Hyatt: Paid on initial visits only?
    One of my merchants has a "commission paid on initial visits only" policy. What does it mean, and how is it tracked? Thanks!

ABW Ambassador
    Are you referring to Hyatt Place, Summerfield Suites and Amerisuites which are part of the Hyatt affiliate program? If so, I would assume by the customer's name and/or frequent guest program number. It means that if the customer has previously stayed at that hotel brand, you receive no affiliate commission.

While I have no proof, I can't help but think this restriction was put into place due to the rebate sites where frequent guests are profitting from their bookings.

Indeed - I am referring to Hyatt.

But I'm still at loss regarding the definition of "initial visit". If a user has made a booking on hyatt.com two years ago, and is now visiting hyatt.com via your link, will you get compensated?

I got a bunch of " Returned Merchandise " from Hyatt today. Is that maybe because it was not an initial visit?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by ReallyBigGuy
    I got a bunch of " Returned Merchandise " from Hyatt today. Is that maybe because it was not an initial visit?
    I would say it's more likely that the reservations were cancelled. Hyatt pays on consumed stays only.

As indicated in the email sent out yesterday, Hyatt will now be reporting the reservation as a lead without a commission. The commission will no longer appear until the end of the month that the stay is consumed. Hopefully this will mean no more reversals.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepless
    Indeed - I am referring to Hyatt.

But I'm still at loss regarding the definition of "initial visit". If a user has made a booking on hyatt.com two years ago, and is now visiting hyatt.com via your link, will you get compensated?
    Note that this refers to Hyatt Place, Hyatt Summerfield Suites and Amerisuites. It does not refer to the full service Hyatt Regency, Grand Hyatt or Park Hyatt.

I just sent the following email to the affiliate manager at the email address listed in the Hyatt Advertiser Detail in CJ:

Could you please clearly state in the CJ Advertiser Detail what "initial stay" means since it impacts how affiliates will be commissioned? Is it an initial stay at a specific property or any property of that brand?

I'm disappointed that this wasn't mentioned at all in the email you sent to affiliates yesterday.
    I realize that I mistakenly used the word "stay" rather than "visit." They should use the word stay because that better describes what they mean.

They bury this commission limitation in their Terms and don't state it at all on the Advertiser Detail. Really dumb! Now they'll just be bombarded with questions.

ABW Ambassador
    Could a Mod please add "Hyatt" to the subject line?

I also got a disproportionate amount of $9 "Returned Merchandise" items today.
    The $9 commission is for Hyatt hotels, and does not fall under the "initial visit only" clause.

I wonder what's going on.

ABW Ambassador
    For a program that has always paid based on consumed stays, they never should have been reporting the commission at the time of booking. That's now been corrected.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread