Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    I just got an email offering a new service.
    Type my keyword into the explorer bar and they can be redirected to my site thru this service?
    WARNING, IF YOU HIT THE SITE IT DOES TRY TO DOWNLOAD SOMETHING.
    My zonealarm stopped the download.
    Is this a new parasite?

Did you know that if I typed in any particular word or keyword phrase that is connected to your business, using Netscape, Explorer, or AOL browser I could be immediately sent to YOUR WEBSITE! Our technology can do this for you.

For example, keywords like Real Estate, Travel, Insurance, or any keyword or phrase that relates to your business can pull end-users from their browser search directly to Your website.

Normally, when searching, end-users find websites on the Internet using search engines like Yahoo. They type in a word pertaining to the business they are interested in, and a very long list of websites come up. With our clients, when you type in a keyword in the browser address bar, users are sent directly to a website related to that keyword.

Some of our Clients include: MasterCard, Ford, Disney, Home Depot, Hallmark, and Barnes & Noble.

If you would like to explore the possibilities for Your website, please respond before someone else get the keyword or phrase that is best for Your business!

Best regards,
    http://www.2000notes.com

2000Notes Business Solutions

The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground

I got the same message earlier this week, but I don't recall if it had the same web address on it. It's spam, of course, as the address they sent it to was the one that processes forms on my site!

I KNOW I didn't "opt-in" using that address.

I didn't want to dig around the site for the same reasons you mentioned, so I can't say if it's a new parasite or not. If they can do what they say, they might need to be watched.

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    They spamm campaign will have easily have multiple domains as they total scam is to get their BHO parasite onto machines real quickly. You can be these dime a dozen PPC/keyword/parasites are just template purchase spread by sleezy affiliates and spammers.

Forgive me for not even being interested in clicking the URL. If it comes by spamm ..it's a scam! Only interesting thing to research is if some well known PPC keyword company is siphoning off their customer accounts using these BHO's. Jeez Andy breakout another case of those glo light mouse rubbers the browser bar robbers are at it again.

Did they have a PO drop box address and take PayPal. Always worry about spammers with PayPal payment offers as their Advirus/spyware pkg often plants a username/password sniffer or a phoney PayPal payment page.

WebMaster Mike

"Vision without Action is a daydream .. Action without vision can be a nightmare"
    Combine the two and you have the makings of a profitable reality!

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    No digging to be done on this site and who knows what they use for payment, etc. Just a one page site that is a form to give them your name, email addy, and phone #. Yeah, right!

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I forgot BLFH got the complimentary mouse rubber samples and has all the alien force shields to go surf the net for the darkside forces.

I'm just to worn out laughing at today's Tigerdirect "beg for your prize" contest to fool with the spammin/scamming greedmiesters out there. They obviously were trying to mine some privacy info to see if they could scrape up enough cash to buy the actual underground theftware/PPC combo script and make their first million.

WebMaster Mike

"Vision without Action is a daydream .. Action without vision can be a nightmare"
    Combine the two and you have the makings of a profitable reality!

They are some spammer for the IGNetwork (or whatever they are called) It's a bogus realnames via a BHO app.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    @ Mike,

Forget the mouse rubbers. With everything that has been going on over here lately, it's looking like what I really need are a bunch of port rubbers. Hmmm, can you get busy with that design for me plz?? Burst proof required. ABW logo optional. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread