PPC Business Model
    Hi everyone,

I've been spending some time reading posts here and there. And even making a few of my own. I have a question about AM business models, and PPC in particular.

I've been reading about AM since 2005. It's a hobby of mine that I'm going to turn into a business, however, I wanted to get some advice from those that have some more experience than me. I promise I won't ask you for the "magic bullet".

Ok from what I've learned so far, and please correct me if I'm wrong, there are two main business models for Affiliates.

A. Direct traffic to your merchants site directly, or
    B. Direct traffic to a content (or similar) site that you've created yourself, then have your visitors click on your affiliate links.

I'm planning on using both models eventually, but for now I want to talk about Using PPC advertising to send traffic to a merchants landing page. Here is the business model that I want to make a reality:

Use keyword analysis tools to find words/phrases that the competition has not. Create compelling ads that will drive traffic to the merchants site. Allow the merchant to convert that traffic into paying customers.

I know what some of you are thinking...easier said than done right? Well, I don't expect this road to be easy. I know that I'm going to have to become a master at keyword analysis, a master at writing ad copy, a master at understanding PPC programs, a master at ad optimization, etc... I know that I'm going to have to work harder and smarter than my competition. I know that I'm going to have to be the best, and I know that I'm willing to sacrifice my time to do that.

I truly believe that nothing is impossible, but sometimes we all need a little direction in order to stay motivated. That is why I am writing this post. I want the no holds barred, honest to Goodness truth. Is this a feasible business model, or would I be better off spending my time, effort and energy on another plan? How important are landing pages created by oneself, as opposed to sending traffic directly to the merchants landing page?

When I was young, I loved to play basketball; I wanted to be "like Mike". Heck, every young ball player did. We had someone to look up to, someone that would give us the confidence that anyone can do anything. Where's the Michael Jordan of PPC? I know it sounds cheesy, but I would love to know if someone like that exists...maybe even a member of this forum. Knowing that another human being has already done what you wish to do is so incredibly empowering.

I apologize for the long post. Thanks a bunch!

God Bless

Hi Awaken,

Here's a good place to start:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=79459

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Thanks rematt! That single thread answered all of my questions.

Awesome!

Outsourced Program Manager Rick - Bitcom's Avatar
    Ya that's the thread!

I would also add that having a tool that lets you really manage ROI is great too. Sometimes it's hard to really keep track of "exactly" what your costs are but that is critical to success.

At SiteSell we have a feature in our AM program called Track It!. This "tool" allows you to create links that will report back exact visitors and sales resulting from that particular link. It's "real time" and gives stats even more quickly than Google does.

We have over 60 landing pages each with a different approach in mind so you can create a Track It! link for a LP, add it to your AdWords campaign as your destination URL, and then see very precise stats for visitors, non-uniques, and sales. Pretty handy if I do say so myself.

You can go here if you'd like to learn more.

This is just one tool that I'm aware of. Maybe there are more that other people are using.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread