SAS site is slow today
    Hi,

It seems that SAS site is loading very slow today. Anybody noticed that?

ABW Ambassador
    Loading fine on my end.

Maybe it's the same issue as discussed at http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=89423

ABW Ambassador
    ?

"Shareasale down?
    None of my Shareasale links are working."

SAS isn't down, my links are working and I can get it fine. Ghoti are your links down, can you login, is it slow on your end?

Everything is fine on my end right now. But because of the time of zorch's post, I figured it might be because of the nightly problem (I assume it's still happening).

I see that SAS site is working now. Thanks everyone.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Zorch,

It has actually been working this whole time.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by zorch
    Hi,

It seems that SAS site is loading very slow today. Anybody noticed that?
    Wasn't slow for me at all this morning. I spent the morning in there because CJ was sucking wind all morning. SaS been fine.

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Brian,

I've noticed the same thing that others have in the thread (above) that ghoti referred to. If I'm awake and checking SAS at about 12:00 midnight Eastern time, the interface almost always hangs (i.e., does not respond) during the time period about 5-7 minutes both before and after midnight. So it's effectively down for around 10-15 minutes each night. Have you figured out what is causing this? Nightly server backups? If whatever it is that causes this MUST happen, can it be moved from midnight to, say, 3:00am Eastern Time? Very few people will be working on it then.

If it only affects the account management interface and does not actually affect affiliate links or tracking, then I don't have much of a problem with it. But someone in the other thread suggested that the aff links stopped working during this time as well. I guess I need to test this myself.

In the meantime, I'm sure I speak for many people who would like to know if this problem is being worked on. Thanks, Brian. I know y'all do a great job over there in Chicago at SAS, and you certainly put CJ to shame in terms of uptime and fairly trouble-free systems.

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Brian,

Can you please let us know what this midnight time period issue is about? Again, I tried to check my stats at 11:50 EDT tonight, and it was hanging. This time, I wanted to see if it was just the account manager or more, so went through some of my SAS links and they all hung as well. Eventually my browser would report the site was not responding. It's back up now, but eyeballing it, the hang was from about 11:50pm to about 11:57pm. And as I said before in my last message, this happens almost every time I try to load SAS pages around midnight. I can't confirm that it happens every night, but it's every time I happen to try to use the interface around midnight. Frustrating!

Links being down (actually hanging -- pretty much the same as down) for 7 minutes every night wouldn't be a serious catastrophe, but it certainly should be examined and fixed. I've noticed that some visitors actually click my SAS links around midnight. A small number, but definitely some. And that could mean missed sales. Thanks for looking into this.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread