Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    FREE XML/CSV Feed Generator For Merchants
    *MODS* I am placing this here but feel free to move to an appropriate forum.

We've been working on a small script that enables small/medium sized merchants who don't have technical support and don't know how to create datafeeds for affiliates to provide a way of doing so without having to do anything at all to create them! I repeat WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING!

IT IS FREE TO ALL MERCHANTS!

This generator will enable affiliates to immediately create a datafeed of your entire product inventory INSTANTLY in order for them to then add their affiliate links so they can promote you.

How many merchants offer feeds that are wrong or don't offer feeds all all? Thousands and then some.

This is a simple demo and I stress. It is FREE for any merchant anywhere in the world to install. Yes there are a few T's & C's but you'll need to just simply EMAIL ME for further information.

At present we have created the script to run on OsCommerce sites. With a little adjustment we can get it to run on other types of generated sites. It's also compatible with our commercial datafeed management software for affiliates but they can create feeds without our software if they want.

Here is a working demo. The first url is a typical unedited OsCommerce template. www.swarris.com/demoshop and this just shows you a simple preset template supplied by OsCommerce. Now type www.swarris.com/demoshop/feedmaker.php and you will see the entire product inventory in a comma separated value excel file.

By installing a simple 50 line (approx) script (yes that's literally all it is) into a merchant website any person who is an affiliate can instantly create an entire feed comprising every product you have and you the merchant DO NOTHING to write the feed! Then all an affiliate does is add their affiliate links and network tracking code and they have an accurate feed and not the rubbish offerings all of us have been putting up with.

Now we're not asking for a

But we are in our T's & C's demanding a one way link to us in appreciation.

So please debate.

Affiliates: Is this script worth getting merchants to add so you can instantly create a datafeed of their entire product inventory?

Merchants: Will this save you money on paying people to prepare datafeeds for you and enhance your business?

We're not asking for money for this script. Yes we'll be adding more functionality to our own software as many affiliates now use our stuff and this tool is easily incorporated into it but affiliates can now create feeds "on the fly" without it if they want and FINALLY they get a feed that is accurate and not the usual rubbish.

I would truly appreciate your comments on this innovation.
    Flambi Media Limited - USA/UK/EU Affiliate Management Expertise

ABW Ambassador
    Downloading:
    John, if I click on the demo feedmaker.php page URL you've posted, its trying to download a csv to my computer which I don't want, and isn't a demo of how it will work.

The demo is currently just the csv feed of all the products on the OScommererce site.

It would be up to the individual affiliate to create his own page from the feed using his own software or any of the available feed coonverters on the market. The feed could easily be produced in xml as well as or instead of csv.

As an example of what could easily be done is http://www.swarris.com/dgu.php (mods note I've taken out my affiliate links from the page).

This site takes it's data directly from a merchant's xml feeds which are constantly updated. So the affiliate can build an instant site. New products appear on the affilate site as they are added by the merchant directly into the xml feed.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    I guess it is similiar to http://www.goldencan.com/Merchants/D...ation_289.aspx
    but all you are asking for is a back link?

how reliable is your tracking for affiliates? we had some issues in the past with another datafeed file intergration provider. Is it still in beta (meaning there are still bugs and needs more testing)?

Hi Eric

The idea is to enable small merchants using an os commerce type site and who do not have any programming resources/skills to produce a raw datafeed from their shop.

The affiliate / network / goldencan etc can then pick up their feed direct from the merchant and add their own affiliate tracking using appropriate software.

The feed is produced in real time so is always be up to date.

In some ways it is like your own xls feed where affiliates have to enter their own affiliate details.

Quote Originally Posted by FairFieldGetaway-EricEwe
    I guess it is similiar to http://www.goldencan.com/Merchants/D...ation_289.aspx
    but all you are asking for is a back link?

how reliable is your tracking for affiliates? we had some issues in the past with another datafeed file intergration provider. Is it still in beta (meaning there are still bugs and needs more testing)?

Eric. We're only after a backlink acknowledging our work plus a few other bits and pieces at a later stage.

It's not a datafeedfile integration provider. It interrogates a site inventory, extracting details of all products in the inventory and creates a file for download that an affiliate can then use to create a site after inserting their affiliate links.

We want the backlink to promote our outsourcing operations and own products. It's provided free for not less than a year to any merchant. I cannot discuss any further licensing on this forum as that would constitute a breach of forum terms as this notice isn't a paid inclusion.

If you have any questions about the product feel free to contact Donk for technical details subject to non disclosure. If you have any questions about contractual or licensing issues etc etc then please email me.

We're people who do a lot of script outsourcing and also own label products, mainly in php but by offering a useful product free to merchants that benefits affiliates in that they can obtain an accurate datafeed to use, then it's good public relations for us and a backlink from every merchant using this system for free helps our page rank.

ABW Ambassador
    Is this how the URLs are put out on affiliate sites, as seen from clicking on a link on the demo page?

http://swarris.com/demoshop/product_info.php?products_id=9&osCsid=02cf57f411c11a99677ebea6f72af7ef

that benefits affiliates in that they can obtain an accurate datafeed to use, then it's good public relations for us and a backlink from every merchant using this system for free helps our page rank
    Except that URLs like that are a death sentence for affiliates' product pages for search engine indexing.

No it won't look like that. It'll display the usual

http://www.swarris.com/demoshop/prod...products_id=17 is the url in line 17 of the file extracted.

http://www.swarris.com/demoshop/prod...?products_id=9 That's line 9

The long urls are a common problem for many deeplinking affilate urls.

There have been many discussions on ABW as to how these links can best be hidden.

http and a telephoto
    It isn't the deep link webworker is seeing, it's a session ID appended to the url. That needs to be stripped off.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

That's right and if you look at the csv file created it is removed.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread