Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Just wondering how sales are going with CJ. I've made a total of $3.00 in 3 days now. For some reason I can't get any of CJ merchants to convert at all. Even the ones that normally do. The other networks are all right on track and converting normal. Jeeesh, I hope this slump ends soon [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Affiliate Programs That Kick Major Butt

15 years and counting
    Not bad at all, thank you. With the new Google update I have new pages rising up and others are not producing any more, but on the overall I am getting more sales from more merchants. I'm working now with scumware free merchants and it shows. I'm also slowly switching my links to private deals. Can't wait for CJ to protect my business. They told us they don't care if others are getting our commissions.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

ABW Ambassador
    Doing okay. September is down from August, but not severely -- and for me, it's down across all the major networks... SAS is doing great, but it's due mostly to one merchant and the season. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] A couple of independents are up over August, others are about the same.

-------
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go to bed.

CJ sales abruptly absent the past 3 days. I think its a reporting error.....

Maria at ItsRainingBargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    Sales have been OK for me past few days.

Nothing brilliant, just average.

-----------
    JoKe-ZoNe
    -----------

Hardly any big sales in September while compared to last quarter, but the month was generally slow anyway, the 3rd week was particularly bad. Began to see some better activities 2 days ago on Thursday.

Sales normal for me the last few days.

Ron
    7 Days A Week Marketing

"Keep your hands out of my cookie jar!"

ABW Ambassador
    It wouldn't surprise me ugly heads are rising again.

I started yesterday with a bang and around 2:00 it all dried up everywhere and not just CJ. All networks were effected with me big time with only very small drips coming in occasionally.

ABW Ambassador
    sales decrease than early month [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

quote:
    I've made a total of $3.00 in 3 days now. For some reason I can't get any of CJ merchants to convert at all.

quote:
    CJ sales abruptly absent the past 3 days.

...meanwhile, things at the parasites are going GREAT! You know how slow it's been for you? Well, it's BUSY BUSY BUSY at the parasites!

Thanks to the watchful eyes that look out for us, things in Affiliateland are just great!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    My conversion rate has dropped to .20% today with consdierable traffic with another company, nothing on CJ since 2 yesterday and the other one hasn't had anything in 3 days.

Its so bad, I'm actually considering putting in a redirect in my header file to redirect all pages to a "temporarily closed page" explaining the issues currently going on.

I am not going to feed these thieves all of my traffic and sales for long thats for sure.

I know I'm daydreaming but just imagine the press coverage and damage we could do to those rats before they get in every house if we had an organized strike date and had all of our affiliate sites redirected to a central and consistent "temporarily closed page" that effectivly explained the issue to internet users. Do that for a week or so and imagine how much coverage and outrage and consumer awareness this this would bring. Talk about taming the wild wild westand educating consumers - WOW.

Holy Toledo. I rather do that then feed them more money and let them get a deeper grip on unknowing consumers!

We are testing the IJumpLinks™ . It is normal if you are not getting any sales from CJ Merchants. We are stealing most customers from them. Things should be fine at LinkShare. We will stop testing tomorrow, SO CJ should be okay the following day unless someone else (one of my competitors) are also doing their testing.

Murat Ates
    Affiliate Marketing Professional

---------------
    "Seat Belts - Click it or Ticket" ~Garden State Parkway

ummmmm

this thread should get interesting.

Something strange is afoot at Circle K

Absolutely normal for me (9 transactions in the last 3 days)

ABW Ambassador
    Yo Blues,

You're so full of crap I can't believe it - LOL.

The only bad thing is that your post still made my blood pressure rise another 100 points (as if it's not high enough already) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img].

Just let me ask this? How hard was it to get a list of all our affiliate links for every product, get your software that "you're testing" on all my customers machines and as I belive I heard you say in another post let the user define their on jump points. Well, if you were able to do all this in such a short time and effect every CJ affiliates sales here I certainly applaud you.

Hows this one.
    Why mess with letting the user define their own jump points anyway? I surely miss the point.

Just write a spider to go out and capture all affiliate links on the net and have a simple program to take the data and insert them in a database for you automatically. You can set up a bunch of machines with winrunner scripts on them to read the links, excute them and do basic anaylsis at execution time to determine the company where the link is associated to and classify them by company and product if you like.

This strategy will allow you to develop a system that has a stealth mode where you could actually control the diversion techniques to be done randomly or in a very controlled method that would allow you to target specific items to be diverted to maximize your profit. It would also cause detection to be much harder and have merchants disagreeing on if something was consistently going on which would put the red flag down and allow you to silently stay in a stealth mode and avoid detection.

With the LS merchants, I believe they even have a common affiliate identify for a particular site. Ahhhhh you could even go so far as to target the people in this site you don't like. Boy am I glad I've never divuldged my site in here [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img].

Now I you know you want to sell lots of underwear for Micheal at Xmas. Surely, you would want to concentrate on much higher end targets during that time and you wouldn't want to mess with swimsuits in the winter either. You see where I'm going!

Now to make your blood pressure risde a 100 points. You know all those sales you've been missing. I grabbed your links after the first post I didnt like from you and I'm the one who employed this technique to steal your commsions.

Payback is a nofo aint it - LOL [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img].

Of course......

I'm just kidding though [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

My sales dried up today, too. But, I had normal click throughs. Uh, how does that jump thingydo work? You're kidding, I hope.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    No problems here, on a statistically significant number of daily transactions.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    My sales really took a hit the last five weeks.

But my non-affiliate sales, interestingly enough, are up. Hmmmmmmm.

Somewhere, I am sure, the Gods of War are laughing.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    FORTUNATELY, September has been a positive record month for me in terms of both sales volume and actual commissions--and enough people are finding my new sites, and my old sites on obscure terms that previously did not rank well, for me to be making about what I have been all month. Today's down a bit but that may be a normal fluctuation.

What I do notice is that my traffic is now coming in on more obscure terms--terms that previously did not rank well.

Also consider the massive irrelevancy noticed in this last Google index. If YOUR pages are showing up as irrelevant results somewhere, instead of where they should be, that would cause a spike of DUD hits--while giving you less actual transactions than usual.

There's more than parasiteware that can be responsible for tanked sales, especially because of the screwball nature of the last Google index.

A log file check will show what terms the people are coming in on. Do they match what you are trying to sell?

There is no knowledge that is not power.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sales/leads... are not as good as they were last month, but in the last 3 days THEY Are starting to show up!

Sales on the 29th the lowest for 3 months - especially at CJ.

"Can I sell the sh*t and will the merchant pay?" ~ Leader

ABW Ambassador
    Yup [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

sadly cj still let parasite eat our cookies !
    and how about Xmas ? likely its big harvest for parasite

I think the Google update is kicking my tail

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    CJ or an outside fee based party tipping off Morpheus -LimeWire -Grockster -Kazaa and Shopnow/WhenU on who converts, regardless of EPC, sucks the life out of many of the good ones. Add in the messed up Google crawl and the Looksmart alliance and you'll see normal text and banner links will not make it. You need product links and most merchant's there are too lazy to put them up and keep them current.

WebMaster Mike

Sales at Cj are just fine. This is my best month ever.

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Today, we say that when you pick a fight with any of us, you pick a fight with all of us! And that when you push us, we will push back! AFL-CIO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast