Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Exclamation LS Trans Failed for Wyndham Vacation Resorts
    To all Wyndham Vacation Resorts affiliates.

I just discovered that our LS Trans failed this morning. All affiliate transactions were captured during that period.

I have emailed our IT dept to get it assigned to a group so that it can be worked on. I will call my IT once I get in the office. I have also informed LS about our problem so that they are aware of it.

Once we get an ETA, I will update this thread.
    Sorry for any inconvenience.
    Last edited by FairFieldGetaway-EricEwe; June 8th, 2007 at 08:05 AM.

Got it escelated and the senior DB Admin will be looking into this.

Eric, for the benefit of other LinkShare merchants, could you explain how you determined that it failed, what caused it (once you find out), and what you think could be done to minimize the problems or automate the detection/retransmission?

Years ago that I recommended to Steve Messer that they add a confirmation and retransmission process. Steve said they already did. Somehow I doubt it.

When merchants send a daily batch, it's pretty easy to see if a batch is missed (for their larger affiliates, anyway). With batches as frequently as every 15 minutes (which they now support and encourage), it's virtually impossible to catch missed batches.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Michael, I think there is a system in place but I am not highly technical but I will give you the run down of how I determined it failed

1) we have a DTS that runs on one of our servers. A file is sent to Linkshare at 00:00 hours. Once it is sent to Linkshare, it is acknowledged by LS and we get an email saying
    The Linkshare Transaction File was submitted to Linkshare's Servers.

Please wait for the confirmation emails sent by Linkshare to confirm
    that our transaction file was received and processed.

Thank you.
    I think the LS AM does get an email too.

2) after x period within the same day, we get an email:
    Wyndham Vacation Resorts Transaction processed at Wednesday 10 Jun 2007 xx:xx < UNIQUE ID >

XX number of transactions.
    3) I also check the merchant interface and it will tell me "LS Trans Last Sent 01-Jun-2007". There is no time stamp on this one though.

Technically, if a batch transaction is processed every hour or x hour a day, the merchant can determine if something fails via the emails that comes in.
    For each upload, there should be 2 emails. One acknowledging that the file was received and once saying xx of transactions processed.
    i.e. If I run an hourly batch transaction, I can expect to see 24 file sent to Linkshare within a 24 hour period. I should get 2 emails back for each file. total tally - 48 total email for 24 hour period.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Each LS TRANS content file is also emailed to the merchant with a time stamp and content. The issue is, that with one being sent every 15 minutes, these usually don't get looked at.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

ABW Ambassador
    You need a new avatar and name Wyndham Vacation Resorts - EricEwe

Fairfield Getaway is former name?

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    You need a new avatar and name Wyndham Vacation Resorts - EricEwe

Fairfield Getaway is former name?
    Yeah, I have been putting that off for the longest time when it comes to changing if from Fairfield to Wyndham.

I am afraid that Alan will give me a tough time because I gave him a tough time when he changed his avitar from Kyle of South Park to Alan the Fisherman
    It's on my todo list..

On that note, I am unable to resolve this LS Trans problems. I will be calling lots of IT people on Monday.

Just got off the phone with my IT and they are working on it.
    No ETA but I am anticipating early tomorrow AM.

A file was uploaded at 4:40pm today and processed after 5pm. I am seeing transaction reporting but I need to verify with our IT and LS to make sure that everything is in order before putting this issue away.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread