done with Google AdWords Editor. It's a piece of software created by Google that's free for all AdWords advertisers to use. It's local (resides on your own PC) and is a campaign editor that saves you from having to do everything with the web interface. Search in Google for it, download it, read some of the help files to get a feel for how to use it (it's pretty intuitive so this should be a snap). Then what you do is highlight one of your whacked campaigns, do an Edit --> Copy, then Edit --> Paste, and immediately change the name of the new duplicated campaign as it will give you an error message that two campaigns can't have the same name. Then of course you'll have to go to each ad group and put your new URLs into each and every ad. Everything else though should have been auto-copied just fine; even the negatives. Then upload your changes, making sure the new campaign is active, and pause the old/dead campaign forever since it will never work again anyway.

This is a lot better than trying to duplicate it by hand using the web interface. There's no "duplicate campaign" or similar function.

I'm on the fence about doing this myself. I'm not sure I will even bother. Google may make it a waste of time by whacking again in short order. I think that the requirement to be a "super-affiliate" (perhaps the top 1% of affiliates in terms of volume of original content on landing pages) in order to pass Google's arbitrary guidelines has been made quite clear, and is a tall order.

You'll probably notice that most affiliates have steadily disappeared from AdWords ad results over the past year or so, and this appears to be Google's intention as affiliate websites to Google don't seem to provide a "good user experience" (of course most of us here on ABW would beg to differ, and the market should be what determines what's a good user experience, not some arbitrary algo). Hey, if the site converts well without being deceptive or using arbitrage or parasites or illegal activities, how is that NOT a good user experience? Conforming to G's guidelines will not allow me to diversify into several niches as I have been doing in the past. It would resign me to putting all my eggs in one basket, IMO, just to be able to continually develop and maintain enough content to pass their algorithms in a small niche or two.

delsol, I don't agree with pexcornel that you should leave everything as it is and just give up without a fight. If you honestly feel that your website gives the visitors a good experience, perhaps you can convince the AdWords editors of that with a well-structured appeal. But at the same time, as pexcornel said, you should also diversify and put more emphasis on the other two major seach engines. Even if their combined volume is lower than G's is.

Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    Delsol,

On June 27th some of us (from ABW) are getting together in Denver for lunch around noon. You may not have seen the announcement as it may have been made prior to your joining ABW. It would be good for you to come. We can discuss what's happening with G and Y as well as many other topics.

If you can come, I'd highly recommend it. BTW, our data center is in DTC, so we're practically neighbors. Let me know if we'll have the pleasure of your company for lunch.

Alan
    Alan,
    Thanks for thinking of me. My month of June looks pretty busy.
    Do you guys ever meet in DTC ?

Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by spacedog
    Google itself will almost certainly *not* do this for you (I suppose you could ask, but I wouldn't... if you ask, they'll know you're trying to get around their whacking of you).
    Good point.
    However the way I've been seeing this (which I'm quckly reviewing at the moment) toward Google is: I've nothing to hide, my site is 100% legit. My site does what it adverstises and 4 clicks to a conversion shows (didn't stat my entire account but about half) it's a very relevant "user experience".
    An with the money I'm paying Google every one should be happy. (Google, my users, my biz).
    It sounds to me like you were another arbitrary victim, and assuming you aren't doing MFA arbitrage or anything illegal or deceptive, you were probably wrongly (subjectively speaking) targeted and hopefully you can get your ads back showing on appeal without having to redo everything on a different domain.
    I'm going to try another attemp for appeal, but that will probably be the last.
    I going nowhere with my rep. just exchanging emails of the same. It really looks like they want to apply the SEO rules to Adwords sites.
    That can take a long time, considering you have to get a new domain, redo all your links, redo all references to the old domain name, copy each and every html page from old domain to new, change everything in AdWords from old to new, create new logos for the new domain name, etc etc ad nauseam.
    It would probably take about 1 to 2 days of work. I use a customized version of an open source CMS so it's pretty much everything in database & display is 100% stylesheet driven, so 0 html page. I would have to come up with new logos and probably a few internal links.

Thanks spacedog I use the Adwords Editor pretty often it does save lots of time.
    I'm on the fence about doing this myself. I'm not sure I will even bother. Google may make it a waste of time by whacking again in short order. I think that the requirement to be a "super-affiliate" (perhaps the top 1% of affiliates in terms of volume of original content on landing pages) in order to pass Google's arbitrary guidelines has been made quite clear, and is a tall order.
    .../...
    Conforming to G's guidelines will not allow me to diversify into several niches as I have been doing in the past. It would resign me to putting all my eggs in one basket, IMO, just to be able to continually develop and maintain enough content to pass their algorithms in a small niche or two.
    I've been pondering that same dilemma but the other way around. Build small sites, tightly coupled by category/topic. You assume they will get "Google Slapped" within the year. But do many of these so if you loose a few it's no biggy. You just have a few small (5-10 page) sites to redo.
    delsol, I don't agree with pexcornel that you should leave everything as it is and just give up without a fight. If you honestly feel that your website gives the visitors a good experience, perhaps you can convince the AdWords editors of that with a well-structured appeal. But at the same time, as pexcornel said, you should also diversify and put more emphasis on the other two major seach engines. Even if their combined volume is lower than G's is.
    pexcornel has been threw a few "slaps" before, I can see how he would react that way. Even if I get back on Adwords I will definitly make it a rule to spend xx% of my time doing marketing with MSN and Yahoo and with all things equal I would definitly favor anything but Google.

Thanks spacedog,
    Chris

I am tired of doing the "Google Dance" as I've seen it refereed to here a couple of times. Since Google won't release details of their algorithm it's impossible to find out what they really want, however they have no problem penalizing you for not meeting their expectations. It's sort of like when I used to ask my ex wife what was wrong and her response was "if you don't know I'm not going to tell you". No wonder she's my X.

At the same time I see Google shopping appearing as #1 on organic search results on a number of keywords including brand names. Do no evil my a$$.

I've completed conversion of most of my campaigns to Yahoo and Microsoft and even though I am getting fewer impressions and clicks my conversion rate has almost doubled (in 4 days).

Bottom line is that I'm making about the same amount of money and spending considerably less on PPC (so far). I am now optimizing my pages for my visitors and not the SE's. I'd rather promote my sites standing on the highway with a sandwich sign then continue wasting my time and money trying to figure out what Google wants when I'm not really sure that they know.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Diversity is an EXCELLENT idea, but it might (a big "if") get harder... a leading financial analyst said this about Yahoo in the last few days...

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070612/yahoo..._the_bell.html
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "If Panama is a failure, we believe drastic actions will be required -- this will likely mean new management and a major overhaul of operations," the analyst wrote. "We believe the easiest way to create shareholder value is to abandon search technology efforts and become a Google affiliate."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yahoo has a conference call or something today and their CEO is set to get grilled for Panama not picking things up as they had hoped. I think they'll give them more time to see the true outcome, but the CEO is...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Semel in 2006 received a compensation package valued at $71.7 million -- more than any other CEO at the 386 publicly held companies covered in an Associated Press analysis of the nation's top corporate paychecks.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Farzad Nazem, the company's chief technology officer, resigned at the end of May, spooking some investors who thought this might reflect on Panama, noted Sanderson.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'd say more seo is an excellent idea. I'm thinking the same thing myself. :-)

"If Panama is a failure, we believe drastic actions will be required -- this will likely mean new management and a major overhaul of operations," the analyst wrote. "We believe the easiest way to create shareholder value is to abandon search technology efforts and become a Google affiliate."
    This is scary. We need more viable options not fewer.

-rematt

I got hit by the "Google Slap" too. When the first google slap happened (last july) it wiped out my entire campaign. After that I bought a new domain and re-designed my site. That site has been up for about a year no problems until recently. The entire campaign wasnt wiped out but most of it was. Not to mention the keywords that did stay active were the ones that had high bids.

Long story short, I purchased a few new domains and my campaign is back up with no problems for the time being.

I am kind of out of the loop on the Yahoo story.... what is exactly going on??

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    I am kind of out of the loop on the Yahoo story.... what is exactly going on??
    Yahoo shareholders are getting restless. Panama has been out for several months (I think pretty much everyone has been migrated from the old system to Panama by now), and Yahoo's earnings have not shown signs of turning around yet. Also, according to CBS news last night, YHOO stock slid 35% last year while GOOG was up 11%.

And there's the controversy about the CEO of Yahoo, Semel, getting a compensation package worth $170 million, even while the company's earnings have been poor. Something like 1/3 of the shareholders voted against the Board of Directors in the last shareholder meeting (again, I got this from the CBS news report). The natives are restless over at Y!. It's extremely disheartening that insiders are talking about Yahoo potentially becoming a Google affiliate rather than try to make their search technology better and actually compete with Big G.

ABW Ambassador
    And there's the controversy about the CEO of Yahoo, Semel, getting a compensation package worth $170 million, even while the company's earnings have been poor.
    Semel's compensation is not that bad compared to other silicon valley execs rank and file. Compare it to Eric Schmidt's few billion dollars compensation. Most of the compensation in both cases is in stock options.

What is annoying is Yahoo's earnings performance!. To me Panama is still way behind Adwords and having come late to the table, they should have come up with better widgets than simply copying Adwords. BTW, that was my feedback to Yahoo also in one of their Panama Intro sessions that I attended in Burlingame, CA

Google
    Google Adwords has been fleecing me for triple ppc cost since last november.
    I tried Msn, Yahoo, etc.. No one gives me better results that BIG "G". I guess, it's a "love and hate" relationship.
    Last edited by pacweb; June 13th, 2007 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Mispelled

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast