freebies?
    Hi everyone,
    So after about 2 weeks of research and re-thinking my ideas I've decided to start up 2 different AM sites. One will be a niche site and one a more general coupon-type site.
    For the coupon site, I am wondering how to search for deals, and "freebies" in particular. I know that affiliates make money on freebie offers but am curious as to how to find them.
    I'm excited about these new startups and can't wait to see where they go!!

thanks again!
    cckid

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    One way: Search with the word: free
    You will find freebie directories. Then check all the sites for affiliate programs.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

So do you mean search within, say, CJ for the word free? Where do you find the freebie directories?
    Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    One way: Search with the word: free
    You will find freebie directories. Then check all the sites for affiliate programs.

ABW Ambassador
    I think he means search Google for other freebie sites and see which merchants/programs they're using.

It's none of my business which sites you start but one of them freebies, hit the peak awhile back. I'm sure there are still some top ones making money. The other a general coupon site. Extremely competitive. Now you can still make money but just so you know.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    not sure whether you want to work in a freebie vertical.
    it is also highly competitive and usually, those are co-registration companies like "Win a Free Ipod when you submit to 10 offers". A good example would be CoolSavings. Some are really free but some you have to jump throught hoops and fires before you finally see the "Submit" button.

As trust said, coupon is highly competitive and unless you provide something unique, what will Joe Smoe do? Shop from his regular coupon site or use your new coupon site?

All the best!

Thanks for the tips! I'm fairly new to this AM stuff so making any money at all is a success for me at this point!
    Do you or have you used any blog/CMS tools to manage your links and pages? If so, what are your thoughts? I'm considering the use of either wordpress or joomla to manage my sites, but they seem rather inflexible. I have my own data entry and code going right now but am not happy with it.
    thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    I think he means search Google for other freebie sites and see which merchants/programs they're using.

It's none of my business which sites you start but one of them freebies, hit the peak awhile back. I'm sure there are still some top ones making money. The other a general coupon site. Extremely competitive. Now you can still make money but just so you know.

Thanks Eric,
    I am working on some ideas to differentiate my site and will see what it ends up being. I believe in the strategy of finding something successful and improving on it. I've seen and used some coupon sites in the past and hope to improve on their concepts as I go. Many of them I find rather confusing so using my education (i'm currently a MIS student) I'll try to implement some better architecture and usability to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by WyndhamVacationR-EricEwe
    not sure whether you want to work in a freebie vertical.
    it is also highly competitive and usually, those are co-registration companies like "Win a Free Ipod when you submit to 10 offers". A good example would be CoolSavings. Some are really free but some you have to jump throught hoops and fires before you finally see the "Submit" button.

As trust said, coupon is highly competitive and unless you provide something unique, what will Joe Smoe do? Shop from his regular coupon site or use your new coupon site?

All the best!

freebies are fun, and a good way to get loyal visitors if you're unique. Like there's ones that focus on credit-cards with those apporama things, and others that promote the free-trials of software... so finding a niche, and having good unique content can make you an authority, and get some good rankings and good $.

like others have said there's a lot of competition in coupons, and posting unapproved or other sites coupons is frowned upon from the merchants, so if you do a coupon site, just tread lightly, and watch what you put out there.

Thanks for the freebies idea! I'll look forward to seeing how this thing works out after it's set up!

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread