Affiliate Manager
    Talking Performics linkshare shareasale , which is best?
    Recently , I am looking a newaffiliate network to resume our company`s affiliate programme,
    After research a while , I found most of the affialite networks are implicit for merchant , I can not even fount the service agreement of linkshare and performics.
    Can any body give me any info that which network is better ?

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Moderators might want to move this to a different forum as opposed to performics.

There are pros and cons to each network.
    I think the big 3 are LS, CJ and Performics. With SAS gaining vast popularity.

Depending on your needs, some networks will serve you better. LS & CJ, you will get lots of high profile companies but they have questionable affiliates such as uPromise which most affiliates dislike. SAS have a strong stand against parasite sites or questionable practices.

No network will publish any network agreement. Eveything is custom fit. Talk to the networks and read on ABW

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    I don't think this has ever been asked before. LOL Welcome to ABW. Research prior threads a bit you'll find plenty of threads on this topic with lots of answers.

Enjoy!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

In recent polls, the majority of affiliates strongly preferred ShareASale.com.

Merchants seem to be really mixed about which network they like. Looking at how frequently merchants change networks, where they move from, and where they move to, it seems that merchants aren't happy with any network (except perhaps ShareASale). Very few merchants leave there, and the couple I've seen leave ended up coming back.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

As others have mentioned, this is a question that's been asked and answered many times; spend some time reviewing the past discussions.

You did point out one issue that I've always considered "telling" -- the fact that some networks consider their merchant contracts to be "trade secrets." LinkShare has always been the worst about this, probably because at one time they negotiated such different rates with merchants that I think they were terrified that one merchant might find out how much less another merchant was paying. They also prefer to "soften the blow" regarding the cost of their services and the terms of their contract, by insisting on having a salesperson deliver a presentation first.

As you'll find from dozens of past discussions here, the three companies you've mentioned are actually quite different from each other in many ways. LinkShare charges huge fees (again, they won't disclose them and merchants are sworn to secrecy, but we are talking thousands of dollars in setup fees plus thousands of dollars in minimum monthly fees). In fairness, the high fees serve to mean that mostly larger, more stable companies offer programs through LinkShare (but not that those programs are any better).

It's hard to know what to say about Performics, other than to note that they were acquired by DoubleClick which has just been acquired by Google, so the future is probably "uncertain but bright." I think their fees are more comparable to Commission Junction, with more of an emphasis on affiliate service but more than a few complaints.

ShareASale is absolutely the most respected and trusted affiliate-solution company, as you'll find from reading the discussions here. It's not perfect, and it has its share of dubious merchants, but its low fee structure makes it attractive (I launched a new program through SAS last year, and I'm also an active affiliate through SAS, earning money from several merchants programs.

There are some "lower tier" affiliate "network" solutions, including ClickBank, ShareResults, ClixGalore, and others, but they have very few "credible" merchants and I think that very few "professional" affiliates work with them.

I happen to despise LinkShare and Commission Junction, because of their horrible record of communications with affiliates (no meaningful affiliate support) and their many blunders. I won't do business with any merchant who uses LS or CJ for their affiliate solution (not as a consultant, nor as an affiliate).

There are also other companies, like AvantLink, that provide a somewhat different approach but haven't established much traction yet.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Join affiliatefairplay.com and you can read research reports that reveal much about the character and quality of the parties you're considering. Just this morning there was a report there listing which networks were involved with a particular cheating bho partner and the networks that allow them in. The particular bho is one that feigns support of our troops as a cover story to steal commissions. Of the three you asked about, two allow them to steal and one does not allow them into the network. Most people here with more than a few dozens posts know the game being played and know exactly which networks are doing the screwing and which are not.

Listen carefully, because they've already told you.

Affiliate Manager
    Thank you so so so so so so so much .

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    big0707, got your ABW forwarded email, but prefer to answer here to maintain my privacy and don't think you have PM privileges yet. Here's where you can sign up for AFP's services:
    http://affiliatefairplay.com/services_testing.html

Have fun.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread