Exclamation What do I do with the 'Add a site' PID #S?
    I was hurrying to add all my affiliate sites to CJ and realized its giving new PID#s to each one. OK, now what do I do with them?

and ... do I really need to register all my sites?

Websprinter

CJ does assign a PID to each site. When you go to get the code for a link ("Get HTML"), you can choose which site you want to associate with that link so you can track the performance of each site you put links on.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Thanks for the quick answer mobilebadboy

So these PID#s will just track the individual sites?

Is this the same as what you said? I found it in the 'help' section:

"Enables you to select the Web site on which you wish to place the link if you have more than one Web site. This choice automatically changes the PID in the link code to correspond to the Web site choice. If you are tracking link performance by Web site, only add this link code to the Web site chosen in this field." (Sorry, Greek to me.)

I still need to know what happens if I donít register my sites?? Am I loosing revenue for those? Do I need to register all my sites? (I have around 300)

Maybe too, Iím worried that since these PID#s are not the same as my original PID# will it still track?

Websprinter

If you don't put your sites, it will still track through your account, you just won't know which site sent what clicks/sales. The advantage of the individual PIDs is so you can track that per site. Or, if you only register one site, and have 10 youre putting links on, everything will default to that one site in the stats.

When you go to get links for a merchant, and choose which link/ad you want to run, when the popup comes up and you click "Get HTML" for the link code, you'll see an option to choose one of your sites from a little dropdown menu. It will automatically add that site's PID to the link code.

Thanks again mobilebadboy

Quote Originally Posted by mobilebadboy
    If you don't put your sites, it will still track through your account, you just won't know which site sent what clicks/sales. The advantage of the individual PIDs is so you can track that per site. Or, if you only register one site, and have 10 youre putting links on, everything will default to that one site in the stats.
    K, sounds good to have the separate ones then.
    When you go to get links for a merchant, and choose which link/ad you want to run, when the popup comes up and you click "Get HTML" for the link code, you'll see an option to choose one of your sites from a little dropdown menu. It will automatically add that site's PID to the link code.
    Golly, I think you really lost me on this one. I know about the "Get Links" page but not a "Get HTML" page. Though, I just read in 'help' about changing the code from Java to HTML. Am I close? Or are you talking about the "Get Links" on the Advertiserís list?

Websprinter

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    If you have a site called isellleftshoes and another called isellrightshoes

and you get a lot of zappos sales

the individual pids tell you which of your 2 sites is making money

Are you partnered with any merchants yet? "Get HTML" only appears with merchants youre joined with.

If you are, then go to Get Links > By Relationship (sub menu under Get Links, these are merchants you're partnered with) > View Links (for a merchant) > Click any ad/link for the merchant > get a popup > click Get HTML. Then you'll see Link Type, PID, etc. There's one for Web Site with a dropdown menu.

Then you pick the site you want associated with that link.

Thanks a lot mobilebadboy for explaining that to me! I got it! A whole page of banners opened for my merchant.

Too tired to work on it now. I'll check back tomorrow. night-night

Websprinter

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread