Hot to FTP Datafeed
    Hi

I've just tried Mobiles script (which he deserves a medal for doing it), I've tried a couple of merchants and all seems to go well until I call the page up on the net, all I see on the page is:

Connected to datafeeds.shareasale.com successfully as newsomor.
    Downloaded /8723/8723.txt from datafeeds.shareasale.com as 8723.txt

Anyone have any ideas where I've gone wrong - please!

Many thanks to mobile for offering this script FREE.

That looks like a successful pull of the datafeed from the FTP site to me. Check your 8723 directory to see if the 8723.txt file is there, and if so, check your SQL database to see if the data was uploaded there. If it's not, check your error logs and see what problems show up there.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

I tried that script last week and I had problems until I created a dummy file on my server of the one I am downloading. Try putting a empty file on your server called 8723.txt where the file will transer to and see if that works.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

How to FTP Datafeed
    Hi Nature Boy

The files are in my FTP folder as per Mobile's instructions and is showing, I checked PHPAdmin and the dbase is showing there.

Are you saying that I should have a folder for each merchant within the FTP folder?

Thanks for your reply.

If the file is on the server and the table is setup in the database, then everything worked correctly. The 2 lines you mentioned above just let you know everything worked for getting the feed from SAS.

If something had not been set right, the first line would have said:

"FTP connection has failed to datafeeds.shareasale.com as newsomor."

Or if that had worked, but not the actual feed download, then 2nd line would've said:

"FTP download has failed!"

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

How to FTP Datafeed
    Hi Mobile

Thanks for taking time out with your reply. I thought everything looked as though it was OK but expected to see products etc., on the page when I opened it, I must have missed something in your tutorial.

By the way I missed your original post because I'm a newbie to ABW - so I'll say it now - a BIG THANK YOU from the UK for making the script available to dummies like me.

All the best

Delboy

Just remember that if everybody puts the feed up as is that the web gains more and more duplicate content. More and more duplicates means more sufferers in Supplemental Hell. I have the burns to prove it.

Hi templus,

mobilbadboy script is just for you to download the merchant products to your database.

You than have to work on your page to recall those products using other script like php or others.

You may want to take a look at this http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=417 if you do not know how to work on your datafeed.

Follow and learn from the script as shown. You have to edit some configuration to match with the merchant you are using.

Thanks
    Richard

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread