Affiliate Manager
    shaleashare safe for mechant?
    Hi all ,
    I recently find some affiliate network to set up an affiliate program.
    I think shareasale has the potential to meet our expectation.
    But I found it is a private company , is it safe enough to put so much depoist in to such a private company and cooperate ?

ABW Ambassador
    It's absolutely safe, Shareasale has a stellar reputation.

And by the way, welcome to the forums!

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    You will be in good hands with Share a Sale Big. We've been with them for years on other campaigns and never has there been any question about their ethics or handling of affilitate payments. Good luck.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

ABW Ambassador
    cTang keeps good track of all money from Beijing

You are in safe hands with SAS

Affiliate Manager
    Does shareshare have any Network Quality policy ?
    I have horrible experieces with CJ Network Quality policy.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    The name "CJ Network Quality" is only a marketing name. It does not really mean quality. That is fraud prevention department.

SAS calls their policy the "Merchant Agreement." Here is link to PDF file: http://www.shareasale.com/ShareASale...ement-2006.pdf

Also check Affiliate Agreement. See what they are allowed to do:
    http://www.shareasale.com/agreement.cfm

It's always good to check both agreements, merchant and affiliate. Then you can know what is allowed of both sides.

Hope this makes it through the translator okay.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

big0707 wrote: > "[ShareASale]is a private company , is it safe enough to put so much depoist in to such a private company and cooperate?" <

I certainly believe that it's absolutely safe enough.

I'm not really sure I understand the question. ShareASale has a minimum initial deposit of $100, and you generally will want to use auto-deposit keep your account replenished above that level to avoid being flagged as "low funds." Quite honestly, if you consider $100 to be a large deposit, then I'm not sure you should even be considering an affiliate program at all.

Yes, there is a remote risk that SAS will close and fail to refund merchants for unspent funds; I think the much greater risk would be for the affiliates, who run the risk that SAS might close up shop on the 20th of a month, with 50 days' earnings unpaid -- while merchants would generally be out $100 to $250, quite a few affiliates (including me) would lose more than $1,000 each.

I think the risk that SAS will "close" and fail to honor its payment promises is quite low; I have not seen any signal that would hint at any financial problems, nor have I seen any of the delays, manipulations and "shell games" that I've experienced with many companies in the industry over the past 10 years (does anybody else remember the "Commonwealth Network"?).

If SAS did reach a crisis point financially, there are dozens of companies out there that would gladly buy SAS and cover any debts to merchants and affiliates in order to acquire the reputation and relationships that SAS has worked for years to build.

I'm a cautious fellow; my most famous catch-phrase on my web site about internet advertising was "be wary." And there are certainly hundreds of individual merchants who use SAS whom I would tag with that warning, if I still owned that site. But I believe that SAS itself is absolutely the most reputable and honest company in the industry.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big0707
    is it safe enough to put so much depoist in to such a private company and cooperate ?
    There are risks with any company, but can almost guarrantee that SAS is a reputable company/network that will not take your deposit. So far we have not seen any signs of merchants loosing monies, deposits or any wrong doings at SAS for either merchants or affiliates.

Infact, we managed a program in 05' that called us back in 06' to manage their program after almost a year of being doormant on SAS and to our surprise the merchant's balance was still there on the account, same as I had left it the year prior. It had not been closed and no other deposit needed from merchant and all we needed was to get live again and get affiliates active.

I would say, "That's a pretty safe network".

Shareasale has an excellent reputation. I highly recommend them with no worries in doing so.
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks for all your post.
    I asked this dump questoin , because my company still has $20000 in CJ .
    They terminated our account.
    We did not fail to pay the publisher , but also get a poor reputation.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I asked this dump questoin , because my company still has $20000 in CJ .
    They terminated our account.
    There has to be more to this story!

What was their reason? Was the money owing for a long time or something? Or maybe problems with the tracking code?

this dude has been going around and asking questions about CJ, performics, LS and SAS. Not sure what his goals are but there is a SEARCH button. Networks do not zap your account for no reasons. I think there is more to the story about the $20k.
    Ma, where the beer? :escape:

Affiliate Manager
    Here is the whole story.
    We were China Company, We used Paypal as our payment gate way. We did have the ability to track all the activity once our client visit our website , expect the payment.
    According to Paypal policy, we could only use Paypal website payment standard solution , which meaned alll the payment would be handled by Paypal.
    We did put the tracking code in the " thank you" page, but los of clients would leave the website after the payment . So we put the tracking code in the order infomation confirmation page. Then, upload the transaction status with CJ.This operation seemed ok until the affiliate program boomed in Mar.
    As a brank new merchant, an the only one merchant in the China export Market , lots of clients would not put their confident in our escrow service. However, they did plate the " trial order " without real payment .
    So our account always experienced "Low balance warnning"
    We kept transfer money to the account . Owe to the lag between warnning and the money transfer. we experieneced account deactivated.

Affiliate Manager
    My processers were not familiar with CJ net work. More over , they have ignored the advice from CJ. There were more stories between CJ and us. For the protection of CJ private info, I think I would like to stop here.
    But I still have something to said:
    the affiliate network should take more measures to help the China internet compay , as far as I know . More and more compay was enter the affiliate field and they are tarketing on US market. If you see a US LLC with lots of asia face , there they are.

Affiliate Manager
    For an example :

http://www.oforu.com/us/buy/wow/gold/us/index.html
    http://www.thsale.com/

an other example is www.newegg.com
    which is is operated in China under the name of China inc.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread