Vet charged
    I am so fortunate to have a vet that truly loves animals - I hope they throw the book at this guy

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070612/...s/beaten_dog_2
    CharPaula
    Staying focused on the bottomline

Quote Originally Posted by charpaula
    I am so fortunate to have a vet that truly loves animals - I hope they throw the book at this guy

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070612/...s/beaten_dog_2
    For every horrible vet like that, there's a great one. I have my own story about one.

At a local adoption day, I came upon an adorable little puppy. It had a rough start, as its owner had beaten it within an inch of its life. The owner took it to the vet, but couldn't or wouldn't pay to have it treated. The vet took the poor thing home and watched it around the clock. It was touch and go, but the little gal made it. A few days later, the owner came back to claim his puppy. The vet told him it had died. That little puppy was adopted by a loving family that day.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Ride It Like You Stole It CowgirlUp's Avatar
    A vet that can't handle an unruly patient is really pathetic. Dr. Steph and I have been bitten, scratched, literally thrown into walls, peed on, stepped on more than we can count by large animals such as horses and cows but NEVER would we even think about striking a patient. I was once hit so hard in the side of the face by a muzzled dog it cracked my tooth! But the dog wasn't being mean, it was scared.

That's really sad. Poor Chihuaha!

Meadowmufn, that was sweet what your vet did.
    Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Not to be a smartass, but how hard can it be to handle an unruly chihuahua?

My border collie mix nearly mauls me every day and that's just saying hi...part of working/living around dogs!
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly, LLC 702.407.0707 joe.lilly at partnerweekly.com
    PartnerWeekly

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lilly
    Not to be a smartass, but how hard can it be to handle an unruly chihuahua?

My border collie mix nearly mauls me every day and that's just saying hi...part of working/living around dogs!
    But Joe, those chihuahuas can be vicious! LOL. We rescued one and it wanted to tear apart our 60 pound beaglador... or so it seemed. She was just really scared, so we separated the two til we found a suitable home for the chihuahua. Away from our dog, she was the sweetest thing, wanted to be held constantly. She had a spring-loaded butt and could jump from the floor clean up into your arms. LOL.

I can't tell you how many times our dog has accidentally "cleaned my clock" by catching my chin with her head as she was standing up and I was leaning down. I have two very slightly chipped teeth to show for it. LOL. It was just an accident, something neither of us could have anticipated.

We also have budgies and even though I've gotten very adept at handling them, the one that is most afraid of being held sliced me good the other day. My fault, I should've concentrated a little more. He was just doing what came naturally. Working with him, I've learned to contain my frustration and to tolerate pain... REALLY tolerate pain. LOL. Thank goodness I don't have to clip his nails and wings that often.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

I hear you and chi's can be rough...but you can at least grab them and immobilize them, which is tougher on the big dogs.

I used to have budgies...those suckers can bite.
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly, LLC 702.407.0707 joe.lilly at partnerweekly.com
    PartnerWeekly

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread