Ride It Like You Stole It CowgirlUp's Avatar
    Proud Mom
    End of the school year awards was last week and my 12 year old cleaned up!

For track and field she recieved:

1st in the 100yd dash
    2nd in 50yd dash
    2nd in 50 yd hurdles
    2nd in football throw
    she also received 4th year in a row recognition from the US Marines for outstanding physical fitness

She received a presidential award for being on honor roll the entire year with a GPA of 3.75

The teachers and principal also held "teacher's choice" awards and she recieved:

(only student) Outstanding writing, composition and poetry
    (1 of 2 students) Excellence in science
    and the best of all
    (1 of 2 students) 2007 Leadership award _ Which was funny because the other student was my trainer's daughter. My trainer was sitting with me during the ceremony and we were teased by some of the other parents that it was a conspiracy because we had coached the basketball team this year.

This was a great end to hard year for her. Last summer, her biological father roughed her up pretty bad on one of his visitations and she ended up in the hospital. He was prosecuted (she had to testify against him, she was so terrified but so brave) and was convicted of Domestic Violence but did no time. So I went after him in a civil suit and won. He no longer has visitation.

I am so very proud of her for pulling through this year with such excellence! Aren't kids the most amazing people on the planet? She's my hero!
    Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

ABW Ambassador
    So sorry she had to go through that horrible ordeal, but she's a plucky one if she came out fighting and achieved what she did during the school year.

Hearty congratulations to her, and to you for being a Mom with a backbone.

Congrats to mom and daughter for overcoming the adversities life is full of!! Sounds like your daughter has a wonderful role model in her mom.

Joey

Very intelligent and active girl ... must take after her mom!

Congrats go out to both of you for being strong enough to stand up against the biological father (he does not even deserve this title).

In my eyes, that's an unforgivable act! I am appalled that "the girly man coward" served absolutely no jail time for his charge. I can't even imagine the thoughts that must have raced through her mind when her father (cough) physically lost control and caused hospitalization to attend to her wounds.

I applaud both of you for your strength & accomplishments!
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Congratz on her achievements.
    I am glad that everything turned out OK for her and you. I think the judge should have thrown child abusers, molesters into the cellar or put them to hard labor.

Wow she sounds like a very smart and active girl. Congrats to both of you for all the awards that she won. I'm sure it's because she has such a great mom looking out for her.

She was very brave for testifying against her dad, it's sad and unthinkable that a parent can do that to their own child. By the sounds of it, he's not much of a person to begin with if he's capable of that. I'm glad you got his sorry butt with the civil suit.

Thanks everyone! I'm super proud of her, she's truly my inspiration to get up every day.

Besides the conviction, he did receive community service, anger management counseling, and for 60 days he had to wear an alcohol monitor. I was really disappointed. The prosecutor didn't even get me restitution for her medical bills after the insurance paid their part. Oh believe me, I'm in agreement that anyone who hurts a child should be punished with unbiasedness.

I am fortunate that I have such a wonderful husband that stood by us through all this. The civil action drained us emotionally and financially, but he doesn't regret it at all. He's an awesome father to her and as far as she's concerned that's her daddy.

She wants to go to the military, see the world and then become a lawyer in what else? Family Law Woohoo! maybe I can get a retirement home in Hawaii

Anyone else go to their child's end of the school year activities? Any graduations?

http and a telephoto
    Awesome... Here are extra for her and you
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Great accomplishments! HUGS to your precious daughter and kudos for coming through a school year with heavy baggage to lug. Most kids would have dropped to ball. Sounds like a very special young lady you'll be proud of for years.

Her bio dad should be strung up. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - Wonderful that your husband is there for both of you, however. He'll reap the rewards and karma of being a good dad. I'll bet he's as proud of your daughter as you are.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Thanks Loxly and Rexanne

She keeps hijacking my puter now that school's out, so it's hard for me to keep up with everything. If this keeps up, I'm gonna teach her how to use html and work on my site! I'm sure she can be bribed with hershey bars and vanilla coke

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rgrsgrl
    Thanks Loxly and Rexanne

She keeps hijacking my puter now that school's out, so it's hard for me to keep up with everything. If this keeps up, I'm gonna teach her how to use html and work on my site! I'm sure she can be bribed with hershey bars and vanilla coke
    If she discovers Myspace, you're in serious trouble. Maybe time to get her a computer of her own. She'll need it for middle school homework anyway. ;-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    Great Accomplishments. Congrats to both.

Great accomplishment...
    Congrats to her and a proud Mom
    Cheers,

Harry.
    Mondera Affiliate Manager
    http://www.mondera.com/affiliate_support/
    Winner of the LinkShare 2004 Golden Link Awards "Affiliate's Choice Award"
    Winner of the 2002 Abestweb.com "Best Affiliate Program Award"

I am so happy to hear of your daughter's achievements

Kudos to both of you
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Congratulations to both you and your daughter on all of her accomplishments!

How proud you must be of all of them, especially when you both have had such a trying year. My grandma always told me that what goes around does come around. I truly believe it does.

Life handed your daughter lemons and she filled a fridge with lemonade. Good for her!!
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Quote Originally Posted by AM@4checks

Life handed your daughter lemons and she filled a fridge with lemonade. Good for her!!
    That's a cool way to look at it, thanks.

Thanks again everyone. Both girls have puters in their rooms with printers and all that fun stuff but I haven't broken down and given them internet access yet. I'm glad that they have the opportunity to grow up in the country and there is so much that can be done outside I don't want them to become puter taters just yet. Plus it's nice in the summer because when one is on the net I can do things with the other one while they wait their turn. Oye, but I know the day is coming when I'll have to break down and let them have access from their puters but I'm trying to hold off I know, I should lighten up but I'm just a little hesitant.

Congrats! I loved track and field when I was in school. It's a great thing to participate in!
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

Internet Cowboy
    That's awesome Amy. She is a strong young lady with, obviously, good leadership at home. Congrats to you all!!!!

A very promising start for a 12 years old.

Yes, you should let her learn html and control access to the internet. At this age kids learn fast. Who knows you may be able to retire sooner than you thought as she grasp the knowledge of AM.

Thanks
    Richard

Definitely agree with all the others. She really is a super kid and defnitely pretty easy to see where she gets her strength. Definitely not taking anything away from her cos it's amazing that she was able to do all that after everything she's been through but think ya gotta give you and your husband an awful lot of credit, too. You guys were providing her an awful lot of support and it would've been soooooo obvious to her just how very much she was loved by the two of you while all this was going on. I'm sure that seeing the lengths you were going to for her must've meant an awful lot to her and helped her enormously.

Really am very sorry she and the rest of you had to go through what you did It's just mind boggling to me how a Dad or a Mom in a situation could do that to their own child know it goes on every day I'm sure though to some poor child somewhere, just really wish it didn't. Your daughter definitely doesn't show any signs of it and did what AM@4checks said. Many wouldn't have been able to but you've really got a strong one. Hope things just keep getting better and better for her and hope there's some justice somehow down the road that your ex gets what's coming to him.

hugs, thanks ya'll. Sometimes I don't think I deserve such a great kid!

We have a new accomplishment to report. My dad taught her how to play "Smoke on the water" on the guitar yesterday LOL, maybe there's a connection between classic rock and good, well balanced children! haha

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread